To a lot of people they just look really bad. When we talking unusuals, they are placed in poop tier. At least 90% of bot unusuals are

They're typically places in the lowest tier of the unusual bracket like Septik said but for the most part IMO they all just look like garbage even with a good thematic loadout ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you can find a loadout with a robo hat that looks better than using the original hat, I'll give you 1000$. Disclaimer: I think we both wish I had that kind of money to spare. I couldn't give you 1000$ if I wanted to.

That's what I think anyway; they all just look like bootleg versions of the original, but it's not even laughable.

Some hats have robotic versions that look better imo 

Big Chief.png             Bunsen Brave.png  

Apparition's Aspect.png Filamental.png 

Tyrant's Helm.png Tyrantium Helmet.png 

It's all a matter of opinion technically, but overall, yeah, robotic hats are by and large considered inferior to the original hats they're based on. Pretty sure the Bunsen Brave is the only hat considered "better" by a majority of the community. 

(I also really like the galvanized gibus, but probably shouldn't count that, as the only reason I like it is because it looks like a trashier gibus)

Edited by LAN_Megalodon (see edit history)