Elcark

[applicationformfield_7] - [applicationformfield_6]

Wowee. Alright, just something to get out of the way @DepressedNeonNepp and @Red, this is not the time nor place to be doing this. This is a ban request, this thread is meant for members, staff, and the accused to discuss the situation. This is NOT the thread to post about petty squabbles. @DepressedNeonNepp, your first post, although reeking of disdain for him and not much else, was more than enough. You should have left it there.

@Red Please stop engaging, at a certain point this looks equally bad for you. Focus on the thread where you may be banned thanks to behavior like this.

tl;dr If you want to talk shit, go to steam messages. If this continues for too much longer it could end badly for the both of you.

3 minutes ago, DepressedNeonNepp said:

Lmao I can be apart of 2 communities if I want to just not member on both

I just saw this. For the love of all that is holy in this world, stop posting stuff like this here.

Edited by Topaz (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, MJP said:

@Elcark Again unless he has the script and you can prove it it doesn’t matter. 

He does have a script, and I can prove it b/c I have the same one. Its roughly

alias +spin "+left; cl_yawspeed 5000"
alias -spin "-left; cl_yawspeed 210"
bind f +spin

This script is a common meme for snipers/spy/anything using hit-scan. The issue isn't that he has the script, its clearly harmless as you can see, the issue up for debate with it is trolling staff with it.

3 minutes ago, MJP said:

@SegFault if he trolls staff then he trolls staff, that’s not worth a membership demotion. What is worth a temp ban is his chat logs as elcark showed. What he said I’d ridiculous even when you have the context.

I didn't intent to troll staff everytime i was just having fun with the script even gave it to staff members to use willingly.

Doesn't matter what i used it for its still trolling and is annoying the staff roster with stupid calladmins once in a while. 

Most of the server already knows i do this and are used to me spinning.

Most people in our staff team don't even know the common hacker and i was just seeing who would fall for it.

Example, I was on pokemon trade where I seen caleb who is division manager was by himself so i join and began killing him while i was using my script. He didn't go check in spec nor even watched how i killed him he stood in 1 place each time and i just killed him then he would just ban me just solely off of that which i thought was unprofessional but later i would find out kypari gave him the green light to ban just on the conclusion of spinning on killcam.

I was just testing if our higherups knew what actual hackers are like.

A couple days or maybe week ago a user named nicholus.andrick came on tgh who was using a hack cilent and me and my friend got killed by him with his insane flicks and kept twitching to lock onto other players. We went to target him as sniper to just test our theory my friend was in spectate watching as he was seen to use walls and silent aimbot. We would go cloak and dagger spy to mess our with him until staff finally caught on to him. Their were literally multiple staff but none took action until quite later. I know kypari knew he was hacking and got Diaper Wolf to go in spec to see if it was truly hacking which he was caught than perm.

A good percentage of our staff team doesn't know difference between a hacker and the casual player.

Ill provide dem once my friend sends me it.

I wasn't saying I have anything against the spinning. I actually think it's quite funny, hell you've gotten me with it before on surf. I was just pointing out to others that the use of the script in trolling is whats being discussed, not the action it's self!

Edited by SegFault (see edit history)

40 minutes ago, SegFault said:

I wasn't saying I have anything against the spinning. I actually think it's quite funny, hell you've gotten me with it before on surf. I was just pointing out to others that the use of the script in trolling is whats being discussed, not the action it's self!

Tricking staff into thinking you're hacking is not funny. It's trolling and there's nothing else to it.

52 minutes ago, Red said:

A good percentage of our staff team doesn't know difference between a hacker and the casual player.

I already made a thread about this, but the fact that you purposely try to make people think you're hacking by using scripts and such to appear as botlike as possible does NOT mean that our staff don't know how to spot a hacker. This is mostly on you.

@Elcark You raise fair points, I will just say not being accepted due to not meeting criteria, and getting kicked out after you're a member is hardly comparable. For me since I've been here from 2010, have only really agreed with or approved people getting kicked out for:

1. Multiclanning
  2. Cheating
  3. DDoSing
  4. Threatening to DDoS
  5. Breaking rules on other servers intentionally (i.e. going on rival jailbreaks and mass freekilling)
  6. Starting a problem with everyone, never admitting they are wrong, and they provide 0 value to our community

As @Red doesn't into my criteria, I -1'd it for that reason. If the other higher-ups all disagreed with me, then I would allow them to take his membership away as I don't try to have final say in situations like this, but I try to give my input as much as I can. Silence (Rhododendron) and I have always wanted xG to be a community that people can grow in, I've made a ton of lifelong friends here and I'm sure many other people have as well, so I'm not triggerhappy with removing someone from member and I'm sure he would agree as well. 

Edit: Onto the spinning point, I think @Jaydow sometimes turns his mouse sensitivity like crazy and spins in CS:GO, it might be someone else I don't remember but it has never been an issue on our servers, if red is just randomly spinning I would honestly not hold THAT against him of all things, especially if it's obvious he isn't spin botting (i.e. he's not killing people while he's spinning) Just on the safe side though, if @Red can not meme the staff so no one thinks he's cheating, that would be highly appreciated.

Edited by Aegean (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, Aegean said:

@Elcark You raise fair points, I will just say not being accepted due to not meeting criteria, and getting kicked out after you're a member is hardly comparable. For me since I've been here from 2010, have only really agreed with or approved people getting kicked out for:

1. Multiclanning
  2. Cheating
  3. DDoSing
  4. Threatening to DDoS
  5. Breaking rules on other servers intentionally (i.e. going on rival jailbreaks and mass freekilling)
  6. Starting a problem with everyone, never admitting they are wrong, and they provide 0 value to our community

As @Red doesn't into my criteria, I -1'd it for that reason. If the other higher-ups all disagreed with me, then I would allow them to take his membership away as I don't try to have final say in situations like this, but I try to give my input as much as I can. Silence (Rhododendron) and I have always wanted xG to be a community that people can grow in, I've made a ton of lifelong friends here and I'm sure many other people have as well, so I'm not triggerhappy with removing someone from member and I'm sure he would agree as well.

I don't personally think it's necessarily out of the question since tatost's situation wasn't nearly as bad as the things that you listed in my opinion, but I would personally say it's definitely worth membership removal since I would not like to have someone who is toxic, racist, a troll (i HATE trolls) and a bully representing the community on our own servers. I'm mostly indifferent towards membership revocation because of his reply to the thread as I've said though ?

14 minutes ago, Aegean said:

Edit: Onto the spinning point, I think @Jaydow sometimes turns his mouse sensitivity like crazy and spins in CS:GO, it might be someone else I don't remember but it has never been an issue on our servers, if red is just randomly spinning I would honestly not hold THAT against him of all things, especially if it's obvious he isn't spin botting (i.e. he's not killing people while he's spinning) Just on the safe side though, if @Red can not meme the staff so no one thinks he's cheating, that would be highly appreciated.

He comes onto the server on an alt account which gets rid of his cosmetics and friends, privates his profile, removes his name history all in an attempt to look like a hacker and then uses spinning scripts when he gets kills or such alternatively to just throwing your mouse across the room. I have had quite a few staff members come forward to me about this and some members too, and it's not really based off skill either. Red is a pretty good pubstomper like many other players we have, but his aim only looks shady when coated in all of these factors. It's all in an attempt to bait staff into thinking he's a hacker so he can turn around like "Lol got you staff your staff sucks"

Edited by Kypari (see edit history)

5 hours ago, SegFault said:

If we are to reexamine how we revoke membership I don't feel like its fair to throw a member under the bus by having us decide on their ban thread and having them be the guinea pig for a policy. 

I really have no stake in this at all but as a passerby on the activity stream I'd like to +1 this statement.

The policy of withdrawing membership is clearly not well defined, and as it's a fairly significant thing, I'd feel more comfortable with it being a formal process rather than something that came up ad-hoc in a ban req.