Bring back ponyspensers  

33 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Bring back the ponyspensers

• yea
    • no

Back in the old days of tgh we had a thing called ponyspensers which were dispensers with ponies on them and they also play 8bit music

There was also a command to turn it off which people could use to just easily turn it off forever

now I know tons of people don't like mlp but I don't see anything wrong with adding this back for the people who do like them

Gotta bring up that the music was solely 8 bit with no lyrics and if you were unfamiliar with MLP you wouldn't know what it was, and was volume wise not overpowering, this isn't as in your face of a plugin as it sounds.

also hard +1 they broke up the monotony of bad sounding maps and I low key miss them.

I never really liked this plugin back then nor would it benefit anyone now, first off its a dead giveaway to anyone whos playing engineer and making an actual engie nest that isnt just for the music itself, I know for a fact there is already a huge disliking for the MLP fandom and there will be people out just to ruin others fun making it a huge 3 way race war between normal people, furries, and bronies, the admins will be so sick of the harassment reports from all sides and the veteran players will just either quit playing or complain in the long run that it adds no replayability to the server and is just another mess of code to add into the config

thats my opinion and assumption, not that it matters since the community pretty much already has mostly voted no

31 minutes ago, Kypari said:

I'm abstaining because I really don't care but I just needed to say this super important thing

#gaybonfiregaming

#gaybonfiregaming

Having 8 bit music coming from Dispensers was a pretty cool thing to be honest; it was just a little bit of fun to have a bit of background music whilst sitting in your Engie nests. The idea is nice.

HOWEVER.

I have to address the fact that people with opinions on MLP are typically VERY strict to their opinion. Adding this to the server would cause a lot of backlash from half of the players, the other half either loving it or not really caring. Adding Ponyspensers back probably isn't worth the backlash it could get from the majority of people who play on our servers. Sure, they could do the logical thing and turn it off, but I don't think people would react well regardless of whether you can toggle it or not.

Perhaps it would be a nice idea to add something similar, but not MLP? Just a thought.

+1 for adding a dispenser sound mod

-1 for adding ponyspensers

For people who don't remember or weren't here when Ponyspensers were around: