LAN_Megalodon

Remove Cyberpunk 2_2

Remove?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Cyberpunk 2_2?

• no
    • ya

Cyberpunk is an awful map. It's a cramped short hallway with a lot of clipping. There are two sniper towers watching this cramped hallway. Close to 65% of the total map area is unused because nobody leaves this singular hallway. Random spawns make it frustrating to change classes or be able to plan out where you're going to go after you spawn. There's some weird clipping on like bottles and there's a spot you can go to on the bottom of the map that doesn't instantly kill you, meaning you can troll as engineer by placing your teleporter a foot away inside the kill zone. There is music that has no cool-down. Additionally if you do manage to spawn in your actual spawn, at the back of each spawn is a teleport to the disco room that you can easily abuse your spawn protection with. 

All these problems, and also the fact that the newer cyberpunk is basically just the same idea but done better in almost every way are the reasons I give for wanting to remove this map. I'd like to hear anyone's thoughts.

Edited by LAN_Megalodon (see edit history)

Just for further reference, this is the hallway cyberpunk, not the open one.

qkxxppB.jpg

That one!

I'm not opposed to removing this map personally. The gameplay is very close and personal with not a wide space to move in. There are also random-spawns which are considerably annoying and frustrating. All-in-all I don't think this is a very fun map, especially considering we have a huge upgrade (in my opinion) with 2a.

While I do kinda like the map because of how it looks and for some of the songs in the music room, I do ultimately have to agree with getting rid of it. It is just hampered by too many bad design decisions. The random spawns can be kinda irritating, never really liked that as far as map design goes, the map is largely a corridor with not that much area to move around in, and of course, spammable music buttons. This map also isn't even really from anything, to my knowledge, so it doesn't even fit with the gaming theme.

+1

+1 
I really don't like the hallways of the map and I can't say I've heard "Let's go to the hallway cyberpunk" from anyone in a very long time. This is just a personal opinion, though. I don't know who likes the map, but there's a few I'm sure.