Tatost

Waifubot

waifubot  

30 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Add Waifubot to Discord?

• yes
    • no

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/18 at 02:00 AM

You're all acting like it's the end of the world. Chill out.

None of you guys have really gave a good input to be against the bot. The only somewhat good reason I saw was from MJP, and even then you can just mute the channel(s) and hide them. They'll be out of your way and it won't be cluttered.

13 hours ago, Caribou said:

I don't think we made the discord to have these stupid bots and shit rather to communicate, other than personal preference of not having the bot I think it's just pointless to have it and it'd attract people I don't want to have in the community

Yeah the discord is to communicate, but having bots the enhance socialization around us, damage us? No.

13 hours ago, Caribou said:

Also waifu trash lmao grow up

It's a shame we all have different interests ?

On 9/12/2018 at 12:43 PM, Elcark said:

Things that deviate from that don't really help the discord to foster the community, acting more like distractions then anything.

People that have alike interests help us prosper. People enjoy the games in the community, so we talk about it. Why not add something else? It's one more bot and I don't think it will hurt anyone.

It'd be a nice addition to be honest. For those who talk in #anime a lot.

17 minutes ago, Goblins said:

People that have alike interests help us prosper. People enjoy the games in the community, so we talk about it. Why not add something else? It's one more bot and I don't think it will hurt anyone.

It'd be a nice addition to be honest. For those who talk in #anime a lot.

The problem is that you cant redirect the bot post for WaifuBot like you can PokeCord. It'll show up wherever people are typing ;;

19 minutes ago, Nozomi said:

The problem is that you cant redirect the bot post for WaifuBot like you can PokeCord. It'll show up wherever people are typing ;;

It has a command specific to setting to a channel. I'm pretty sure all bots like this (or at least decently made ones) are manageable in this way.

@Elcark you can't get flooded with notifs if you block the bot

Adding the bot hurts no one at all, just a different Pokecord for people who like anime/manga over pokemon.

If adding bots like Waifubot hurts the discord, why would we have Pokecord in the first place? Did Pokecord bring any harm whatsoever to the Discord? No.

@Caribou just an FYI, Waifubot isn't "omg I'm going to fuck this anime tiddy girl when I get home." It's just collecting characters that you think are cool. How would that attract people you "don't want in the community"? "Anime is stupid and bad, but JoJo is cool. I don't want people to have nice things when I don't get anything out of it."

Edited by Tatost (see edit history)

@Tatost It's called Waifubot what do you expect me to think? Besides the poll doesn't look too well so I don't expect it to be added thank god

I would mute it if it gets added but I prefer it not to, and you act as if people really aren't "I'm going to fuck this anime tiddy girl" lmao they are, you may not be but others probably are but regardless keep your hentai away virgins

12 hours ago, Tatost said:

@Elcark you can't get flooded with notifs if you block the bot

You can't get flooded by a bot you don't care for if it isn't there in the first place.

More to the point of what was said, if the bot actually were added it would be far more optimal to give it it's own channel instead of cramming it in the other bot spam channel, especially when there's  people who do use the Pokecord that have expressed their own disinterest in this one. 

2 hours ago, Elcark said:

You can't get flooded by a bot you don't care for if it isn't there in the first place.

More to the point of what was said, if the bot actually were added it would be far more optimal to give it it's own channel instead of cramming it in the other bot spam channel, especially when there's  people who do use the Pokecord that have expressed their own disinterest in this one. 

I would rather it not be in the same channel in the first place, but the vote is going to fail at this point sadly so it's not worth it anymore.

14 hours ago, Elcark said:

People said they didn't want more channels, because the discord is already full of channels. Just trying to reduce that clutter. I myself would prefer having a separate channel, but putting them both on the same channel is also a valid option.

11 hours ago, Shadower said:

a literal waste of time

If people wanted to use it, it's not exactly a waste of time. People are still able to talk to other people in the Discord while bots are implemented (I know this because I both use bots and talk to people in different chats at the same time), so I don't really have the slightest clue as to what you mean by this.

effort

Adding the bot to the server takes less than a minute if you have a link. All that's left after that would be rerouting the spawns to another channel. Where is the "effort" you're referring to?

good way to make a shitty discord shittier

What? Now it just seems that you dislike the platform itself. I don't see how bots make discord "shittier" when all they do is add something cool.