BonfireCentipede

Bring back old rtd/friendly

Add old plugins back?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Add old plugins back?

• yes
    • no

I have seen multiple people, myself included say they don't like the new rtd

The new effects aren't great, the bad effects either don't make a difference, are just an inconvenience or just suck and making some of the rtd less long for some reason like 10 seconds long forced taunt for some reason?

Strong recoil makes it so aiming makes your screen blast around and you can't see anything, the slope one (forgot the name) makes it so it takes a very long time to walk up the smallest of slopes, outline basically never really effects you that bad unless you're playing spy

And some of the new effects are just overpowered and not fun to fight against, I can get that you'll need a good rtd to break a camp or something but the amount of good effects that can do that is pretty bad compared to the old rtd of having like two (crits, team crits, fire breath, godmode, powerplay)

Now a argument for this is being able to just remove a ton of the new effects, but at that point why should we keep the new rtd and force ourselves to keep the new friendly mode aswell?

And because of the new rtd not working with old friendly mode, it brings me to my point which pushed me to the point of actually making this vote instead of having a dislike for the new effects.

The new friendly plugin

Now because of this new friendly plugin there's two main things wrong with it which old friendly did not

The bug where you can look like a normal player but be in friendly mode, this can make it look like a person would be able to be killed but you just waste ammo on them until you realise they're friendly

And the bigger problem;

Being able to heal players who are in friendly mode, this makes it so you can build uber off of a person who is invincible and should not be able to healed and if they're in the way you'll heal them instead of the target you want, and if the person in friendly is an enemy you won't be able to heal the person that's behind the person in friendly.

Friendly mode should not effect gameplay in any shape, way or form. even if you think it's a minor effect on it.

Thought I should mention, good job to @Caleb956 for trying to basically make the friendly mode work, but as it stands I think we should just revert back to the old plugins that had very little wrong with them, the only problem that I can think of is friendly players being able to block rockets but that is unfixable for any plugin as far as i'm aware.

In conclusion, the new rtd system has resulted in us having to update other plugins, resulting in more issues as the new rtd system alone is not enjoyed by the majority of players (from what I've seen and heard, no statistics as of now). I think we need to revert back to what we used to have, old plugins, old rtd, etc. Thoughts?

1000% yes to this, even though I've spent a lot of time working on the new plugins getting them to work together, it's clear that the wide view is that people enjoyed the old plugins better.  I fought for sticking with the original rtd in the first place, glad this is being brought to attention.

10 minutes ago, BonfireCentipede said:

The bug where you can look like a normal player but be in friendly mode, this can make it look like a person would be able to be killed but you just waste ammo on them until you realise they're friendly

This was fixed.

10 minutes ago, BonfireCentipede said:

Being able to heal players who are in friendly mode, this makes it so you can build uber off of a person who is invincible and should not be able to healed and if they're in the way you'll heal them instead of the target you want, and if the person in friendly is an enemy you won't be able to heal the person that's behind the person in friendly

This apparently was also in old friendly as far as I'm aware.

Regardless, after the many hours that Caleb has put into this with many bugs that seem to show up, I'm not that opposed to it. Not at all because of the new effects, because I have zero problem with them whatsoever. I would like to keep it overall but we'll see what the community says.

I want to keep it on FF2 though since it doesn't actually do anything bad on there.

11 minutes ago, Kypari said:

This was fixed.

Ah I wasn't aware this was fixed, thought you could still do it.

This apparently was also in old friendly as far as I'm aware.

I'm 95% sure that you were not able to heal friendles on the old plugin, not too sure about healing people behind enemies in friendly though. Never noticed it before so I don't think that was a thing either.

I want to keep it on FF2 though since it doesn't actually do anything bad on there.

Keeping new rtd on ff2 would be fine I think since friendly isn't on there and effects being unfun to fight against as a normal player isn't bad on there as a boss imo.

Edited by BonfireCentipede (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Tatost said:

probably not gonna happen since "we're not a competitive server"

If it's what the community wants then I personally have no problem making it how you guys and gals want it.  ?

In my eyes what happens to the servers in terms of how everyone wants them is completely up to you (I'm bad at words xd).  I know I already said this, but that's why I like votes like this, if we made a questionable decision with changing something on the servers and people dont like it then by all means bring it to attention like this and we are more than willing to change it back to however you want it. ?

20 hours ago, Caleb956 said:

If it's what the community wants then I personally have no problem making it how you guys and gals want it.  ?

In my eyes what happens to the servers in terms of how everyone wants them is completely up to you (I'm bad at words xd).  I know I already said this, but that's why I like votes like this, if we made a questionable decision with changing something on the servers and people dont like it then by all means bring it to attention like this and we are more than willing to change it back to however you want it. ?

Last time we tried to remove something that was fun for the casual nerds, it got rejected hard. That was kinda the point of my post xd

In all honesty, RTD is more frustrating than critical hits. I'm totally down for removing the plugin completely.

1 hour ago, Tatost said:

Last time we tried to remove something that was fun for the casual nerds, it got rejected hard. That was kinda the point of my post xd

In all honesty, RTD is more frustrating than critical hits. I'm totally down for removing the plugin completely.

That would have to be in a separate vote of course. For now, let's focus on this thread.

Would also like to remind everyone that it's not as simple as just shoving the plugin back onto the server. There will be bugs just like this one that we have now in the process of where we get it back to normal.

Edited by Kypari (see edit history)