james8470

Scam Warning

*This might be old news for TF2 players and I guess even more so for CS:GO players, as far as I was away for 4 months, but I checked and didn't see a post about it in the TF2 discussion.

There's a new kind of scam that's been spreading like wildfire. Basically, someone randomly adds you over Steam and asks you to "help them out" by visiting a certain website. They will say you can get a $20.00 coupon free to spend. This website masquerades as a sort of Steam Market-like website where you can supposedly buy and sell items for real-world money. This is not a marketplace website. This website will say that you need to deposit $70.00 worth of items before you can use it. 

Naturally, it steals your items. However, it gets worse. The website then says you need to refer people to the website in order to use your coupon and get your items back, which to a scam victim is a $90.00 value they need to secure, and this is why the scam is spreading like wildfire.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have had such scammers add me literally at least once a day. Watch out! Don't even accept random friend requests!

This youtube video explains it well 

Yeah there's many scammers out there kek, I get tons everyday and I'm sure that many others do also. What I usually do though is if your their inventory is private or has nothing or close nothing in it if it's not private and you have not seen them in game then I instantly block them since that's probably the easiest way to find out if they are one. Plus if you ever get a link or any notification about free items or coupons of any sort just never click em and you should be good. But anyway that's just some simple advice for anyone new to trading who need an easy way of identifying scammers