Kypari

New server time!

What server do you guys want to see?  

37 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What server do you guys want to see?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/18 at 06:25 PM

I honestly think we don't need a new server. Would anyone ever even play on it? We have Freak Fortress 2, Zombie Fortress, Jailbreak, and Uber Upgrades. Those servers are hardly ever played. Back when we had MGE, hardly anyone used it. I just think it is a waste of money and is completely unnecessary.

I would personally love an mge server. It would make 1v1 my noobie friends a lot easier since we could just by like hey join mge instead of something complicated such as hey join my server or lemme invite you.

Honestly though I would still be happy with a jump server

34 minutes ago, Segal said:

I honestly think we don't need a new server. Would anyone ever even play on it? We have Freak Fortress 2, Zombie Fortress, Jailbreak, and Uber Upgrades. Those servers are hardly ever played. Back when we had MGE, hardly anyone used it. I just think it is a waste of money and is completely unnecessary.

I would be saying this before, but I don't think there's any reason to actual shut down the server afaik.

46 minutes ago, Segal said:

The server being replaced is Highlander, which has been sitting empty and password protected for literal years, Since we pay hosting fees anyway, public, usable and empty is better than private, unusable and empty.

4 minutes ago, Moosty said:

The server being replaced is Highlander, which has been sitting empty and password protected for literal years, Since we pay hosting fees anyway, public, usable and empty is better than private, unusable and empty.

Then we have an empty server under a new name. If the payment for the server is an issue then could it not just be expunged as opposed to having more unused servers to spread out an already limited population? Setting up an entire server for a single purpose should take a note worthy desire for it but also the bodies to back it up, something that has been lacking in consistency with our more niche servers for the last year and a half.  

I would be ecstatic to see a jump server, you would find me there almost every day, unfortunately for me, mge is beating it but that would also be nice  to have. If two people are wanting to mge in any server you could just link them to another xG server which would be a mge server. If only we could have both, a jump and mge, I just suck at surf so that one is out of the question for me. 

To be honest I don't see much of a need for a new server considering we have to do population events already for our extra servers and now we are adding a new one, but still if I had to choose between the modes I would probably pick between the jump server and especially the mge server as I said in the previous thread since even though they wouldn't really hold population like other servers they would at least get people to come on a decent amount like other servers with these modes as people join randomly all the time to practice and since it doesn't really need to be populated like normal servers as they can be played solo or two players without harm really. Which I know that skill surf can be populated by yourself but I still just think that it wouldn't see any traction after the first few weeks as only a certain amount of people enjoy strictly surfing and since a lot of people prefer the leniency of our combat surf server with being able to both surf normally and combat if they want to while having people to talk to on the server which is what keeps a lot of people on there.

7 minutes ago, Krampus said:

To be honest I don't see much of a need for a new server considering we have to do population events already for our extra servers and now we are adding a new one, but still if I had to choose between the modes I would probably pick between the jump server and especially the mge server as I said in the previous thread since even though they wouldn't really hold population like other servers they would at least get people to come on a decent amount like other servers with these modes as people join randomly all the time to practice and since it doesn't really need to be populated like normal servers as they can be played solo or two players without harm really. Which I know that skill surf can be populated by yourself but I still just think that it wouldn't see any traction after the first few weeks as only a certain amount of people enjoy strictly surfing and since a lot of people prefer the leniency of our combat surf server with being able to both surf normally and combat if they want to while having people to talk to on the server which is what keeps a lot of people on there.

We're just changing the server that we don't ever use, not creating an entirely new server. I doubt it's going to get much traffic at all if I'm 100% honest but it would be cool to have some kind of new gamemode that's hosted by xG

1 minute ago, Kypari said:

We're just changing the server that we don't ever use, not creating an entirely new server. I doubt it's going to get much traffic at all if I'm 100% honest but it would be cool to have some kind of new gamemode that's hosted by xG

Yeh I know I was just going a bit off what Elcark had said bout just getting rid of it if no one ever uses it for the first part and the rest I was just saying my opinion for what I think would do best

I feel like MGE is the most reasonable way to go. While a skill surf server would be nice, it's going to split the group of people who go on surf.

With MGE, it gives people who want to duel an easily accessible place to do, and could also help cut down the amount of complaints about trying to duel on other servers like TGH.

On 9/26/2018 at 8:43 PM, EDNight said:

I feel like MGE is the most reasonable way to go. While a skill surf server would be nice, it's going to split the group of people who go on surf.

With MGE, it gives people who want to duel an easily accessible place to do, and could also help cut down the amount of complaints about trying to duel on other servers like TGH.

Like I said earlier, MGE makes literally no sense at all. Every single fucking MGE server is the same, there's literally nothing keeping people on the server. Usually, communities will only pay for servers that actually benefit them, or will at some point in the future. People can do MGE literally anywhere they want. MGE is probably the worst possible route available, it's actually just a waste of money.

0 individuality + 0 people being attracted to our community = good choice, I guess.

*not to mention people saying "MGE me" isn't literally every ten minutes. They usually only stick around for 1-2 games and then, what do you know, the server will die again.

Edited by Tatost (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, Tatost said:

Like I said earlier, MGE makes literally no sense at all. Every single fucking MGE server is the same, there's literally nothing keeping people on the server. Usually, communities will only pay for servers that actually benefit them, or will at some point in the future. People can do MGE literally anywhere they want. MGE is probably the worst possible route available, it's actually just a waste of money.

0 individuality + 0 people being attracted to our community = good choice, I guess.

*not to mention people saying "MGE me" isn't literally every ten minutes. They usually only stick around for 1-2 games and then, what do you know, the server will die again.

If lacking a substantial amount of people on the server was reason to not have one running then a good number of ours would be put down. 

If anything the fact that people will just wander in and out of any mge server actually could work in it's favor in comparison to the other options. All three are niche (or a niche inside of a niche for skill surf) but when it comes to jump and skill surf people are going to be more inclined to find an established and populated server which makes it much more important for those ones to have a lot of support backing them to reach that level of appeal. Since they are both currently getting less support by the community then mge, which numerically isn't getting an incredible amount of support itself, that's not very likely to happen. At that rate it's probably better to go with a server that even if it isn't going to help the community grow people that have shown interest can still get some use out of and will likely have more random players passing by then another dead server that didn't have a sustainable population to deal with competition. 

Of course a lot of these issues could be ignored entirely by running any and all or these through the gamemode rotation server while actually having a chance at improving that server along the way.