Topaz

Views On Tarping?

TARP  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How do you view tarping?

• I love tarping, and you bet your ass as soon as 7:00 passes heads will roll.
    • I am okay with tarping, but I don't think it should be used very often.
    • I don't care for tarping.
    • Tarping is garbage and so is any warden who does it.
  2. 2. Do you think tarping should be allowed at an earlier time?

• Yes.
    • No.

Thought I would put this together to see what the general consensus on tarping is.

Personally, I think waiting till 7 to tarp kind of defeats the point, since most Ts have already died or rebelled by then. Not much fun to play simon says when you just have three Ts left standing when you start.

Edited by Topaz (see edit history)

Problem is that shitty wardens would tarp at the very beginning just to kill off half the Ts. Doing it early on is like doing roulette to kill half the Ts or FRLR. Tarping is better at the end of a round or just to kill off those dummies who won't stop jumping around.

Hmm, perhaps tarp-based games like simon says should be allowed at an earlier time then? From then it should be treated like a map game and can only be done once every two-three rounds. I think that would be a nice compromise of having to wait, since I see maybe one warden, if that, a day play simon says because that is how often you have enough Ts by 7:00 to actually play it.

I do see the issue of shit wardens abusing having an earlier time for tarps, but when you have a bunch of unruly Ts it can be an indispensable tool to thin the herd early without doing first reaction, last reaction.

I like specific kinds of tarping. 

Saying, "Jumping is restricted." then saying a minute later saying, "All T's jump." is kinda cancer. 

Saying "Jumping is restricted." then leading T's to climb and saying, "all T's may start climb." is not a bad tarp. 

As for doing FRLR while jumping is restricted, I hate that. 

I think tarping should be allowed like 30 seconds earlier. 

The issue came when wardens would start every single round with "Alright when I say Go, take a step out of your cell and freeze! Alright Joe!" *Proceeds to kill 10 T's at the start of the round and games become way less interactive*

Ruins it for new players who might be interested in JB, and tarping in general is tough when a warden has an accent or something which makes it even more painful for everyone involved if they start every round tarping.

The main thing I have seen so far against tarping is how unfriendly it is to new players, and how difficult it can be when the warden has an accent/shit mic. I can pretty much agree with that. However I don't see that as a reason not to allow it atleast a little earlier, since waiting does not solve either of those problems.

While I agree that tarping on the first order is pure unadulterated assholery, I think that allowing tarping earlier would benefit wardens who are able to pull it off well. Maybe 30 seconds, or even a full minute early. After all, 3 minutes goes painfully slow when you are warden and trying to keep the Ts alive/entertained to get to that point.

But yeah, I can definitely see where a lot of you are coming from and the frustrations with shitty tarps.

Edited by Topaz (see edit history)

Who though tarping was a good idea. It ruins the game for new players and is like as mentioned roulette. The 7 min time is really good but still tarping is bad. Wardens who use tarps should stop its a cheap way to get some easy kills and dis encourages good guard and prisoner play. Guards just kill someone for either a misunderstanding, someones new, or your first reaction when someone says all ts jump is to jump. Tarping/contradicting orders should either be not allowed or not killable for.

1 hour ago, Lottamos said:

Who though tarping was a good idea. It ruins the game for new players and is like as mentioned roulette. The 7 min time is really good but still tarping is bad. Wardens who use tarps should stop its a cheap way to get some easy kills and dis encourages good guard and prisoner play. Guards just kill someone for either a misunderstanding, someones new, or your first reaction when someone says all ts jump is to jump. Tarping/contradicting orders should either be not allowed or not killable for.

I will ignore the part where you contradicted yourself, which I assume was just bad grammar. To assess a few things. As long as the warden is competent, tarping is nothing like roulette. I can agree with you if they have a shit mic/heavy accent and do something cancerous as mentioned above. But if a warden says jumping is restricted, then tells you to complete climb, and you jump and die because you forgot, how is that like roulette? Roulette is random, this relies on your memory and ability to interpret orders.

Guards just kill someone for either a misunderstanding

This is not specific to tarping, and happens all the time. If you want to make the notion it happens with more frequency, see my above point about memory.

someones new

This is the only thing I can agree might cause problems. But, I think most players have the maturity and ability to have seen it done once or twice, and learn from it. Hell, where do you think we all came from? If we left because of a tarp kill or two, than hardly anyone would even be in the community.

or your first reaction when someone says all ts jump is to jump.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg.e031cb687d69f31b2b6a7a5edc5df0c4.jpg

What are you even talking about? The only time I can think this would apply is maybe in first reaction, last reaction. But even then, what do you think "First reaction jump!" is for?

That being said, I do appreciate your input and willingness to post about it, even if we disagree.

On 9/20/2018 at 9:17 AM, Topaz said:

Hmm, perhaps tarp-based games like simon says should be allowed at an earlier time then? From then it should be treated like a map game and can only be done once every two-three rounds. I think that would be a nice compromise of having to wait, since I see maybe one warden, if that, a day play simon says because that is how often you have enough Ts by 7:00 to actually play it.

I do see the issue of shit wardens abusing having an earlier time for tarps, but when you have a bunch of unruly Ts it can be an indispensable tool to thin the herd early without doing first reaction, last reaction.

honestly i agree with danny that shit wardens would just use it right away but i also agree with you on simon says its more fun to play with more people and sadly isnt played as much as it should be