QueenOfHearts

Censoring, Hypocrisy and Toxicity

6 minutes ago, Tatost said:

We're going to mold every single xG member into fucking SJWs at this point. We get offended over the slightest thing and the next thing you know, the guy who said "fucking faggot lmao" will be sent to the shadow realm.

Everything Goblin stated in his posts is fucking godly. Like, holy shit who sent this man? Stop being fucking babies when it comes to "offensive" words, seriously.

OK, you need to chill out. "Faggot" is still a slur and still offends many gay people today, not to mention that being gay and also the whole bullying aspect for it is a VERY high cause of suicide and depression/anxiety. People have every right to get upset and offended by it. That doesn't mean that it shouldn't be allowed on servers.

2 minutes ago, Kypari said:

OK, you need to chill out.

Sorry that I'm pissed that you guys are turning the clan I loved to hang out on into a fucking dictatorship.

2 minutes ago, Kypari said:

"Faggot" is still a slur and still offends many gay people today, not to mention that being gay and also the whole bullying aspect for it is a VERY high cause of suicide and depression/anxiety.

Not saying the word "faggot" can't be offensive, but it's the internet. I don't really care if someone is calling me a dumbass cracker on the internet because it doesn't mean shit. You just need to grow up and grow some thicker skin. "This GAMER just called me a FAGGOT online, I want him banned!" If someone says that to you IRL, that's a completely different story. Just bop them on the fucking nose with your karate kick you've been working on since you were twelve.

7 minutes ago, Tatost said:

Sorry that I'm pissed that you guys are turning the clan I loved to hang out on into a fucking dictatorship.

Not saying the word "faggot" can't be offensive, but it's the internet. I don't really care if someone is calling me a dumbass cracker on the internet because it doesn't mean shit. You just need to grow up and grow some thicker skin. "This GAMER just called me a FAGGOT online, I want him banned!" If someone says that to you IRL, that's a completely different story. Just bop them on the fucking nose with your karate kick you've been working on since you were twelve.

You're saying "you guys" as if I personally care about the word and we are actively actually going to do anything about this. Saying that "you just need to grow thicker skin" is incredibly ignorant and doesn't consider the mental state of the person. Internet or not, words can hurt people and just because they don't hurt you or me doesn't make it OK to say it to someone else. As I have literally said in this thread, I don't think we should ban the word faggot, but obviously if someone is being disrespectful towards you then that's a problem. Consider how OTHER people feel and not what YOU feel. I don't care about the word myself as I've said. I'm a fucking faggot and I've said it a few times on discord too because it's funny to say.

Edited by Kypari (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, Kypari said:

You're saying "you guys" as if I personally care about the word and we are actively actually going to do anything about this. Saying that "you just need to grow thicker skin" is incredibly ignorant and doesn't consider the mental state of the person. Internet or not, words can hurt people and just because they don't hurt you or me doesn't make it OK to say it to someone else. As I have literally said in this thread, I don't think we should ban the word faggot, but obviously if someone is being disrespectful towards you then that's a problem. Consider how OTHER people feel and not what YOU feel. I don't care about the word myself as I've said. I'm a fucking faggot and I've said it a few times on discord too because it's funny to say.

On another note it is probably better if we don't heat up the thread, so sorry about that.

PSA: No one can know you're depressed, gay or a furry online unless you say it, much like no one can tell if you're black, white or purple. That's why we don't give two shits when people say "I'm black, why are you not letting me say the n word???"

I mean, I did say that I say I agreed with Goblin, who said that we should be banning people if it's harassment. If you agree, then why are we arguing? I don't really get it.

1 minute ago, Tatost said:

PSA: No one can know you're depressed, gay or a furry online unless you say it, much like no one can tell if you're black, white or purple. That's why we don't give two shits when people say "I'm black, why are you not letting me say the n word???"

I mean, I did say that I say I agreed with Goblin, who said that we should be banning people if it's harassment. If you agree, then why are we arguing? I don't really get it.

1 minute ago, Tatost said:

Stop being fucking babies when it comes to "offensive" words, seriously.

Mostly this part but yeah we do agree with each other so let's leave it at that ^^

I'm gonna give my take on this and then fuck off.

Personally, I don't care if someone calls me a faggot. I know what I am.

Other can choose to be offended by the word, and that's perfectly fine.

They're not a baby if they choose to be hurt by a word. Making fun of them for disliking a certain word/being called it is just immature.

Now, I will fuck off.

I think its valuable to point out that many people opposing this probably DON'T know what its like to be persecuted for something you have no control over.  Being part of the LGBTQ+ community IS NOT a choice for anyone- its a biological identity. I think the issue that this post is coming from isnt the clan wanting to be a sjw safe space, i think its more highlighting that we need to be inclusive and respectful to our community members who may need a break once in a while from dealing with these issues irl.

While my personal views on the word may be different, we are a community so we absolutely NEED to look out for each other and have everyone's thoughts in mind. If we cant manage that, we'll just fall apart. If respecting someones feelings isnt really an option for someone, then i'm not sure whats drawing them into being part of a community in the first place.

(And to clarify  i'm not dismissing anyone from the community, I'm just saying that the behavior isnt indicative to being part of a multi-game reaching clan)

I think the "word" faggot is highly demeaning and should be a bannable offense, we have people who lose their lives over this stuff and it is a serious thing. I really don't think i should have to explain why I think the word faggot "should" be banned. It is such a terrible word along with other words and frankly, I think we should ban all profanity cause it can make other people uncomfortable and it makes me uncomfortable and I think its wrong that anyone can offend other people and thats wrong. And I also think we should ban insults because they are usually just used to demean and make fun of other people and it is only used by internet trolls and thats wrong. So i think we should just make it so that everybody is forced to say they love everyone on the server at least once an hour to keep up the positivity and the happy fun time going because we need that kind of an environment in order to be able to remain on the server

9 minutes ago, Egossi said:

So i think we should just make it so that everybody is forced to say they love everyone on the server at least once an hour to keep up the positivity and the happy fun time going because we need that kind of an environment in order to be able to remain on the server

+1

49 minutes ago, Egossi said:

So i think we should just make it so that everybody is forced to say they love everyone on the server at least once an hour to keep up the positivity and the happy fun time going because we need that kind of an environment in order to be able to remain on the server

I do this already, not enough players do it.

My stance usually would be that we shouldn't even need a list of banned words and like nearly every other platform, rather should try to figure out on a case by case basis whether something constitutes as harassment or not. 

With that said, I think multiple users, multiple times, have demonstrated that they get some kind of enjoyment out of doing literally anything just to get under other users' skin, and will play anything they've done in bad faith off as a "joke" when confronted about it. It also doesn't really help our community or servers to have someone shouting the n word over and over again because it amuses their Cro Magnon brain (and we do have those users), I don't think that would make our servers feel very inviting or cast the rest of our community in a very intelligent light. 

So idk. It seems like the easiest work around would be to just have a ban on racial slurs, if anything, and then evaluate anything else on a case-by-case basis. But everyone thought rules were too loose and moderators too subjective and wanted everything to be iron clad, so yall really fůcked yourselves here, there's not really a case that can be made anymore that's logically coherent you goddamn fools.

Okay well I'ma just add my two cents into this thread and say that to be honest I have never cared too much bout being called it as a joke or hearing other people call each other faggot. The thing that I do care about is when people are out right trying to make someone feel bad and hurt them with it or any other form of slur which is where the no disrespect and harassment rule comes in to stop this, which is what we have done so far. Which is why in my opinion I'm okay with it being allowed since it's fine if some people wanna joke around with it or other stuff, as long as they aren't trying to to hurt someone with them. Plus there's the fact that we can't just go around banning every slur and making a list for it as there will always be new ones that aren't in the rules so I'd rather just leave it open.

Also, 

12 minutes ago, LAN_Megalodon said:

So idk. It seems like the easiest work around would be to just have a ban on racial slurs, if anything, and then evaluate anything else on a case-by-case basis. But everyone thought rules were too loose and moderators too subjective and wanted everything to be iron clad, so yall really fůcked yourselves here, there's not really a case that can be made anymore that's logically coherent you goddamn fools.

That's what it already is right now. I'm pretty sure at the moment all racial slurs are basically banned and we just punish them as we find them, and we didn't really make everything ironclad? People were just questioning over the spray rule so they clarified it to where basically nothing really too inappropriate is allowed, which is fine. The slur rule has been the same for a pretty long time now, which it doesn't really need a change imo since the problem this thread is discussing is already handled as racism isn't allowed in general, and for faggot and other slurs that would just go under disrespect if someone uses it in that way.

As a serious response, i say fuck no to censoring words alone regardless of the context, if the context is something similar to "lol fuck off fag", it shouldnt be taken as the same thing and punished the same way as someone who says "god i fucking hate faggots, i wish they didnt exist". That is plain dumb.