Caleb956

FF2 server ideas

3 minutes ago, Krampus said:

I believe his average speed is about 330 hammer units per second and during rage it jumps up to about 520, which I believe scouts normal is at 400 hammer units per second. Though I am not sure how fast scouts max speed goes to in mvm 

Scouts get a good speed boost from MvM maxed, I can try to get exact. But I do understand, it's unfair. 

I need to play FF2 more too agree with any of this. We could probably remove some bosses though, Since alot of them kinda do the same thing just with different skins. We should also look up up-to-date bosses that dont get a 30 second match before their dead. Also, fix whatever needs to be fixed in the Shop because lord knows last time someone actually looked at that and played with it.

Honestly I don't really see the point in removing any bosses for not being played if we can just add more on top of it, unless it is literally impossible to do that and you have to replace them. I'm completely fine with re-working bosses or if they're in cases like Fujiwara No Mokou we could straight up just remove them.

1 hour ago, Kypari said:

Honestly I don't really see the point in removing any bosses for not being played if we can just add more on top of it, unless it is literally impossible to do that and you have to replace them.

If what Caleb said about their being a cap to the number of bosses is true then that's one reason there to remove some, but also consider the ridiculous number of assets that need to be downloaded to play on the server. If removing some bosses that are hardly used anyways would help to clean that up, I'd be all in favor of doing so.

8 hours ago, Nozomi said:

Also, fix whatever needs to be fixed in the Shop because lord knows last time someone actually looked at that and played with it.

If by that you mean the playpoints plugin, it's being removed. More info on that can be found here

Fujiwara No Mokou:
 -Widely accepted as an awful boss, no redeeming qualities and has a bad rage, on death rage.

I haven't seen any of these new bosses much myself but have only heard people complain about the new "weeb" bosses being overpowered. Changing the rage to the flame burst that knight and others have doesn't seem like a great solution to me since that particular rage tends to cause the most aggravation in people. Probably best just to remove this particular boss by the sounds of it.

Radaghan Conagher/butt Pancakes/Chuck Norris/Garfield/HHH Jr/Dark Vader/Triceratops/sonic.exe

Out of this list, i'd say remove radaghan, pancakes, HHH Jr, Garfield, and sonic.exe. They all are practically never played outside of very rare occurrences, Garfield is constantly memed as being the single worst boss,  and sonic.exe gets a lot of complaints for being very weak (lacking health I think?) and having an annoying rage so neither being fun to play as or against. Dark Vader I've seen played very often but  does suffer from breaking a lot due to the pyro model. I think that has to do with the barrel power up from playpoints so removing that will likely fix it assuming that's the case. Chuck Norris I see maybe not as often but far from as rare as those listed above. Outside of dark vader's model issues, they both are fairly well balanced and functional bosses. The Triceratops is very....wonky. If people would want to remove him for how awkward he seems to operate and his hit boxes supposedly being widely inaccurate I wouldn't be too opposed. 

One quick nitpick @Caleb956 you could have probably just started this up here. But no, we don't have enough threads started cause of ff2 yet >:(

4 hours ago, Elcark said:

If what Caleb said about their being a cap to the number of bosses is true then that's one reason there to remove some, but also consider the ridiculous number of assets that need to be downloaded to play on the server. If removing some bosses that are hardly used anyways would help to clean that up, I'd be all in favor of doing so.

I know there is a fix to the cap, but I have to do some shenanigans with the plugin code I think.

I haven't seen any of these new bosses much myself but have only heard people complain about the new "weeb" bosses being overpowered. Changing the rage to the flame burst that knight and others have doesn't seem like a great solution to me since that particular rage tends to cause the most aggravation in people. Probably best just to remove this particular boss by the sounds of it.

Only really one was OP af when I got it. The other two were not functioning how we thought they would so I fixed the one (whatever the one with the cloak is called), but the other has the aforementioned flamethrower bug. I could remove it if we really want, but that isn't the only option here.

Out of this list, i'd say remove radaghan, pancakes, HHH Jr, Garfield, and sonic.exe. They all are practically never played outside of very rare occurrences, Garfield is constantly memed as being the single worst boss,  and sonic.exe gets a lot of complaints for being very weak (lacking health I think?) and having an annoying rage so neither being fun to play as or against. Dark Vader I've seen played very often but  does suffer from breaking a lot due to the pyro model. I think that has to do with the barrel power up from playpoints so removing that will likely fix it assuming that's the case. Chuck Norris I see maybe not as often but far from as rare as those listed above. Outside of dark vader's model issues, they both are fairly well balanced and functional bosses. The Triceratops is very....wonky. If people would want to remove him for how awkward he seems to operate and his hit boxes supposedly being widely inaccurate I wouldn't be too opposed.

First off, I thought Sewer Medic was memed to be way worse than garfield (pre buff anyways). Sonic.exe's health is now a bit high if anything, I gave him the second life that he was supposed to have.
Personally though, if I am going to increase the cap on bosses (eventually) removing them would seem pointless. Also, replacing as needed when introducing new bosses is very possible.
And yes, the triceratops is so thicc that it can only be shot in the butt.

Edited by mrnutty12 (see edit history)

If by that you mean the playpoints plugin, it's being removed. More info on that can be found here

I would suggest his second option. People like having customization options, so I think something like that would bring people in. 

After typing for about 30 minutes the forums decide to delete all of my saved text when I went to go view page 1... Nice.

I currently have a headache while typing all of this fudge out again, so if I suggest anything that's already been suggested then apologies.

Fujiwara No Mokou

I for one don't want this boss removed as I actually like the character from the Touhou series and I love her theme. The only issue that I know of with this boss is that her Phlogistinator is bugged and only works at point-blank range, if there's a way we can fix this issue than that'd be superb, if not then we may unfortunately have to remove her. There's no point in having a boss on the server that doesn't function correctly. Her rage is extremely underwhelming as it only gives you a Detonator with a couple of shots (Actually just a Flare Gun as you can't detonate the projectile...), and as Caleb said before, the boss is suppose to make you Ubered upon rage which if I remember I think it stated this in the bosses information menu whenever you go play as a boss at the beginning of a round. I'm all down for giving her a buff to her rage, but if we can't fix her Phlogistinator then there's no point, so for now we should be focusing on fixing the boss before buffing her.

Headless Horseless Horsemann Jr. 

I know that no ones plays him, but can we please not remove any of the classic bosses? They're there for a reason, it's like removing Saxton Hale from actual VSH. From what I remember the original bosses were:

• Saxton Hale
  • Headless Horseless Horsemann Jr. 
  • Christian Brutal Sniper.
  • Vagineer
  • Easter Bunny
  • Demopan
  • Ninja Spy
  • Gentle Spy
  • Seeman and Seelder (Not too sure)

For gamemode sake, let's keep the classic bosses as they're, well... Classic.

Bosses to be removed

In my own opinion these are the bosses that I think should be removed, so please don't try to shank me if I suggest one of your favourite bosses! The bosses I've listed below are due to them being underplayed or boring.

• Gaara
  • Handsome Jack
  • Mario 64
  • Pacman
  • Skeleton-Mann
  • Darth Vader
  • Sonic.exe
  • Chuck Norris
  • Goofy
  • Triceratops
  • Terminator
  • Buzz Lightyear
  • Radigan Conagher
  • Cuddly Heavy (Actually worse than Garfield it's shocking)

I could go on and talk about boss nerfs and buffs all day long, but I think it's best if I talked about that some other time as well as in the thread that I made back in April. If anyone here wants to suggest bosses that we could possibly add to the server (As well as music) then check out the thread shown below:

Edited by bagggel (see edit history)

2 hours ago, mrnutty12 said:

I know there is a fix to the cap, but I have to do some shenanigans with the plugin code I think.

6 hours ago, Elcark said:

but also consider the ridiculous number of assets that need to be downloaded to play on the server. If removing some bosses that are hardly used anyways would help to clean that up, I'd be all in favor of doing so.

3 hours ago, mrnutty12 said:

Don't bother, download times are already long as they are. We dont need to add even more bosses

25 minutes ago, virr said:

Don't bother, download times are already long as they are. We dont need to add even more bosses

If we want to reduce downloads, we could delete the loads of bosses whose files exist on the server but are not used...

Just a heads up that in regards to bosses that may or may not be removed, if there any that you want gone or think should be then please express that. The more support to remove any the more likely it will actually happen 

Edited by Elcark (see edit history)