Counter-Strike
  • In-Game Name
    ScottNi
  • Identity
    STEAM_1:0:77217094
  • Ban Type
    Team Ban
  • Information

Ok i was ct banned by Marinekid70 for 2 days on the jailbreak server. not alot but i have not done anything to get CT Banned

Ok so in total I was playing as ct mostly warden for about 2 whole maps being mostly clouds and summer jail (not sure what the proper names are). And after summer jail newzoid comes up and I don't know the map at all so I start playing as a t. a few rounds go by and I get swapped to ct's as a t and then receive a 2 day ban. I asked him why and he says for baiting and freekilling on the two previous maps. He was playing on the server the whole time and actually playing as a guard in clouds. Never once did he tell me I was baiting or I got slain for it. in about 40 rounds I'd say I got knifed 11 times I never went close and shot after being knifed nor did i die (also i think if i did bait i would've been slayed or warned at the time but no) 

The only thing that I could think this baiting charge would be for is being comfortable around people i know go for LR 9/10 time.I never got close enough to knife and i would place a marker behind and tell them to rush it and freeze. Aswell i asked for a time i was baiting and he said that i got knifed most rounds and i would go around them (i was playing summer jail which to get outside is VERY close quarters, i think i was being smart about how i treated the hallway going up to the door placing a marker next to it telling them to rush then shiftwalk and follow me.)(also i can tell you i did not ONCE die in the hallway).

Ok now for the free killing ok we have two on cloud first one (it was lr and he wanted to do nine colors with the other Marinekid the other ct. so they were both on and he said start it. as i was close door button he said wait and tried to leave color as it was descending and died. number two i had like 6 guys rushing me in cloud which none of them should had i was explaining rules for diving game i included during the rules that they would start when i say go later down the rules i told them the first three people to get in the water wins, and without saying go all 6 t's rushed the water where i was standing and i shot the first one thinking he had a bomb bc he moved from a freeze then all 5 others are going to i stop shooting realizing what i said and then one jumps at me (not at the water) and knifes me i shoot and kill him but one of my recoil shots on the ak headshotted a dude to the left. he was about 3 inches from my crosshair (i have a ultrawide monitor) I was slayed to this which was fine with me i didnt want to make a big deal.

Now to Summer Prison. I was not warden and we had 3 CT's the guy infront of me pressed the button while the warden was giving commands for a bit i thought he was the warden. So nobody realizes its a free day because he was giving rules about the time the doors opened he said walk out afk freeze when i say go 2 people walked out right away i shot and killed one and the other was killed by a different ct. the other ct not the warden was knifed and we got shot down. Now for the freekill. We were going outside and i was warden i put down a marker in the main cell area and told them to freeze there as one is bhopping towards me saying i didnt give a time and i shoot and kill him. Zoom 3 minutes into the round im being asked in voicechat by marinekid why i killed him im not sure if he didnt see it but he slays me and thats over with.

Now keep in mind this was in a span about 2 hours both of the incidents on cloud were by pure accident the guy i headshotted with recoil (i was moving away from the knifing guy)the guy dropped in nine colours. the first incident in summer jail was a big confusing mess that none of the ct's realized there was a freeday and the prisoners didn't either for a bit. Then the fourth which was a legit kill in every way ( a similar incident happened earlier on the map too and marinekid said i dont need to give a time for the command.

Ok now we're playing newzoid about 10 rounds in i was only a ct the first 3 rounds then switched and banned. in the last week ive played this specific server for about 8 hours and have been enjoying it and playing alot. i feel like i was falsely banned. i recieved no warning for "baiting". 

Also any free kills that accidentally happened i was slayed for it and that was it. Then all of the sudden 2 day banned and he didn't even tell me why till 5 minutes later asking why i was banned. At the time in newzoid he even said in chat he was not paying attention and he was watching something. then when I asked him for me baiting he couldn't give me anything except for the "walks too closely to t's". My point earlier it's a close quarters map.

I hope i get unbanned. idk that all i have to say i was banned unfairly and without warning or anything to prove myself as he wouldnt talk to me in chat

@Bot for a witness on clouds

@char was freekilled

@Genocide was a CT on clouds

CT_Slay3r or however it is spelled witnessed a large amount of issues as well.

In regards to the swapping and banning, I was just being an idiot with the command and swapped on accident. The 2 day team ban was intended and, as I have explained, was the result of many complains regarding freekilling, baiting, and inexperienced wardening. I (verbally) told CTs multiple times to look at the rules, elaborate better on their commands, and to stop baiting. @Bot also used all chat to make a notice about CTs killing many Ts early on in the rounds and stated that they must be clear with their orders.

44 minutes ago, ScottNi said:

in about 40 rounds I'd say I got knifed 11 times

That means you likely baited for a quarter of your playtime? On Nexzoid you also started as a CT, got swapped to T through autoswap for the guard ratio, and then got re-swapped to CT due to an error.

The only thing that I could think this baiting charge would be for is being comfortable around people i know go for LR 9/10 time.

That's still baiting. Throughout the maps you, again as I have said, ran near/adjacent to groups of terrorists.

Ok now for the free killing ok we have two on cloud first one (it was lr and he wanted to do nine colors with the other Marinekid the other ct. so they were both on and he said start it. as i was close door button he said wait and tried to leave color as it was descending and died. number two i had like 6 guys rushing me in cloud which none of them should had i was explaining rules for diving game i included during the rules that they would start when i say go later down the rules i told them the first three people to get in the water wins, and without saying go all 6 t's rushed the water where i was standing and i shot the first one thinking he had a bomb bc he moved from a freeze then all 5 others are going to i stop shooting realizing what i said and then one jumps at me (not at the water) and knifes me i shoot and kill him but one of my recoil shots on the ak headshotted a dude to the left. he was about 3 inches from my crosshair (i have a ultrawide monitor) I was slayed to this which was fine with me i didnt want to make a big deal.

You didn't go down and rules for the dive context, actually. You only stated that "we are taking the first three Ts to the cyan pool," without having stated that we must dive, so we just ran to the cyan pool and froze. The freekill was handled by Bot, but the main issue is how consistently you've had close encounters with your back turned to Ts.

Now to Summer Prison. I was not warden and we had 3 CT's the guy infront of me pressed the button while the warden was giving commands for a bit i thought he was the warden. So nobody realizes its a free day because he was giving rules about the time the doors opened he said walk out afk freeze when i say go 2 people walked out right away i shot and killed one and the other was killed by a different ct. the other ct not the warden was knifed and we got shot down. Now for the freekill. We were going outside and i was warden i put down a marker in the main cell area and told them to freeze there as one is bhopping towards me saying i didnt give a time and i shoot and kill him. Zoom 3 minutes into the round im being asked in voicechat by marinekid why i killed him im not sure if he didnt see it but he slays me and thats over with.

For the first incident, I repeated in all chat that it was a freeday and slayed you for freekilling a T who was out. You literally said "Let's thin down the numbers a bit" and killed a T, along with ShiftyKeki, while those terrorists were obeying the afk freeze order. You also fail to mention that I gave verbal warnings on baiting and armory ledge camping, told you not to instruct a T to break down a vent (the plywood on summer), and called out your favoritism during a game of four corners.

I hope i get unbanned. idk that all i have to say i was banned unfairly and without warning or anything to prove myself as he wouldnt talk to me in chat

I repeated multiple times on Nexzoid the reasons for which you were banned, listed instances of your baiting, freekilling, and rulebreaking, and literally gave you the link to the forums for your protest. As I have stated, 2 days was fairly lenient for what I observed in spectator for the entire duration of summer jail and while dead for clouds. Usually for minor rule breaking, an hour or more is sufficient for a newer player to the server to become more familiarized with the rules. However, with the warnings provided and amount of complaints/incidences, I used my judgement to issue you a 2 day ban.

Edit: Also, baiting does not always result in a knife death (hence why you make it to LR), but you still did a large amount.

Edited by MinerTeddy
Side-clarification (see edit history)

I was the other staff member on during the bit where he was playing as warden on clouds. With the amount of rules that were bent and broken I feel like a 2 day team ban is very, very gracious. I will not go into much depth because I was not there when the actual ban was issued on Nexzoid, but I saw enough on Clouds before I had to disconnect. First of all, I would say at least once per round he was in knifing distance of the T's, luckily the T's were giving him a chance and often didn't rush him, but he was killed here and there. Yes there were warnings in voice chat to stay away from the T's and stop baiting by myself and by many of the other players on the server who were getting angry because of it, also I did issue a few slays against him when it got too bad, yet the baiting continued for as long as I was on. Also, he was very quick to shoot as warden. There were many instances were people had asked for repeats and they were killed before a repeat was issued, also here and there T's were killed a mere 1-2 seconds after commands were given. Even more than this sometimes he completely freekilled whether not hearing other wardens commands correctly or moving while shooting and hitting multiple T's. In the 30 minutes or so that I was on the server I remember being randomly freekilled by him 2 times at least and I know other people suffered similar fates. I was personally going to ban him earlier, but me and @MinerTeddy talked a bit more and we decided to be gracious and give him a few more chances. That is what brings us here, after I left I guess he slipped up some more and was banned. With every slip up and freekill that happened I believe 2 days is about the nicest thing that could of been done for him. This ban was well deserved and once again... Its only 2 days, read the rule book once or twice and watch some other players play warden. 

Edited by Bot (see edit history)

Ok im not sure how to quote but im going to point out in your 1st bit i did not get autoswapped i personally joined t because i did not know the map well. The second bit im not the best at jailbreak considering im still newish to the gamemode but if i die by a knife its not automatically baiting

The third now i might not see it as baiting but you could i still was pretty cautious to not get knifed and this only happened 3-4 rounds. the fourth i wasnt done explaining the rules i told them to freeze on my marker told them to not climb up the ladders after the first jump explained how much winners i would be taking and how i would be taking them and then they went for the goal while explaining and frozen. 

the fourth firstly it was not me ledge camping i havent i know the warden was ledge camping but it was not me i was not looking at chat at the time i realized 15 second after you sent it but in my mind people were rebelling also the breaking of the thing i asked if it was okay but knew it was wrong and walked away i was about to tell the t but i got shot by the other t. then finally favoritism of a t he had a gun from a killed prisoner and threw it out so i rewarded him with not playing four corners. im not sure why thats wrong but ok.

Bot you know that wasn't me? that was lots of mos if you counted clouds as baiting none of that was me. if I got banned this long for what I did then he would be permabanned I was playing ct at the time but that was not me

Edited by ScottNi
mistake (see edit history)

37 minutes ago, ScottNi said:

The second bit im not the best at jailbreak considering im still newish to the gamemode

Just wanted to throw my two cents onto this one sentence.

If you are new you really shouldn’t have been on CT until you learned the ropes from listening to CT’s and Wardens provide orders for some time, also you should’ve read the rules and guide before joining CT considering how many rules, steps, and information you need to know to correctly perform the role without breaking rules in the process.

No vouch.

Edited by TheSupremePatriot (see edit history)

Ok look if it wasnt clear my biggest problem with this ban is that it took place an hour after what had happened and after that things get blurred i was apparently blamed for lots of mos a different player while on clouds aswell i was called out for armory camping which was not me and you can check logs i even said in chat multiple times during summer jail that my fellow guards shouldnt be armory camping look i would not nearly be as mad as i am if you banned me in summer and said i needed time to review the rules or whatever. Also i dont know this for sure but you might have been confusing me in newzoid for the warden who was having free days every single day because thats when you banned me.

I held off on the ban to determine the time/severity through general observation. Admittedly, it would have been better to act earlier, but I hoped giving you extra chances would work out. Also the incidences on cloud were not entirely lots_of_mos' fault, as stated by Bot.

29 minutes ago, MinerTeddy said:

I held off on the ban to determine the time/severity through general observation. Admittedly, it would have been better to act earlier, but I hoped giving you extra chances would work out. Also the incidences on cloud were not entirely lots_of_mos' fault, as stated by Bot.

Well there was the nine color incident and the diving incident but other than that i think i played cloud pretty well i stayed far from cts and was in control most of the time

Edited by ScottNi
keep quoting wrong comments (see edit history)

2 hours ago, ScottNi said:

Also any free kills that accidentally happened i was slayed for it and that was it. Then all of the sudden 2 day banned and he didn't even tell me why till 5 minutes later asking why i was banned. At the time in newzoid he even said in chat he was not paying attention and he was watching something. then when I asked him for me baiting he couldn't give me anything except for the "walks too closely to t's".

Also, as you make a point that the ban was delayed (leading to possible misremembrances), you claim in the original post that I took 5 minutes and was "watching something." I responded immediately after you noticed your ban and then upon asking for elaboration, my example of baiting was you literally just doing basic baiting; there is nothing complex needed for an example of baiting. At the time, in Nexzoid, it was near midnight PST with little population and I gave it less attention, as I was talking to another staff member in discord after having observed/moderated the server for the duration of clouds, summer, Nexzoid, and the following maps (2+ hours). The ban wasn't sudden, we gave multiple warnings and all-chat warnings (again, refer to Bot's post). The ban was extremely lenient from what two staff members have observed.

The ban will stand, 2 days is fairly reasonable for multiple rules broken. Also, banning after the fact is perfectly acceptable, and chat logs show he explained it immediately.

As @TheSupremePatriotsaid, if you aren't totally familiar with the rules, maps or jailbreak in general, try to stay off CT and use these 2 days to try and become a little more familiar with the rules.