Kypari

New server time!

What server do you guys want to see?  

37 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What server do you guys want to see?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/18 at 06:25 PM

3 minutes ago, _ymir said:

What does jurf stand for?

Jump-surf - its surf that focuses doing maneuvers using a rocket launcher (or sometimes sticky launcher)

13 minutes ago, SegFault said:

Jump-surf - its surf that focuses doing maneuvers using a rocket launcher (or sometimes sticky launcher)

Oh, that's cool!  Did not know that was a thing.

why don’t we just make an mge server where your always forced to use the rocket jumper and market Gardner and all the maps are just surf places. That would be pretty positive.

Looking at the old thread there seemed to be a significantly greater support for an MGE server than any other option, though there's also the point made by @LAN_Megalodon in how when the gamemode server ran MGE it barely saw any traffic at all. I'd be very concerned though of either of the other two choices leading to a split between the surf population which considering what has happened when people try to populate multiple servers or worse yet bounce from one to another would likely only hurt both servers. Even when people do have some sparking interest in niche aspects like this around xG, it's typically very passing and people lose interest before anything actual picks up. If there's any actual large call for any specific niche gamemodes like this it seems like a much more sound idea to be using the gamemode server for again instead setting up a whole extra server that will only likely be empty within a month from such a method, especially considering these ideas are pretty much what that server was made to exist for. 

Of course leaving the "rotation" gamemode server as balloon race forever is also an option. 

I fail to see how a surf2 would fare any better than Jb2 did/has if it isn't dead. Therefore MGE because Surf and jump, while different, are just skill building at Source engine movement, MGE is wanted and it's own thing.

4 minutes ago, Moosty said:

I fail to see how a surf2 would fare any better than Jb2 did/has if it isn't dead. Therefore MGE because Surf and jump, while different, are just skill building at Source engine movement, MGE is wanted and it's own thing.

Nah it's not surf 2, it's skill surf. Our current server is combat surf. The difference between the two is that combat surfs are meant to be surfing and fighting, but skill surf is solely surfing and no fighting at all. This means that our current surf server can't have a lot of amazing maps that are skill surf maps.

Combat Surf Example:

b3wHn7k.png

Skill Surf Example:

19 minutes ago, Kypari said:

Nah it's not surf 2, it's skill surf. Our current server is combat surf. The difference between the two is that combat surfs are meant to be surfing and fighting, but skill surf is solely surfing and no fighting at all. This means that our current surf server can't have a lot of amazing maps that are skill surf maps.

Combat Surf Example:

b3wHn7k.png

Skill Surf Example:

Why not just save server space and just make our surf server all around surfing? Besides, there are plenty of surf maps on our server that are linear and not aimed around fighting, though there is an arena where people can go OR /cptele out of it if they don't want to fight. Personally, I never go into the arena if it's not an arena based map; I just wanna do the surf. If I want to fight, I'll just go to Trade Gaming History.

Use this extra server for MGE, if you ask me. As you all know, the duelling plugin we have/used to have is pretty much dead. But there have been so many times where I've seen one person say to another "MGE me" so then they go off to a new server. Make this extra server MGE so that they can still stay on our servers and easily access it by typing /servers.