Kypari

So we have a free server...

Anyone remember that highlander event that never happened? Well we still have a server set up for it, which I think would be neat to change into something. Suggestions would be great, but here's a few ideas I had:

• BHOP
  • Skill Surf (no fighting-based surf, not to be confused with combat surf which is what we currently only have)
  • Dodgeball
  • MGE

I would be happy to have any of these, but am definitely open to suggestions. Would like to make a poll in the future but for now this will just be a thread for suggestions.

Okay so, the dodgeball plugin we had was complete butt. Dodgeball should be out of the question unless you can get a plugin on par with the Disc-FF server.

BHOP in TF2 is kind of stupid imo.

Skill Surf and MGE are my top two picks, but if we get an MGE server it's not going to be any different than any of the other hundreds that are already out there.

I like most of those game modes but tbh I think mge has the largest potential since they are pretty easy to populate and attract people without needing to go on, while stuff like surf and bhop get overshadowed from our combat surf server and wouldn't get as many people imo

I think everything listed is a great idea, but my number one has to be skill surf because our combat server gets boring. We play the same maps over and over and some people want to play new linear maps. I also think that skill surf would get the most attention out of the options listed.

MGE would be pretty dope. But you guys remember that stock rotation server we said we would use but never did? Me too...

31 minutes ago, TBOHB said:

MGE would be pretty dope. But you guys remember that stock rotation server we said we would use but never did? Me too...

It's being worked on. It's out of my hands personally, and this is just for ideas for a future server. We have a lot on our minds at the moment including FF2 and fixing JB, but I hope soon that it will be completed.

1 hour ago, TBOHB said:

There are other more pressing things to be worked out right now like Kypari mentioned. Due to the minimal support for it last time it was brought up (https://xenogamers.com/forums/topic/23005-objective-server-requests/) it became a pretty low priority compared to other projects. 

It's right now one of the three main things being worked on (again, low priority) but there's no harm in getting ideas for another server setup in the meantime, especially if that server gets more feedback and support.

@Elcark What happened to the Objective server? Did you guys just scrap it or something cause I was kinda excited for it but then no one talked about it ever again. I'm curious on if we are ever going to do it on the empty server or not. 

8 minutes ago, Miyukii said:

@Elcark What happened to the Objective server? Did you guys just scrap it or something cause I was kinda excited for it but then no one talked about it ever again. I'm curious on if we are ever going to do it on the empty server or not. 

Yeah I would like to see the objective server happen first personally, so if that was scrapped I think we should vote on making this empty space into that with priority instead of a alt game mode server

Edited by Johny3Tears (see edit history)