Miguel

What are some of the worst nerfs?

I would say the short circuit for ff2, but worst nerf overall goes to the Ambassador, it really bad now compared to it's old stats, the the headshot damage from a far seems so bad, it doesn't really do much difference because you're normally up close to do the damage anyway, I haven't seen one person on casual use the ambassador from a far place, because that's just snipers job.

7 hours ago, mrnutty12 said:

What?

The Brass Beast was a garbage gun to begin with and it got the resist added (which admittedly later slightly nerfed) to let it tank a bit more. not really any debilitating nerfs.
The Buffalo Steak's only nerfs were fixing bugs pertaining to stats not doing what they were supposed to. And even on that count, it was buffed way more than those fixes.
The Warrior's Spirit really isn't too different, It has always been a pretty crap melee. The only difference now is that instead of losing 20 hp passively you have a sizeable damage vulnerability while they are out. Otherwise it really didn't change too much (besides getting a heal mechanic along the way). The weapon, much like the rest of the set, is just naturally complete trash. It didn't get nerfed in any significant ways...

I know that the weapons were already bad enough but what I meant was valve just making the weapons worse even when they were bad to begin with little extra nerfs to the already bad weapons, as you can see all of these were just minor nerfs on already bad weapons, didn't mean to imply that these were huge nerfs, just nerfs that didn't make sense to do on an already bad weapon, however if we are talking worse nerf in history, I would be stuck between soda popper, bfb, and the ambassador because of the changes done to them they all were made much harder to use.

• 20% damage resistance now only applies when spun up and below 50% max health.
  • Fixed "damage taken" multiplier accidentally being +10%, instead of the listed +25%.
  • Damage received and dealt increased by 30%.

Damage Resistance is a bad concept anyway I'm not surprised they nuked it. 

The soda popper's nerf was 100% justified and even now after the nerf it's still situationally better than scattergun. 

The dead ringer nerf is one I'm kind of 50/50 on. They completely reworked it during gunmettle and I thought that the reworked version was more manageable than the previous while not being awful. But then they basically just re added all the damage resistance it had in a later update in addition to fire resistance and whatnot, which was a real head scratcher. I feel like people who complain about the dead ringer are excessively whiney and don't realize that it's the only equip that makes spy viable full time in pubs/highlander, because it allows him to get a kill and not instantly die for doing what every other class can. It's comparable to what the gunslinger does for engie. But at the same time, speed and damage resistance/health are two things you should never combo. Wish they fixed one of those aspects rather than ammo.

Edited by LAN_Megalodon (see edit history)