Changing my vote to neutral

Imo what he has done by far shows a huge amount of maturity and actually shows that no false ego or vendetta is in the way, depending on my further interactions, if there is change, I'll gladly +1

19 hours ago, FrostyBoiGrim said:

Throwing myself back in here for no reason, 90% of my interactions with Tuna have been positive. I used to only think about the negative times, but as I've been paying more attention Im realizing that the negative interactions have almost always not been caused by him, but by a situation in xG that got him mad, and to me this shows that he has passion for xG, which is always something you want to look for in a staff member imo. He gets mad when something goes wrong or the community starts slipping, and that leads to him trying to take action (which is perfect for staff).

You can get annoyed about a situation, but at the end of the day, it's how you handle that annoyance which proves that you are a good staff member.

After a few nights sleep, I think that really the best option here would be to possibly give Tuna another chance. Give him PM and see what happens; I see no harm in that. Who knows; maybe giving Tuna staff could be the best decision the higherups could ever make for TF2.

I apologise @YeEternalTuna if I have offended you or if anything I have said in this thread has been out of line in any way.

+1 for PM

52 minutes ago, Tekage said:

You can get annoyed about a situation, but at the end of the day, it's how you handle that annoyance which proves that you are a good staff member.

After a few nights sleep, I think that really the best option here would be to possibly give Tuna another chance. Give him PM and see what happens; I see no harm in that. Who knows; maybe giving Tuna staff could be the best decision the higherups could ever make for TF2.

I apologise @YeEternalTuna if I have offended you or if anything I have said in this thread has been out of line in any way.

+1 for PM

PM is specifically for those who have abused, which is why we give them less commands. It would likely just be straight up mod.

15 hours ago, Kypari said:

PM is specifically for those who have abused, which is why we give them less commands. It would likely just be straight up mod.

To elaborate on this it isn't specific to abuse, but anything that would create concern revolving around a staff members usage of powers. Regardless, it isn't something that should be relevant to tuna.

Also here are my own thoughts for trying to play on more servers. Of course it should not be viewed as a requirement by any measure, but the benefits of it shouldn't be dismissed either.

It's very similar to how teamspeak used to be treated for staff and there's two main aspects to it. First of all it simply looks favorably for you and speaks directly for your dedication and willingness to help out. Perhaps more directly than that is the publicity it gives you. It makes you more likely to be noticed as you're going around trying to show everyone what makes you qualified for staff and stand out as such. @Tatost and I talked earlier about higher ups watching people for this reason (which has always been done even for people who don't know they're being considered for staff) but it's even more important for you to go out and try to be noticed in the first place when applying. The more effort you personally put in the stronger you build your chances.

In simpler terms, playing on other servers is not a requirement for getting staff, but it should be obvious that it is highly encouraged.

Tuna will not receive staff at this time.

Before everyone loses their poop, that last part is important. You are not being denied the entire opportunity to become staff, but aren't receiving it here and now. We figured it best to give a definitive answer after all this time instead of leaving this open and making it assumed it is being ignored. Beyond giving that answer, this does not change much since even without an open application it is still very clear you desire staff and have every opportunity to continue to work towards it. As a personal note, as part of turning over a new leaf then perhaps we can start fresher on this here as well.

-Closed