tree_

Something's wrong with my mac...

I sometimes run into this problem where I can't join community servers because the game says the map is missing. I've tried a multitude of things including downloading the maps from the internet but nothing seems to work. I'd appreciate some suggestions on what y'all think I should try next. Thanks.

1439646398_xgthingy.thumb.png.d25b7a5d2de0d3d2beeecd7d26a12d92.png

30 minutes ago, virr said:

not sure if its different on mac compared to windows but you can usually solve it by deleting the map in your maps folder and then download it again

You can also download the map off of gamebanana or something and put it in your maps folder.

Should be in your steam folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2

(this is just my path, you may have placed your steam folder somewhere else)

If you can't find this, right click TF2 in your library, go to properties, then local files, browse local files, open the folder named "tf," then open maps.

Edited by Tatost (see edit history)

@Tatost gave a good guide on how to fix this, but there's an alternate method of locating your download folder and then going to the maps inside that.

The default full path should be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\download\maps

Find the map in the folder and then delete it. The next time you join it should download it properly.

Just now, grap_grop said:

@Tatost gave a good guide on how to fix this, but there's an alternate method of locating your download folder and then going to the maps inside that.

The default full path should be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\download\maps

Find the map in the folder and then delete it. The next time you join it should download it properly.

(expanding on what @virr said)

Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/tf/download/maps

Or right click on Team Fortress 2 in steam and go to Properties > Local Files > Browse Local Files then follow the path from 'tf'

2 minutes ago, TheSupremePatriot said:

Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/tf/download/maps

I'm assuming this is the Mac path?