Red

add those map to tgh

should we add those maps or nah?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. another minecraft map

• hell yes i'm epic gamer and need more..
    • are you stupid hell nah!
  2. 2. koth_delivery_rc4 aka shipment map from mw2

GAMEBANANA.COM

A Team Fortress 2 (TF2) Map in the Trade category, submitted by Suomimies55

We need more minecraft maps for those minecraft gamers.

GAMEBANANA.COM

A Team Fortress 2 (TF2) Map in the King of The Hill category, submitted by o0Brilliance0o. This map is a Team Fortress 2 remake of Call of Duty 4's map Shipmen...

Since we didn't have a call of duty theme map on the server since nuketown (failed horribly)  

Edited by Red (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, Nyxll said:

we just need another tight map that can't handle 32 players at once.

The delivery map isn't really that much of a cluster compared to other maps on the server. 

11 minutes ago, Red said:

The delivery map isn't really that much of a cluster compared to other maps on the server. 

I am joking there. I've seen the map on CoD WWII (A remade MW map), and it is very small in comparison to all other maps. But seriously though. I'd +1 for both maps, because we need more maps.

Edited by Nyxll (see edit history)

We've removed several minecraft maps before and kept the two we have because they are generally considered better than most and that most are very mediocre and similar. There really is no harm in adding this one to see though and i'd consider +1ing it based on the quality of the map itself as opposed to it being "another minecraft map".

The second map is literally just a bunch of crates. That is probably the most bland uninspired thing I've ever seen suggested for the server. 

7 hours ago, Elcark said:

The second map is literally just a bunch of crates. That is probably the most bland uninspired thing I've ever seen suggested for the server. 

It's pretty funny how you say its the most uninspired thing you seen but we have maps like those on the rotation which we never play on nor anybody likes.

ctf_darktower, dm_sdm_final,trade_jollyrogerbay_v3, and much more.

I still think koth_delivery would be good map to add to rotation since staff can enable cap would make it more fun.

3 minutes ago, Red said:

It's pretty funny how you say its the most uninspired thing you seen but we have maps like those on the rotation which we never play on nor anybody likes.

ctf_darktower, dm_sdm_final,trade_jollyrogerbay_v3, and much more.

I still think koth_delivery would be good map to add to rotation since staff can enable cap would make it more fun.

Those maps are inspired though.

Map being fun and played =/= Map being inspired

9 minutes ago, Kypari said:

Those maps are inspired though.

Map being fun and played =/= Map being inspired

koth_delivery_rc4 is from Call of Duty series from a map called shipment.

The person who made the map was inspired to make it just like all the maps we have on the server which are inspired from other games.

1 minute ago, Red said:

koth_delivery_rc4 is from Call of Duty series from a map called shipment.

The person who made the map was inspired to make it just like all the maps we have on the server which are inspired from other games.

You're missing the point that all the maps you mentioned have an actual design and aesthetic to them. They are unique from any other map in design from their appearance to their layout. 

This map here is made effectively from the same single stock tf2 asset over and over and has the visual creativeness of droping a bunch of legos on the floor. There's nothing that makes this map actually distinguishable. 

neutral on the minecraft one, -1 on the shipment clone for reasons already stated. more maps are cool, but as you said yourself we have multiple not getting played. we need more quality maps, not necessarily just more maps. If the good stuff gets drowned out now, imagine if we had 10+ pages in the nominate list.

5 hours ago, Moosty said:

neutral on the minecraft one

but votes "no" ?

5 hours ago, Moosty said:

more maps are cool, but as you said yourself we have multiple not getting played.

then just straight out remove the maps with less hours played on cause clearly it means that no players have interest nominating or even voting to go on the map. i'm pretty sure most players / competitive wise would like to have this map on the rotation especially when cap gets enabled.