Caleb956

TF2 Operation: Populate v2

Server_populate.exe  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which servers would YOU like to see populated more often?

• Zombie Fortress
    • Pokemon Trade
    • Jailbreak #1
    • Deathrun
    • Uber Upgrades
    • Freak Fortress 2
    • Stock Rotation

Let's get it right this time xd

So, after sitting down with @Kypari and discussing things to do to populate the servers, we decided we would come to YOU guys to see what you'd like to see populated more often! ?

I've included a *subject to change* calendar of when we are looking at doing population events throughout the month of August, but we can always do other days if they are requested or if other people want to populate servers, this calendar is NOT set in stone! 

What?

-Populating Servers

When?

-On the days posted below! Will be taking place at around 8 PM est on those days!  You can distinguish what days we are planning on by the TF2 logo placed on each of the days!

August.png.a50a13fd8d3077ff41cd296299932127.png

Where?

-On the xG TF2 servers! *ip list down there ?*

64.74.97.68:27015 - Pokemon Trade

216.52.143.129:27015 - Uber Upgrades

216.52.143.29:27015 - Jailbreak #1

72.5.195.37:27015 - Deathrun

74.91.125.25:27015 - Zombie Fortress

74.91.122.80:27015 - Freak Fortress 2

Hope to hear as much feedback as possible regarding this, and to see all of you during our population events!  ?

Edited by Caleb956
you left tgh and surf ips in the desc (see edit history)

I would really like to see ff2 claim its former glory as being one of the more populated xG servers, I espicially remember one time on facing worlds when it was still there a bunch of homing arrow snipers knocking the hale(s) off the map xd.

8 minutes ago, Shadower said:

why call this a "population" when it's obviously a community event?

usually when things are populated, they stay populated, these are just "lol lets see how long these guys will stay on until their groups of friends leave"

you guys should try making some of these gamemodes better or not fudgeing broken lol.

Weren't you going to "populate" jailbreak a month ago? How many times did you even log onto that server? It doesn't matter what it's called, the intent is the same; encourage server activity often enough it doesn't require an event as people start to join it on their own. Getting on a couple friends and just sitting there for awhile isn't what these are, it's calling on and getting a larger group together that attracts more people to filter in. This is what has allowed times like when two or three people start up freak fortress lead to it being active for several hours even after the original players have left and then being started back up again by entirely new people latter.

If you have any suggestions for changes to servers or issues that need to be fixed then you should actually pitch them if you expect anything to happen. 

I'm confused as to why I didn't point this out last night when Caleb messed it up, but why do we have FF2 on there if it's already populated regularly by Bonfire, Kypari or Bagel? It seems rather redundant and wasteful to use one of our event days on a server that gets more attention than others...  no, I'm not Matsi...

Should we not be shedding more light on servers that don't get any attention? For example Zombie Fortress, Deathrun, Uber Upgrades and Stock Rotation. Elcark even solidifies this point in his post. I get that the community input is important, but we should be prioritizing the actually dead servers over the ones that get populated regularly. Sorry to all of the FF2 crew, but you guys already get enough attention as is. People go and populate it all by themselves.

10 hours ago, Elcark said:

Weren't you going to "populate" jailbreak a month ago? How many times did you even log onto that server?

To be fair, @Shadower did populate it a few times, but it was still a rare occasion. I'm surprised that it hasn't happened that often.

19 minutes ago, Tatost said:

I'm confused as to why I didn't point this out last night when Caleb messed it up, but why do we have FF2 on there if it's already populated regularly by Bonfire, Kypari or Bagel? It seems rather redundant and wasteful to use one of our event days on a server that gets more attention than others...  no, I'm not Matsi...

Should we not be shedding more light on servers that don't get any attention? For example Zombie Fortress, Deathrun, Uber Upgrades and Stock Rotation. Elcark even solidifies this point in his post. I get that the community input is important, but we should be prioritizing the actually dead servers over the ones that get populated regularly. Sorry to all of the FF2 crew, but you guys already get enough attention as is. People go and populate it all by themselves.

To be fair, @Shadower did populate it a few times, but it was still a rare occasion. I'm surprised that it hasn't happened that often.

It's not actively populated like surf or tgh though. It's often just Bonfire telling people to get on FF2 because he wants people to play it and then about 3 people join and then it dies a bit later, and I actually don't join with him often at all either. We're going to shed light onto all servers, and FF2 as far as I'm concerned personally is definitely not an active server or it would have a consistent population daily and at all times.

Edited by Kypari (see edit history)

19 hours ago, Kypari said:

Due to awkward schedules, the pop events will be Tuesday at 8pm EST only instead of on Saturday as well.

what do you mean by "awkward schedules"?

12 minutes ago, Tatost said:

what do you mean by "awkward schedules"?

I got a boyfriend and he can mostly only come round on weekends, so like I can't just turn around to him while he's at my house like "hey I have to go do a population event so see you lol." Seg has also had to cancel many plans that he has had on Saturdays too to come to population events, so to simplify things and not burn us out entirely, we have decided to make population events Tuesdays only.

58 minutes ago, Kypari said:

I got a boyfriend and he can mostly only come round on weekends, so like I can't just turn around to him while he's at my house like "hey I have to go do a population event so see you lol." Seg has also had to cancel many plans that he has had on Saturdays too to come to population events, so to simplify things and not burn us out entirely, we have decided to make population events Tuesdays only.

Why not just have some willing staff members host the populate event?

19 minutes ago, Tatost said:

Why not just have some willing staff members host the populate event?

They are more than welcome to if they want, that's a good suggestion. I can't guarantee that higherups will attend however.

Edited by Kypari (see edit history)