Egossi

Restore old forums

I feel like this version of the forums was released and replaced with the previous one way too early, and it seems like @Rhododendron is too busy with other things irl to complete it currently, so i think until this version is fully functional it would be nice to have all the stuff we had before like hub and everything (if its not all scrapped), and maybe keep this version available for those who prefer it.

I'd like to hear everyones opinions on this.

The old look is "outdated" and this is completely coded from @Rhododendron from scratch, I don't think implementing the old version would be so easy for the time being after how much he's changed this one. I don't mind getting people's opinion but I will most likely say it's gonna be a no.

I would want to completely replace this forums with the old one because I know @Rhododendron put in a lot of work on this one and I actually like this version better, but I would at least like to see the return of the hub

1 minute ago, Tatost said:

Hub is being worked on, so if that's what you want you just have to be more patient.

yeah i had no idea it was being worked on.

11 hours ago, Tatost said:

Hub is being worked on, so if that's what you want you just have to be more patient.

I wouldnt count on that, if it was being worked on it would take nowhere near this long

11 hours ago, Aegean said:

The old look is "outdated" and this is completely coded from @Rhododendron from scratch, I don't think implementing the old version would be so easy for the time being after how much he's changed this one. I don't mind getting people's opinion but I will most likely say it's gonna be a no.

Thats a shame, cause the incomplete feel of these forums is what makes me not wanna check it anymore, i do think the profile music, the custom names etc. added a lot to these forums

Im all for having this version up when its complete

Also i dont see how the forums looking old is a bad thing when our only active division is of a game released in 2007

Edited by Egossi (see edit history)

Just add dark theme. Problem solved.

Actually what all is still missing besides hub at this point? If we even got a partially functional copy of the old version moved over it would be nice compared to lacking it entirely now but im not even sure if there is anything besides that still needing to be made.

In terms of appearance though the new forums are deffinitly much easier on the eyes to navigate than the previous version. The old forums appearing like a hardly tangible cluttered mess kept me from trying to understand them at all for awhile but this more modern appearance so to speak is much more user friendly to new comers.

2 hours ago, Elcark said:

Just add dark theme. Problem solved.

Actually what all is still missing besides hub at this point? If we even got a partially functional copy of the old version moved over it would be nice compared to lacking it entirely now but im not even sure if there is anything besides that still needing to be made.

In terms of appearance though the new forums are deffinitly much easier on the eyes to navigate than the previous version. The old forums appearing like a hardly tangible cluttered mess kept me from trying to understand them at all for awhile but this more modern appearance so to speak is much more user friendly to new comers.

That would be good enough for me but it doesnt seem like thats gonna happen anytime soon and i feel like it would be easier to revert for now and re-release this version later

over the course of using Xenogamers forums for 7 years now, I can say change is not a bad thing, but people will always have issues accepting the changes though, just be happy the community has survived this long and the forums are still active, i cant say the same for rival communities back when xG first started.

I do miss the ability to change my own username which was a feature back in 2011-2012, and i do miss the profile music, right now the forums to me do feel incomplete, profile settings are just a mess to navigate and i feel like there is little diversity for profile optimization.

The forums are much easier on the eyes than they used to be, although at first look it can be confusing to navigate, but once you figure it out its very simple and easy to find what you're specifically lookings for.

On 7/21/2018 at 11:47 PM, NoobDestroy said:

over the course of using Xenogamers forums for 7 years now, I can say change is not a bad thing, but people will always have issues accepting the changes though, just be happy the community has survived this long and the forums are still active, i cant say the same for rival communities back when xG first started.

I do miss the ability to change my own username which was a feature back in 2011-2012, and i do miss the profile music, right now the forums to me do feel incomplete, profile settings are just a mess to navigate and i feel like there is little diversity for profile optimization.

The forums are much easier on the eyes than they used to be, although at first look it can be confusing to navigate, but once you figure it out its very simple and easy to find what you're specifically lookings for.

I know what you mean but your response doesnt exactly fit my argument here, I've been here since summer of 2013 and seen about 4 completely different versions of this site,  the issue isnt getting used to change or my personal opinion on how the older version was better. I think everyone can agree that the previous forums felt more complete and there was a lot more features on it. And this one, compared to any of the previous ones is the most incomplete one. Sure its easier on the eyes but how does that matter more than the overall functionality of the forums?