RB3805

xG Comp Team?

I wanted to see if there was any interest in forming an xG competitive team for TF2. I think we have a lot of skill that we could put to good use, so I'm just testing the waters with this post.

We had a highlander team in the past, but it didn't go too well from what I remember. I think the idea of making a new team has floated around quite a few times at this point, but I wouldn't be opposed to actually having a competitive team instead of circle-jerking on TGH all day (joking ^^)

In all seriousness, if this does get traffic, I think it would be a really neat idea to actually have people round up to make some kind of highlander or 6s team. I would personally pass on this I would think but I'm still interested in what other people think!

Well, I do like the idea since I've never been in a competitive team before. Of course, I'm not one of the best players around here, there are better options for a competitive team, but I have to say that it would be nice to have a solid competitive team!
So yeah, I totally support your idea dude!

People joke but we have more than a few capable sniper mains lol. 

Idk, generally with teams what you do is look for people who are good at filling a role rather than trying to fit someone into one. Depending on who does what you can end up with people playing classes they're not great at just because everyone on the team being from xg was the qualifier rather than everyone on the team being good at their respective class. That's not even mentioning the people who are going to be looking to fill the same role. This becomes much less of an issue with sixes because there's less people and it tends to be a little more flexible in terms of who can play what when, but it's much more competitive than highlander and both the skill floor and ceiling are much higher up. 

It's novel but in practice I don't know how well it'd pan out.

Edited by LAN_Megalodon (see edit history)

We have plenty of people that are extremely good at the game but the problem is different regions.

Having a higher ping while playing comp is going to be tough if you are actually trying to win rather than playing for fun on a xG server.

As for classes I think there is a great diversity in xG, we have incredibly good Soldier, Demo, Sniper, Medic and Scout main in xG

cant wait to see how this will turn out after what happened last time. but if it were to actually work that would be cool to see.