Nyxll

remove trade_Rainbow_palace_v1b

Remove map?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Remove map?

• Yes
    • No

The map is small is easy to navigate through, while that is the case, It is possible to jump, fall, and pushed off of the map that is not affected by a death barrier that is supposed to kill you, but a teleport zone that is supposed to teleport you to the top of the map in a random area that can put you in a freefall for minutes at a time. Most platforms are very thin and you can be pushed off of spawn by a pyro that would put you in a freefall. That could leave you to manually kill yourself in the console, something that not a lot of players even know how to do.

440_screenshots_20180711133402_1.jpg

440_screenshots_20180711133413_1.jpg

440_screenshots_20180711133435_1.jpg

440_screenshots_20180711133448_1.jpg

Literally got stuck for 5 minutes freefalling. If a map has a bug like this, that of which is so common to happen, it's clearly not worth having it on the rotation. Yes I did strafe, I was there, I was talking about it on the server for a good 5 minutes. Of course you can just type "kill" in console or change classes, but we have to consider the less experienced people firstly who don't know how to escape these situations, and secondly we need to reconsider we have map that forces you to kill yourself so often. Map is poop and unfun regardless of this glaring problem. +1

I've never seen anyone get stuck or experience getting stuck and I stay on this map nearly every time it's rtv'd to, that's not me saying that kypari is wrong, that's just me saying with only anecdotal evidence we have no way to figure out what the problem is if there actually is one, whether it's a problem with the map or a weapon or etc.  

otherwise this:

As a side note I tried falling all around the map and I did not find any places where I got stuck. Obviously it's impossible for me to cover every square inch of a map but I checked the corners especially pretty thoroughly. 

Finally, I quite like this map. The low grav and infini-fall kind of makes it feel like the smash mod, except not really because you can still just kill people without a hazard. Still though.

32 minutes ago, LAN_Megalodon said:

I've never seen anyone get stuck or experience getting stuck and I stay on this map nearly every time it's rtv'd to, that's not me saying that kypari is wrong, that's just me saying with only anecdotal evidence we have no way to figure out what the problem is if there actually is one, whether it's a problem with the map or a weapon or etc.  

otherwise this:

As a side note I tried falling all around the map and I did not find any places where I got stuck. Obviously it's impossible for me to cover every square inch of a map but I checked the corners especially pretty thoroughly. 

Finally, I quite like this map. The low grav and infini-fall kind of makes it feel like the smash mod, except not really because you can still just kill people without a hazard. Still though.

I am not talking about the experience @kypari had, but the experiences I had. in fact I am willing to say that the experience here is worse than the old "Echidna shrine" from a few years ago when Red pyros camp the Blu spawn with airblasts. But pyros could do that to each other and some people can get trapped in the same consistent loop.

Also, I hate to change the subject but what Hud is that? I hate myself.

18 minutes ago, Nyxll said:

Also, I hate to change the subject but what Hud is that? I hate myself.

BWHud

https://huds.tf/forum/showthread.php?tid=224 

I've manually removed hud_playerclass icon and enabled a custom crosshair though. If you want to know how to do either of those raysfire has a good series of videos on editing huds.

Edited by LAN_Megalodon (see edit history)

10 hours ago, LAN_Megalodon said:

otherwise this:

I actually have a demo, and I've found out I was airblasted, though that shouldn't mean any less because you often see pyros on that map trying to airblast you off the edge.

People probably still won't change their minds though *shrug*

3 hours ago, Kypari said:

I actually have a demo, and I've found out I was airblasted, though that shouldn't mean any less because you often see pyros on that map trying to airblast you off the edge.

People probably still won't change their minds though *shrug*

Thought you said you were strafing... it looks like you're just holding W.

1 hour ago, Kypari said:

Nope.

what

I guess holding W would be the closest to what new players would do, but you're definitely holding W. You're not strafing at all, if you were I would see you moving your mouse left and right (while hitting A & D) to gain momentum. You're making it look harder than it really is.

22 hours ago, Kypari said:

Yes I did strafe

image.png.dd994a816eac1d4227c21e42e53bac1d.png

10 minutes ago, Tatost said:

what

I guess holding W would be the closest to what new players would do, but you're definitely holding W. You're not strafing at all, if you were I would see you moving your mouse left and right (while hitting A & D) to gain momentum. You're making it look harder than it really is.

image.png.dd994a816eac1d4227c21e42e53bac1d.png

I did both?

22 minutes ago, Tatost said:

Why? It's slower when you hold W while strafing. Do you do this on surf?

This video might help explain it, as I'm not very good at explaining stuff over text.

I said I did BOTH. I know how to airstrafe. A and D. I did both.

36 minutes ago, Kypari said:

I said I did BOTH. I know how to airstrafe. A and D. I did both.

I don't want to be contrarian but air-strafing withing normal tf2 requires you to also move your mouse in the direction of your "a" and "d" presses. It doesn't really look like you're doing this (at least in the video). Other than that we can't really tell what keys you're pressing so I won't pull a tatost and say you're holding w. I don't know if surf or cs handles air control differently where you don't need to move your mouse like that.

23 minutes ago, LAN_Megalodon said:

I don't want to be contrarian but air-strafing withing normal tf2 requires you to also move your mouse in the direction of your "a" and "d" presses. It doesn't really look like you're doing this (at least in the video). Other than that we can't really tell what keys you're pressing so I won't pull a tatost and say you're holding w. I don't know if surf or cs handles air control differently where you don't need to move your mouse like that.

I know what I did djhgfidsnhgjkdfsngioksfdjgiojrsdf

1 hour ago, LAN_Megalodon said:

Surf physics differences are mostly just how much speed you generate from airstrafing in general, otherwise it functions fairly similarly to normal movement (excepting enabled bhopping). Holding w would be a little more effective on surf than normal, but it wouldn't make THAT much of a difference.  Though if anything, moving your mouse as mentioned should give you even more speed on surf.