tree_

What type of headphones do you use?

Question

AKG K553 Pro. Extremely comfortable, sound great, especially with even a low-end DAC+Amp (using this right now, it's got a lot more expensive since I got it). Also am using these pads which are also awesome

I used to use a pair of K240s, but they let too much sound in for living in a noisy apartment

Edited by Lithium (see edit history)

12 hours ago, tree_ said:

Audio Technica Audiophile ATH-AD2000X Open-Air Headset

Hey i have these but the lower end AD700X, which are currently priced at around $100 on amazon right now. I'm on my third year of using them and have literally no complaints other than the head ear thingies can be a bit awkward after long use. Thumbs up!

20 minutes ago, virr said:

Hey i have these but the lower end AD700X, which are currently priced at around $100 on amazon right now. I'm on my third year of using them and have literally no complaints other than the head ear thingies can be a bit awkward after long use. Thumbs up!

That's cool. I think the pair I have fix the problem of the earpads being awkward with them being the higher price. Because there have been multiple occasions where I have played games all day for around 14 hours straight and I never had to take them off. Awesome to hear so everyone's input though!

24 minutes ago, TBOHB said:

Corsair Void Pro RGB Fight me

I know come may say I'm not creative, but I enjoy them. Better than my old ones in terms of comfort and audio, but mic quality dropped because they are wireless, but i like them and thats all that matters ?

I've never used those before! I'll have to try them out!

Razer Kraken - absolutely terrible, feels like butt on your head, bad mic, overpriced

Logitech Gsomething - square headphones are a mistake, they're fudgeing terrible, surround sound was buns, mic didn't even work, should cost less

Plantronics RIG 500 HD - most comfortable headset I've ever worn, amazing price for quality, mic was good but if touched made annoying sounds, left side of headphones stop working right as the warranty ended

HyperX Cloud II (current headset) - it's great, amazing mic, good price, decently confortable but gets slightly uncomfortable after a while, it presses on your ears well but since i have metal glasses i've gotten cuts behind my ears

58 minutes ago, Dannypicacho said:

Razer Kraken - absolutely terrible, feels like butt on your head, bad mic, overpriced

Logitech Gsomething - square headphones are a mistake, they're fudgeing terrible, surround sound was buns, mic didn't even work, should cost less

Plantronics RIG 500 HD - most comfortable headset I've ever worn, amazing price for quality, mic was good but if touched made annoying sounds, left side of headphones stop working right as the warranty ended

HyperX Cloud II (current headset) - it's great, amazing mic, good price, decently confortable but gets slightly uncomfortable after a while, it presses on your ears well but since i have metal glasses i've gotten cuts behind my ears

I used the Kraken 7.1 v2 a few months ago and I thought it was decent. The sound and all is good but not really for listening to music and I like to do that when playing TF2 that why I bought my current pair. The mic is decent I guess. Every time I've used it people never said anything negative. Maybe you just got a bad batch.

I've never tried that Logitech. I'll have to go to my local BestBuy and give it a try if the Logitech Gsomething even exists lol.

You're right with the Plantronics being super comfortable. I have like no complaints about that one at all. I never got any problems with mine. Come to think of it, every Plantronics I've ever had is super comfortable lol.

HyperX Cloud II. I've never used that either. I'll look into it though.

54 minutes ago, Brady1780 said:

Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 

Most comfortable things on planet earth.

I could wear these all day.

Sounds amazing and mic is good

Sound quality is good for FPS games but not really for listening to music. Mic is also good from the feedback I got when using it.

Currently using Corsair HS50

The detachable mic isn't my favorite. I should have gone with one that retracts, or maybe even a nice external mic. It's not rare for me to hear a crackling sound in my right ear, it seems like it damages quickly even while being used with caution (not throwing it, dropping it, etc.)

Looking for a new headset if anyone can give me tips other than Razer items, that'd be nice. I dislike RGB headsets because they're over the top, and I'd like the cushions on the ears to be circular and not triangles or squares, that looks disgusting.

45 minutes ago, tree_ said:

but not really for listening to music

I disagree completely. The base on these is pretty good and quality for music is really good in my onion

2 hours ago, Brady1780 said:

I disagree completely. The base on these is pretty good and quality for music is really good in my onion

Maybe mine aren't a good batch or something, but idk. It was fine for fps games but not music. Might be just me. Not sure though. I'll have to look into it.

2 hours ago, Brady1780 said:

It’s especially great in movies, I have mine on full bass boost.

If you want to hear crap quality from a Kraken though, turn on the voice clarity feature (it’s terrible) and is pretty much the only flop of the Razer Kraken. The ear cushions I wouldn’t say are the best but they are still quite comfortable and I wouldn’t consider that a deal breaker or a flop.

Edited by TheSupremePatriot (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Tatost said:

Currently using Corsair HS50

The detachable mic isn't my favorite. I should have gone with one that retracts, or maybe even a nice external mic. It's not rare for me to hear a crackling sound in my right ear, it seems like it damages quickly even while being used with caution (not throwing it, dropping it, etc.)

Looking for a new headset if anyone can give me tips other than Razer items, that'd be nice. I dislike RGB headsets because they're over the top, and I'd like the cushions on the ears to be circular and not triangles or squares, that looks disgusting.

Danny says the HyperX Cloud II are a good headset. Looking at it now, it seems to be priced around $100. And reviews are all saying it's superb as well. Along with that is the Audio Technica I mentioned. They're a bit pricy at around $500, but they really are the best in that price range from what I've tested. Also from all my time with the Technica, (two years ish) I've had absolutely zero problems with it and it shows no signs of wearing down. I highly recommend it if you have the extra change.

2 hours ago, Lithium said:

AKG K553 Pro. Extremely comfortable, sound great, especially with even a low-end DAC+Amp (using this right now, it's got a lot more expensive since I got it). Also am using these pads which are also awesome

I'll have to give it a go!

Edited by tree_ (see edit history)

Corsair Void Pro RGB Fight me

I know come may say I'm not creative, but I enjoy them. Better than my old ones in terms of comfort and audio, but mic quality dropped because they are wireless, but i like them and thats all that matters ?

33 minutes ago, Johny3Tears said:

@Brady1780 wtf are you talking about? your mic is terrible

lol maybe his is worn out. When I used that headset I never had any complaints from people saying my mic was bad.