ScottNi

Casual Boost

So I heard some people talking about implementing the new casual boost system. Overall I disagree. I feel it would mess up a lot of things in maps, for one Clouds would be literally unplayable. Every round people would boost out of their cells and take the ump secret or give a free day. This is one MAJOR example but quite a bit of other maps might have consequences. Idk what are your thoughts?

I like the idea of boosting. Also have good guards to prevent dying to ump and call out of cell rebel to stop freedays. I think the addition of boosting will add a new element to jb that would make it more fun to play.

It would ruin some aspects of maps but I also think it would be interesting for Ts to use teamwork to rebel. Maybe its enabled on some maps while disabled on others?

36 minutes ago, Bumpy said:

It would ruin some aspects of maps but I also think it would be interesting for Ts to use teamwork to rebel. Maybe its enabled on some maps while disabled on others?

I totally agree. On certain maps, it's a hard no. But with everything else, I think it could be an interesting implementation 

It's turned on for now, but in order to make it work collision with the opposite team had to be turned on. It's disabled on LR so collision with the other team will still work as normal for LR, but not earlier in the round.

If it becomes a problem, it can be disabled later but i'll leave it like this for a while at least

The only real issue I have noticed with this, is if a CT participates in a map game that has a tele at the end, the CT and T that teleport will be stuck because of collisions. Nothing too crazy considering most CTs that participate in that sort of stuff are basically submitting themselves to death anyway. It mostly becomes an issue when multiple Ts tele with one CT,  the knife will not actually hit the CT because they are also stuck in a teammate. At that point the only fix is for the CT to slay or staff to start using teleport commands.

45 minutes ago, Jaydow said:

@BullseyeX told me that by crouching at the fail water pools of some surfs people will teleport back and die. think it was moonjail?

Yeah in moonjail if you just sit there at the start of surf and wait the people who fail die die from fall damage after respawning onto your head

18 minutes ago, Dannypicacho said:

"oh I'm so bad at the game that I need collisions disabled to get a backstab"

The plugin is fine. Keep it.

basically but this plugin makes lr's more difficult and map games for T's is toxic when me and tope were doing race i could just crouch and he would fail since he would smack my head aand fall off

Edited by Brady1780 (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, Brady1780 said:

basically but this plugin makes lr's more difficult and map games for T's is toxic when me and tope were doing race i could just crouch and he would fail since he would smack my head aand fall off

pretty sure it's turned off on LR so darrth can still get his no-skill backstabs

also stealing my forum signature? that's fake johngalt always capitalizes names