tree_

What type of headphones do you use?

Question

36 minutes ago, Segal said:

I use Sennheiser HD650 running through a Schiit Modi 2 Uber DAC and Schiit Magni 3 Amp

One of my good friends uses those Sennheisers for his music mixing. I've listened to music through them once and I wanted to get them but they're a bit pricey. Sounds like a good setup though!

I got a pair of Astro A10s.

Previously I used Turtle Beach Stealth 600s.

The issue I had with the 600s were that they had quite an audio issue from time to time, as in it cut out completely, besides that, they were fairly useful. Soundproof, had multiple audio settings, bass boost, vocal boost, treble boost, bass/treble boost, etc. Comfy too.

However, the Astro's I had picked up the other day are a lot louder, in the case of treble, bass, vocal, all. Great for music too. The mic quality is, in my opinion, top notch.

10 minutes ago, Arnude said:

I got a pair of Astro A10s.

Previously I used Turtle Beach Stealth 600s.

The issue I had with the 600s were that they had quite an audio issue from time to time, as in it cut out completely, besides that, they were fairly useful. Soundproof, had multiple audio settings, bass boost, vocal boost, treble boost, bass/treble boost, etc. Comfy too.

However, the Astro's I had picked up the other day are a lot louder, in the case of treble, bass, vocal, all. Great for music too. The mic quality is, in my opinion, top notch.

Yeah I totally agree. I've heard several positive things about the Turtle Beach Stealth 600s except for the two things you mentioned. And I have actually used the Astro 10s in the past! I really enjoyed them. I just feel my current headset has better sound quality. No complaints about the actual headset itself though.

1 hour ago, Deko said:

I use HyperX Cloud 2s. I love the audio but the mic is god awful.

From what I've heard about the Cloud 2s, the mic is usually pretty decent. Might be a problem on your end idk though. Other people have run into the problem of the mic being bad as well. I've never used it though so I gotta get me a pair and try it out.

3 hours ago, Nyxll said:

I use a blue ice mic. Problem, it is a desktop mic and could pick up background sound.

I've heard mixed opinions on the blue ice mic, is it any good?

3 hours ago, Caleb956 said:

I use the HyperX Cloud IIs and a Blue Snowball for my microphone

HyperX Cloud 2 is good. I just tried them out today!

2 hours ago, tree_ said:

I've heard mixed opinions on the blue ice mic, is it any good?

Yes, but no, sometimes, it does not work right on the computer sometimes, and that leaves to tamper with it sometimes. The stand takes up a lot of the room so that I am forced put it right in front of a speaker. Goes as far as to being told to fix the mic when I don't even know how.

Otherwise, I hardly use it because a lot of details really make it a pain in the butt for me. That is why I am somehow trying to get a headset so I can avoid a lot of the problems.