Kypari

So we have a free server...

29 minutes ago, Johny3Tears said:

Yeah I would like to see the objective server happen first personally, so if that was scrapped I think we should vote on making this empty space into that with priority instead of a alt game mode server

This is for ideas as I've said. No one is scrapping the objective server and we are currently working on it.

@Miyukii @Johny3Tears I had just answered this in that post.

-The objective server will be done. 
-It's at the bottom of the current projects due to lack of interest.
-This thread is just to gauge interest from people early on. It doesn't even guarantee anything is going to be set up

A few suggestions I have (in terms of personal preference and probable highest-to-lowest player population & enjoyment):

1. MGE or 6's/Highlander server (this is mostly for us to play scheduled xG 6's or highlander games on our own).

2. Soldier/Demoman jump maps.

3. Slender Fortress.

4. Ultiduo or BBall.

Something to keep in mind, however, is that the first two options would assume that said gamemodes would be removed from the GameMode Rotation server, since they would be added to a completely new server anyway.

Edited by Wave420_ (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Wave420_ said:

1. MGE or 6's/Highlander server (this is mostly for us to play scheduled xG 6's or highlander games on our own).

3. Slender Fortress.

We've had 1 and 3 before! Slender Fortress is fun, but people tend to play FF2/VSH more than Slender Fortress that I've seen over the time we had it. People change over time so maybe bringing it back wouldn't be a bad idea!

We currently DO have a Highlander server from back when we use to have a team. Its just locked since its only used for scrims/games! Feel free to try to put together a team and you'd be welcome to use it!

-----

I think we should try to find a GM that most other servers DON'T have! That may cause us to dig a little, but its always fun to find new stuff~

-----

My suggestions: (Disclaimer, These videos are old)

(Ironically) A strange farming server:

A lot of people are always looking for some kind of these servers, So there'd always be some kind of population. Usually, players trade scrap for time and kinda just, do the do. I've been on a few of these kind of servers and people never seem to cause a problem. But of course, we have !calladmin if anything does happen. We should have ad for !servers pop up more often on this server! If we're looking for a new population, I think a server like this wouldn't be too bad lol

-----

Basketball:

I dont /THINK/ we've had this kind of server before. A lot of our players like rocket jumping and the challenge, So I think introducing this kind of server for at least a test run wouldn't be a bad idea! 

-----

FortWars!

I've never seen a game mode like this before! This sounds like a super fun creative GM that people can have fun on for hours! I would also suggest maybe setting up a test server for this!

-----

Sandbox!

People like to RP on TGH a lot, So I think a GM like this wouldn't hurt! 

xG needs some things that are new too us, honestly. People probably only know us for JB/TGH, so bringing in a GM never seen on our servers would be a great start! 

4 hours ago, Nozomi said:

xG needs some things that are new too us, honestly. People probably only know us for JB/TGH, so bringing in a GM never seen on our servers would be a great start! 

and not surf? smh

The issue with running a really niche kind of gamemode is that you only attract a niche audience if any at all. While B-Ball is a cool gamemode there's not really reason to run it when some mge modes just have bball as an arena, so you simultaneously are attracting people who want to play bball and people who just want to mge. I think the idea of having the server be some kind of specific new gamemode, while commendable, is a bit of wishful thinking when we basically need daily callouts to keep ff2 populated, and when even the rotation server was on mge it was hardly visited.

Edited by LAN_Megalodon (see edit history)

19 hours ago, Nozomi said:

Basketball:

I dont /THINK/ we've had this kind of server before. A lot of our players like rocket jumping and the challenge, So I think introducing this kind of server for at least a test run wouldn't be a bad idea! 

Basketball is actually an arena in MGE if you didn't know. There are plenty of special arenas, this includes Endif (air shots), ammo mod, and some other one. Someone can actually find a list if they want, but I'm one, too lazy, and two very limited on internet usage right now.

42 minutes ago, Brady1780 said:

TF2 OMEGALUL

We have hats and you have knives, but we have those as well.

Can the "future" be now? Pretty sure everyone who's seen the thread has made up their mind about what they want, so the poll would be nice : )

I would also be down for a sandbox server. I played on a server that has sandbox running and its a lot of fun. Call GMod as much as you want, but its in TF2 and its pretty cool.