Spirit

Suggestion - Add Math Credits

A couple of servers I've been on similar to xG implement a source mod called "math credits".  Every couple of minutes it generates a random math equation (e.g. "87 * 33"), and the first person to answer it gets a set amount of credits (lowest I saw was 10, highest 180).

I think it would be useful as it's something to do if you've finished the map and is generally fun for competition (people enter numbers quickly and wrong, there's an incentive to be both fast and accurate).  It's also a way for super dedicated members to earn extra credits.

I've had a look online and the main mod with this idea is this:

FORUMS.ALLIEDMODS.NET

Math Credits Store

And the example is:

[QUIZ]100 + 64 = ?? >>5 Credits<<
*DEAD* Spancer : 164
[QUIZ]Spancer is the winner he got 5 credits.

Cheers!

I hate math ?

but I like this plugin enough to give it a +1, although im not sure how it would be tied into the current credit/schmeckle system or if it even can be done, I personally never use the credits/store system as is even though I have 16k in the bank but it would be a cool plugin to keep the servers interactive and show off who has the biggest brains, and in my opinion it takes forever to farm credits when you get like 1-3 every-time you kill someone or something, this could be a easier solution to getting credits rather than farming kills/idling, just my opinion though.

9 hours ago, Semper said:

I hate math ?

but I like this plugin enough to give it a +1, although im not sure how it would be tied into the current credit/schmeckle system or if it even can be done, I personally never use the credits/store system as is even though I have 16k in the bank but it would be a cool plugin to keep the servers interactive and show off who has the biggest brains, and in my opinion it takes forever to farm credits when you get like 1-3 every-time you kill someone or something, this could be a easier solution to getting credits rather than farming kills/idling, just my opinion though.

Petition to rename credits as schmeckles.

But yes, it's just something fun to do.

8 hours ago, Tekage said:

I'm all for this; talked to higherups about it before. If only there were more perks with credits...

Yeah there's not many things that could be added for credits.  Can't really change gameplay in any way, and cosmetics are such a core of TF2 that messing with them probably wouldn't work out too well.

22 hours ago, Tekage said:

I'm all for this; talked to higherups about it before. If only there were more perks with credits...

Is there some way to get consensus or poll for them to add the plugin?  If it's an issue of that specific plugin being out of date / incompatible I'm happy to write one for the server.