X-Box

PS4

Time Spent:

150 hours

Do you recommend?

Yes

What you rate the game: (1 to 10)

Initial Thoughts:

Slime Rancher is a fantastic game worth your time. It's not a game where you play non-stop it's more of an on & off game too play when your bored or if you want too cool off. The game is also beautiful and provides a calm experience. 

Gameplay and Story:

The game starts with you, aka Beatrix, takes over a worn out ranch 1,000 light years away from earth (which is also the name of the beautiful song in the end credits) known as the far, far range. When you go into the game you are met with these cute creatures called "slimes" which you harvest their goods (basically poop) by feeding them their preferred foods. Food is divided into 3 categories which are Veggies, Fruits, and Meat and can be used too cool down feral slimes. You can put slimes in pens using the vac-pack that has the power to suck in slimes, food and plorts, but also has the ability to push things back and launch stuff stored in the pack. There are also Lardo slimes that you can make by giving a slime a different plort, these Lardo slimes produce 2 plorts, 1 of each different slime, but if you give it one of the 2 slimes favorite foods it will give you double. When making lardos make sure not to give it another different plort, or else it will turn into an evil tarr slime. Finally there is one more big slime called a Gordo, the Gordo slime can be fed food of its type to burst into regular slimes and crates along with food. In the end game you can access Hobson vaults that store tons of gold slime plorts which are the most valuable plort in the game. Oh ya, there are other slimes that cant be bred like gold slimes and lucky slimes which will disappear after you feed them. Later in the game is where the story kicks in and starts to pick up speed. The ending is worth getting too jest because of the song i mentioned earlier. On a final note there is a subsection where you can play a mini game where you get quicksilver plorts that can be sold at Mochi's Manor, where you play the mini game.

Backstory:

Not much is known, but what is known is that you, Beatrix, take over a ranch previously owned by Hobson who wanted to travel space time using the warp terminals found in the glass desert, but the love for his companion Thora West kept him home.

Pros:

Beautiful game

Great for passing time

Cons:

Slow in the mid-game

hard to play in long sittings (if you consider this a con)

Final Thoughts:

Slime Rancher is a game about cute slimes living in a beautiful environment while you enslave them too poop out your paycheck.

Edited by Yalta (see edit history)

Duddeeeeeeeee this game was free on Xbox One at one point and it's honestly the cutest game ever. I never got round to making it far into the game, but if you like adorable and relaxing games, Slime Rancher is the best.

tbh i got this on a sale from humble at one point and was like ill play this its a dank meme. turned out to be pretty interesting and interactive. not very far in it when i stopped but like you said it is a fun game to just hop on every once in a while and farm some porings.

Man I think I'm gonna play it on my free time just cuz you reminded me of it lol, I saw SodaPoppin a while back and I always wanted to try it so this just pushed me over the edge lol. Thanks for your review!