nuen

Casual 6’s?

I think a majority of players like to play TF2 casually, but Valve wants to push TF2 in a competitive direction. While I’m fine with either, I think a cool idea would be casual 6’s. Obviously this post won’t do anything, but I just want to hear peoples opinions on it.

Edited by nuen (see edit history)

The problem is that it's very likely that people would just constantly off-class and play really silly niche and stupid tactics, whereas 6s is meant to be 2 scouts, 2 soldiers, demo, medic with possible off-classes. If it worked it would be great but I really don't see it happening outside of 3rd party websites.

I meant like unranked 6’s with no rule sets in place (valve comp should have rules, like class number restrictions).

I feel like the only way it would gain any traction at all is through a third party website or if some popular youtuber hosted their own server for it, I don't think there would be enough people that would just hop on a server to play 6s personally.  Which at that point it might as well be comp 6s if it's gonna be coordinated through a website, but its a neat idea.  Valve could probably implement it into the matchmaking system but like Kypari said people probably wouldn't stick to the classic team comp and just go off class the whole time and then they'd probably add a class lock, so you queue as that class.  Which again, probably would make people stop playing relatively quickly after it comes out.  Maybe I'm overthinking this, basically all I'm saying is that it'd be a cool idea but I don't see it going anywhere personally.

Valve comp has no rule sets idk what you mean, that's what makes it casual. There's like no standard enforced so people can run whatever team composition/weapons they want, regardless of whether it's broken or throwing. 

And comp is double scout, double soldier, demo and med traditionally because those classes are the fastest to mid and also having two of scout/soldier doesn't slow the game down to an unbearable point. Every other class limit is one, and you can run them about whenever, (that doesn't mean it's effective though).

I was saying they SHOULD have rule sets, not that they do. I understand why the current meta classes are run, in just saying it’s a shame you can’t run any others, or your at a disadvantage. The point of casual 6’s is to give an entry point into comp.

I agree with Xenome a bit, I would the mode, however, it might not be played often at all. I think this won’t  be that big of a problem, if valve can make the matchmaking quick when it is hypothetically introduced.

Maybe if valve didn't de_stroy my fast gloves heavy could be at midfights and viable to switch out the demo/pocket for, leading to more variety in the mode, but valve listens to b4nny and not me, so that's none of my business...

#ExtremelyNotSalty

2 minutes ago, Moosty said:

Maybe if valve didn't de_stroy my fast gloves heavy could be at midfights and viable to switch out the demo/pocket for, leading to more variety in the mode, but valve listens to b4nny and not me, so that's none of my business...

#ExtremelyNotSalty

pootis to mid is exactly why the gloves were banned in both american and eu leagues lul, what do you think happens when two heavies get to mid?

On 6/3/2018 at 11:06 PM, LAN_Megalodon said:

pootis to mid is exactly why the gloves were banned in both american and eu leagues lul, what do you think happens when two heavies get to mid?

What I think is that both teams should be all heavys, ya goofy boy.

On 6/5/2018 at 5:24 PM, Bluez_ said:

What I think is that both teams should be all heavys, ya goofy boy.

That wouldn't be very fun tbh.