Hey! Whats up gamer's! It's ya boy, YeEternalTuna here and this thread is being created in order to create the ULTIMATE COOK (thread) BOOK!

So if you want to talk about a certain recipe for any sort of food item or if you just want to show off any of your creations, this is the thread! When showing off your creations I encourage you to post the steps for the item for anyone else that wants to attempt to create your item or even IMPROVE it.

If you have any questions or suggestions that I should do for the thread, please either DM me on here or add me on Steam!

Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/theultimatebeing/

Edited by YeEternalTuna (see edit history)

I'll start off with an easy one; Guacamole

Ingredients:

4x Ripened Avocado

1/2 Medium Red Onion Diced

2 Small Plum Tomatoes Diced

The Juice of 2-3 Limes

Salt to Taste

Directions:

Halve the Avocados, scooping the contents into a bowl

Slice the Limes in half, juicing them over the Avocados

With a fork or some other utensil, mash the Avocado and combine it with the lime juice

Dice the Onion and Tomato, adding it and mixing to incorperate

Salt to taste

Spaghetti Aglio Olio / Spaghetti with Veggies

Ingredients:

• 1/2 of a medium-small broccoli floret, chopped to bite sized pieces
  • 7-10 Red grape tomatoes, sliced in half
  • 1 Handful of Arugula (If there is no plain arugula available to you like in my grocery store, a 50/50 garden mix works great, it is spinach and arugula. otherwise just spinach.)
  • 1/4 of a cube of butter (unsalted) or 2-3 tablespoons of margarine
  • Pasta (spaghetti noodles work best, linguini 2nd and angel hair 3rd.)
  • White wine, preferably a Chardonnay, a good cheap option is Franzia boxed chardonnay. do not drink this, it tastes like poop when compared to any other wine, use only for cooking. I like this wine to cook with.
  • Salt, Pepper, Chili Flakes
  • Optional: But makes it taste a lot better is minced garlic and shallots, not a lot just enough to sweat in a pan (1/2 tsp each roughly)
  • Optional: Shrimp

Cooking:

1. Blanch your broccoli ahead of time and or immediately before cooking, make sure to get as much of the excess water out as possible.
  2. Heat a pan until it is almost smoking and add oil to your pan
  3. Remove from heat briefly to add chili flakes, garlic, and shallots, then lightly sweat. (5-10 seconds tops)
  4. Return to heat and add broccoli, toss to make sure the garlic and shallots do not burn on the bottom of the pan.
  5. Lightly season with salt and pepper (you will add more later so go very light)
  6. Add your tomatoes and arugula
  7. Deglaze with a splash of white wine, tossing to make sure the arugula and tomatoes are coated, allowing the arugula to wilt slightly.
  8. After the alcohol is cooked off, remove from heat and add your pasta, season with plenty of salt and a little more pepper.
  9. Add butter and toss to coat/melt butter. Do not pre-melt your butter and do not leave flame on, this will break your butter causing the fats to separate and make your pasta taste greasy
  10. Plate and enjoy. It's delicious.

If you choose to add shrimp, sautee your shrimp before you add garlic shallots and broccoli, then add all that at the same time and very quickly sweat those before adding tomatoe, arugula, and wine. You want your shrimp to be 75% cooked when you do this, as the steam from the wine will finish the cooking process.

This is a dish that I regularly cook at the restaurant I work at, and like to make at home. If you dont like salt and think you are putting too much, you are wrong. trust me. you want a generous seasoning of salt. try the pasta as you season it at the end to make sure it tastes "right" the butter and tomatoes really soak up a lot of the salt.

1 hour ago, ProjectXenome said:

Where did you get this recipe?

1 hour ago, Chrono said:

This is a dish that I regularly cook at the restaurant I work at, and like to make at home. If you dont like salt and think you are putting too much, you are wrong. trust me. you want a generous seasoning of salt. try the pasta as you season it at the end to make sure it tastes "right" the butter and tomatoes really soak up a lot of the salt.

22 minutes ago, Chrono said:

I might make this. I've been wanting to try to make more than hamburger helper and frying pork chops. I kinda like cooking, at least when I have everything I need to make a meal but I usually don't have many ideas for meals that have more thought in it. 

This soup is absolutely amazing. It originates from a former high school classmate. She submitted it as part of our cooking class, and as such we all got to walk away with a recipe. She said it comes from her grandmother, who came from Mexico. ?

Caldo de Quedo (soup)

1 cup onion, chopped

3 cloves garlic, minced

2 tbsp vegetable oil

3 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces

1 can diced tomatoes 

2.5 cups water

1.5 cups milk

1 tsp oregano

8 ounces queso freso

1) In a large pot, sauté onions and garlic in oil until soft.

2) Add potatoes, tomatoes, water, and oregano and bring to a boil

3) Reduce heat to a simmer until potatoes are cooked though

4) Add milk, season w/ salt and pepper to taste

5) Crumble up the queso fresco into tiny pieces, stir into the soup 

This is a Sour Cream Cheesecake recipe from my late grandmother.

Crust:

1 cup graham cracker crumbs

1/4 cup oleo, melted

1/4 cup sugar

Mix well and press in bottom of 9-inch springform pan.

Cheesecake:

3 8 ounce packages of cream cheese

1 14 ounce can of Eagle Brand Milk

4 eggs

1 8 ounce container of sour cream

1 tablespoon of vanilla

Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in Eagle Brand, then eggs, then sour cream and vanilla. Pour over crust and bake in the oven preheated to 350 (F) for about 50 to 55 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool, then chill in the refrigerator. Top with a can of cherry or blueberry pie filling.

I already sent this to @YeEternalTuna , but I thought you guys might like to have the recipe as well. If anyone here bakes, you really need to try this out, especially if you like desserts w/ fruit.

Do you guys want more recipes that I make at work? It's an Italian restaurant so it's a lot of pasta, and a fish/steak plate. I can get you marinades we use for shrimp etc too that we cook.

2 hours ago, Chrono said:

Do you guys want more recipes that I make at work? It's an Italian restaurant so it's a lot of pasta, and a fish/steak plate. I can get you marinades we use for shrimp etc too that we cook.

yes please holy poop

14 hours ago, Tatost said:

yes please holy poop

(Linguine) Alla-Vongole

Ingredients:

• Garlic (Minced)
  • Shallots (Minced)
  • White Wine (Chardonnay)
  • Fresh Thyme (1-2 good sized sprigs)
  • Butter
  • 7-10 Fresh Live Clams
  • Parsley (Finely Chopped)
  • Chili Flakes
  • Pasta (Linguine is what we use, but any pasta will do.)

Optional Ingredient:

• Canned, Chopped Clams

Process:

1. Rinse clams to remove dirt/sand then strain
  2. Heat pan on the stove and add oil
  3. Sweat shallots, then garlic and get aromatic
  4. Add Thyme to the pan and let it get aromatic
  5. Add clams to pan of oil and then top with wine (enough to let them all be slightly sitting in wine as it boils out.)
  6. Cover and let steam to open the clams
  7. Add plenty of butter to make a nice buttery sauce [do not melt butter all the way, get it started/warming up] (if adding aditional chopped clams for more clam taste/meat, do so now.)
  8. Add pasta parsley and chili, toss to coat. (plenty of parsley for nice color and taste, be mindful of chili depending on how spicy you want it, chili is always optional.)
  9. Season to taste with salt & pepper

@james8470 @YeEternalTuna

Panko Mix for Chicken Parmesan

Ingredients:

• 1.5 lb Panko bread crumbs (or any other bread crumbs)
  • 1 lb grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 oz minced garlic
  • 1 oz salt
  • pinch pepper
  • sprig oregano fine chopped
  • sprig thyme fine chopped

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until thoroughly mixed and then use in a standard egg wash to bread chicken.

yields 1 gallon of breading mix.

Flour, egg wash, breading
Egg wash: 2 part egg 1 part milk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chunky Marinara

Ingredients:

• 2 Oz Oil
  • 1 Oz Garlic
  • 1 Oz Shallots
  • 0.5 oz salt
  • pinch pepper
  • 1 Pints, 4 Oz Chardonnay
  • 10 Pounds Diced Tomatoes (canned)
  • 4 Pounds Marinara Sauce (any generic store brand marinara sauce)
  • 1 Cups, 3 Oz, Vegetable Stock
  • 1 Ounces Basil Chopped

Process:

• Heat a very large pan or soup pot
  • Add oil, then when hot sweat garlic and shallots for a couple minutes until aromatic.
  • Deglaze with wine and cook off alcohol for roughly 5 minutes.
  • Add canned tomatoes salt and pepper and let simmer to cook out the acidity in tomatoes (roughly 20 minutes)
  • Add marinara sauce to the pot/pan and let get warm.
  • Add vegetable stock and cook for another 20 minutes to marry the flavors together then turn off.
  • Cool down for later, or add basil and use for pasta/serving. Do not add basil to any sauce you will be cooling down.

Yield: 1 gallon of sauce.

Rick Rolls

Vegetarian wraps.

• Lettuce/Spinach/Leafy greens
  • Cherry Tomato
  • Olives (kalamata are the best ones)
  • Cheese (mozzarella, parmesan, feta, swiss or whatever you like)
  • Bell pepper
  • Garlic 
  • Spicy pepper (if you like spicy stuff. Pepperoncini works well)
  • Hot sauce (for spice lovers)
  • Italian dressing/olive oil/ceasar/whatever
    • ONLY PUT A LITTLE ON or you will have a mess
  • Salt + pepper
  • Wrap it all in a tortilla
    • You can use toothpick to hold it together
    • How to wrap a lot of stuff in small tortilla:
      • Put everything to the side of the tortilla, not the middle. 
      • Start on the side with the stuff and scrunch it all in against the edge of the tortilla. Fold the sides in as you start doing this and start rick rolling to the other side, folding the stuff around using the tortilla on the other side. Hopefully this makes sense.

I make this a lot. Simple lunch for vegetarians. Very tasty. Good use of extra ingredients.

$150 and you must credit me to use this recipe  

Bone Apple Tea!

Buffalo Chicken Dip. One of the best things for the least amount of effort that you can make.

• 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot / other cayenne pepper hot sauce (the real vinegary stuff)
  • 1/2 cup ranch
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 2 cups shredded/diced chicken 

Combine everything into a casserole and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Life will be helluva lot easier if you soften your cream cheese in the microwave for ~1 minute.

Serve with   chips, crackers, or if you're me toasted french bread.

20181215_165421.jpg