2 hours ago, Nozomi said:

Argues with staff and instigates. Everytime Im on a server with you, you do something that shows your not ready for staff. Your activity is pretty good tho. ?

I don't think it's a matter of argument, tuna has a tendency to heavily push regulations on other staff members and even calls them out on it (nobody else does it out of being instantly shut down by the "staff has final say" rule) when they fail to do so and to be told that you're wrong (especially by someone without power) it makes them feel attacked/offended. Imo he's pretty fit for the position and stays in check with rules even if he can be over the top at times.

+1

Edited by Blizzard (see edit history)

I have known Tuna for quite some time now and I do hate to say it but I believe I will remain neutral for this post. I believe that Tuna has the potential to be staff however there were some occurrences in the past that may have made me think slightly other wise. However if you begin to show some more redeeming qualities I may consider +1ing your application. Just as of now I am not positive that Tuna has the qualities to become a staff member however he is on the brink of breaking those habits and is near to becoming a potential staff member. Best of luck with this application.

+1 I have to be honest, while I am new to xG, I do not know about your history, nor do I think I should look it up. 

From what I have seen from you, you are a nice guy who can get along with others, I have seen you trying to enforce in game rules on the forums and in game, even tried to get to to warn the staff over someone's spray. So I am postive about you being a mod.

+1 I tend to see you come on a lot, well on surf since I don't really go on tgh or any other server that often :P, but from what i see you don't really cause problems.

Everyone on vouching for Tuna is just repeating themselves like "Where's your evidence" and yeah, I agree. There is a major lack of evidence here. However, everyone here has their own personal experience with Tuna and mine consisted of me going on surf and getting verbally attacked and to my knowledge, without a reason. I've only ever seen or heard bad things about Tuna and I think that he's 100% not ready for staff.

I'm aware that these -1 and +1 are almost pointless. But Tuna needs to work on his attitude before getting staff, not when he has staff. Downvote me as you will, but giving Tuna staff now is giving a playground bully power. -1

6 hours ago, Tekage said:

Everyone on vouching for Tuna is just repeating themselves like "Where's your evidence" and yeah, I agree. There is a major lack of evidence here. However, everyone here has their own personal experience with Tuna and mine consisted of me going on surf and getting verbally attacked and to my knowledge, without a reason. I've only ever seen or heard bad things about Tuna and I think that he's 100% not ready for staff.

I'm aware that these -1 and +1 are almost pointless. But Tuna needs to work on his attitude before getting staff, not when he has staff. Downvote me as you will, but giving Tuna staff now is giving a playground bully power. -1

I'm just going to respond to this from top to bottom. (In order from what you wrote)

Yeah something I've notice so far is that people have been -1ing me haven't really been providing any examples.The thing with me ''arguing'' was literally brought up in the thread I made not too long ago, where it literally talks about how staff call my criticism/corrections ''arguing'' and ''instigating'' even though that isn't my goal. If no one provides me with actual examples of any of my recent issues then how am I supposed to improve.

With your personal experience and from what I can remember it was due to the fact that you didn't bother reading some of the rule; the rules you're supposed to enforce and not make up. So I don't ever remember ''verbally attacking'' you for anything personal.

Heard? Like rumors? And also gossip right? Because that's all that circulated from when I was staff and it was the reason why I stepped down because all people could do was slander me. No one ever took the time to talk to me about my issues and simply bullied me out of the staff roster. (At least that's how it felt like)

These -1 and +1 AREN'T pointless because its community input and it's a factor that allows the higher ups to see other opinions on people,  to convince them if they deserve member/staff.  From the two new +1's I've seen are people who have their OWN, GENUINE opinion on me and shows where I currently stand with my overall attitude and behavior imo. 

But something is bothering me... I haven't seen you on the servers at all and this is the first time I've seen you in months so what brings you around these parts of town?

23 minutes ago, YeEternalTuna said:

But something is bothering me... I haven't seen you on the servers at all and this is the first time I've seen you in months so what brings you around these parts of town?

Beats me, I haven't seen him in a while since he's been at his gfs house for a while now

23 minutes ago, YeEternalTuna said:

Yeah something I've notice so far is that people have been -1ing me haven't really been providing any examples.The thing with me ''arguing'' was literally brought up in the thread I made not too long ago, where it literally talks about how staff call my criticism/corrections ''arguing'' and ''instigating'' even though that isn't my goal. If no one provides me with actual examples of any of my recent issues then how am I supposed to improve.

OK then, I'll give you some examples.

1. Bagel slays you and you make passive aggressive comments in the xG general discord instead of contacting a higherup and being civil (excluding nutty, could have been virr?)
  2. Skelly VS Tuna situation
  3. Arguing with me in particular on surf, such as what spawn is classified as (which I admit I was in the wrong too for arguing and have since improved)
  4. g0nLjYU.png passive aggressive statuses
  5. https://youtu.be/9cpFkVa14o0 Arguing with staff on the server/talking over staff (situation was awkward overall but should have been dealt with less hostility. Good for you for bringing it up but I don't like how it was handled at all)

There has also been an attitude problem that a lot of people, new and old, have been mentioning. The thing is, though examples would be preferable, it would be very hard to remember every single slay/mute/gag just to specifically pinpoint where you have been as people have described. Clearly it can't be dismissed as multiple people have to have gotten this vibe from somewhere. I know in my experience you sort of have an issue like maf does where it comes down to being very blunt about rules and can come across as argumentative and rude. Hopefully this clears things up on where you need to improve, but all I've seen so far is just more passive aggression really. Hoping to see a change soon. ^^

Edited by Kypari (see edit history)

1 hour ago, YeEternalTuna said:

With your personal experience and from what I can remember it was due to the fact that you didn't bother reading some of the rule; the rules you're supposed to enforce and not make up. So I don't ever remember ''verbally attacking'' you for anything personal.

For one that's not what happened at all. I just remember coming on and minding my own business when you started saying petty comments and malicious things. I have no idea what you're talking about me not bothering to read some of the rules; seems to me like you're making up situations in your head but heyho.

For why I'm here right now it's because sometimes I like to just see how things are going on the forums and seeing this thread pop up made me think I should leave my 2 cents here before staff make a horrible decision or a great decision of giving you staff.

If you truly have changed, then good luck. However, all of my past experiences with you have been negative, making me feel uncomfortable when you are on servers.

14 minutes ago, Kypari said:

1. Bagel slays you and you make passive aggressive comments in the xG general discord instead of contacting a higherup and being civil (excluding nutty, could have been virr?)

I agree with you on this one because I was really upset on the fact that I was slayed without a warning and should've dealt with that better

17 minutes ago, Kypari said:

2.Skelly VS Tuna situation

That was over a year ago. He had some real issues with me and he was absolutely obsessed with getting me demoted, going as so far as to try and provoke me to use it as ''evidence''. Bello eventually had to step between us because he did not want to stop bothering me and we had agreed on a truce but he continued either way. He berated me and slandered me so lets please drop this already because this is old poop that I'd rather not have to continue.

27 minutes ago, Kypari said:

3.Arguing with me in particular on surf, such as what spawn is classified as (which I admit I was in the wrong too for arguing and have since improved)

You talked to me in a condescending tone and I didn't particularly enjoy that so of course I was going to be upset. Recently we had a problem with that spawn issue on the very same map where staff had told me that it was not part of spawn so that whole argument was really silly.

30 minutes ago, Kypari said:

4.g0nLjYU.png passive aggressive statuses

This was right after the demo spam thread and it looked like you guys had literally dismissed all of the -1s that were there and I didn't like the end result of that thread and thought it was super ridiculous.

32 minutes ago, Kypari said:

5.https://youtu.be/9cpFkVa14o0 Arguing with staff on the server/talking over staff (situation was awkward overall but should have been dealt with less hostility. Good for you for bringing it up but I don't like how it was handled at all)

It wouldn't have to had turned into an argument if the staff's logic in that situation wasn't so poor. I admit that it could've been dealt with better than it was but I also think the staff member in question could've also done the same. Also I only had commented once when he was talking so I don't see how that could've been too much of a problem, its not like I was talking over them with the intent to disrupt.

Some of these points are already done and dealt with (2 and 3) while the rest are recent and are actually good examples and I thank you for pointing them out to me. The passive aggressiveness is a product of me bottling up my anger and frustrations (which come from xG specifically) and I'm not talking about it on the forums so if you really want to talk to me to sort things out then just pm me in discord or set up a time where we can converse in the xG vc. I wish people would just stop clinging to the past so much because its starting to actually make me upset because I'm trying to improve but oh well ?‍♀️

15 minutes ago, YeEternalTuna said:

I wish people would just stop clinging to the past so much because its starting to actually make me upset because I'm trying to improve but oh well ?‍♀️

That statement is hypocritical, I've seen you say the same thing in multiple threads, but you want to convince me that you don't look at my past whenever I come up, that's just ridiculous. So far I haven't seen but bad behavior and nothing has improved at all, at first I was hesitant thinking to change it, but after the thing on FF2 happened and how you reacted to it, trying to stir drama on Discord since you couldn't on the server, that's when I realized I shouldn't change my vouch.

Edited by Caribou
Bagel is fat (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, YeEternalTuna said:

That was over a year ago. He had some real issues with me and he was absolutely obsessed with getting me demoted, going as so far as to try and provoke me to use it as ''evidence''. Bello eventually had to step between us because he did not want to stop bothering me and we had agreed on a truce but he continued either way. He berated me and slandered me so lets please drop this already because this is old poop that I'd rather not have to continue.

You talked to me in a condescending tone and I didn't particularly enjoy that so of course I was going to be upset. Recently we had a problem with that spawn issue on the very same map where staff had told me that it was not part of spawn so that whole argument was really silly. 

Some of these points are already done and dealt with (2 and 3)

Yeah, just stating things that have definitely tilted my opinion since yeah of course people change but if there are hints of what happened in the past still here today, it shouldn't be dismissed unfortunately. You definitely dealt with Skelly VS Tuna well, so that's a good thing to come from that frustrating ordeal >.> In regards to the other thing about surf spawns I agree with you now! ^^

5 minutes ago, YeEternalTuna said:

This was right after the demo spam thread and it looked like you guys had literally dismissed all of the -1s that were there and I didn't like the end result of that thread and thought it was super ridiculous. 

Unfortunately it still does look bad. We didn't negate what people thought, it definitely went into mind, but we felt that the best option was to just disable it solely for charging since we can't negate the people who do find it annoying for the people that do find it fun, especially since it's such a pointless feature (though it was very funny). I know exactly how you feel about when you want something to go your way; it doesn't and then you get really angry with the overall decision and you want to complain to someone and make snarky comments (literally me over a year ago). It's completely understandable and I know exactly how you feel, but unfortunately you just have to respect the decision made, maybe rant a bit to your friends if you need to, but making public and passive aggressive statements just make you look immature ?

16 minutes ago, YeEternalTuna said:

It wouldn't have to had turned into an argument if the staff's logic in that situation wasn't so poor. I admit that it could've been dealt with better than it was but I also think the staff member in question could've also done the same. Also I only had commented once when he was talking so I don't see how that could've been too much of a problem, its not like I was talking over them with the intent to disrupt. 

I can personally see where Krampus was coming from but I can also see where you were coming from and I'm glad we have adjusted to be more fitting towards your side. Regardless, this is mostly about you, and even then it's probably a smaller thing than the others

17 minutes ago, YeEternalTuna said:

Some of these points are already done and dealt with (2 and 3) while the rest are recent and are actually good examples and I thank you for pointing them out to me. The passive aggressiveness is a product of me bottling up my anger and frustrations (which come from xG specifically) and I'm not talking about it on the forums so if you really want to talk to me to sort things out then just pm me in discord or set up a time where we can converse in the xG vc. I wish people would just stop clinging to the past so much because its starting to actually make me upset because I'm trying to improve but oh well ?‍♀️

It's nice to see that you are putting the effort in, and trust me, I have seen it. It's a pleasure to talk with you on discord when you talk about your baking or just normal chatting!

On the contrary however, I know how frustrating it can be because I was in a similar situation to you for a very long time a bit ago, but as long as you keep the hostility up, however much you improve does often get overshadowed by the negatives sadly, no matter how hard you try. Keep on improving and try to be less hostile overall and I'm sure you will really shine

I haven't ever really had any negative interactions with tuna. I know skelly didn't get along with you the best, but from my personal experience I don't really have much of a reason to think that you shouldn't be staff. 

Albeit I don't play much on surf and think most of the rules on that server (if any) are stupid and overly complicated, my prior experiences with tuna on pokemon and tgh, from what I remember, have not been negative ones.

I personally have no real objection, so +1. 

Throwing myself back in here for no reason, 90% of my interactions with Tuna have been positive. I used to only think about the negative times, but as I've been paying more attention Im realizing that the negative interactions have almost always not been caused by him, but by a situation in xG that got him mad, and to me this shows that he has passion for xG, which is always something you want to look for in a staff member imo. He gets mad when something goes wrong or the community starts slipping, and that leads to him trying to take action (which is perfect for staff).

Edited by FrostyBoiGrim (see edit history)

Just gonna say that it was me who kind of fudgeed up the Skelly vs Tuna conflict. I added him on steam and asked him to apologize to Tuna, but he was dead set on "ruining his life."

If anyone is curious about the situation with Skelly and Tuna, I believe someone (giraffes maybe?) leaked my PMs with Skelly in his goodbye thread which also has a great deal of information on the subject there. (again, please note that this was quite a long time ago)

Edit this section out if needed, I just thought I would shed some light.

On 7/14/2018 at 3:09 PM, Caribou said:

you want to convince me that you don't look at my past whenever I come up, that's just ridiculous.

uh

You still say some passive aggressive poop here and there, I don't really find it that odd that Tuna doesn't blow kisses at you. I don't really have any examples on hand, but I've witnessed a few first-hand. It seems to me that you may be the one who is stuck in your past. We're cool and all, but there are some things that you need to work on yourself still.

People may be cocky and rude sometimes, but that doesn't mean you should mirror them.

On 7/14/2018 at 3:09 PM, Caribou said:

after the thing on FF2 happened and how you reacted to it, trying to stir drama on Discord since you couldn't on the server

Usually, at least when I was staff (and I'm somewhat sure that people still do), a warning would be given before the slay. Tuna thought he deserved a warning and was genuinely upset that he didn't get one. I'll give you this, the situation could have been handled a lot better.