Precious

Live And Learn.

Let me start off by saying that I am by no means trying to start drama or attack anyone by making this. I am simply making this to discuss something that has been bugging me for a while now. Buckle up boys, this is gonna be a long one.

Now, with that out of the way, I'll get on with what I was going to say. In recent weeks on both the servers and forums, I've seen people making some hasty decisions in the moment out of pure anger, sorrow, or loneliness that they later on regret, and it lands them in hot water. And I'm not innocent of this. In the past, I've said and done terrible things to people I care about because I am driven in the moment by blind rage. It's how I nearly lost my friend Skelly, how I got demoted to Moderator, and how I almost got completely demoted down to Non-Member altogether. I admit that perhaps one of my greatest flaws is that I sometimes let my emotions cloud my judgement, and only realize the fault of my actions when the damage is already done. Not a day goes by when I wish I didn't take my anger out on Skelly. Not only can I never be trusted the same way again by the other staff and higherups, but I also nearly destroyed my friendship with a guy who didn't deserve what I said to him.

But could've would've should've, the past is the past and nothing can change that. All you can do now is try to improve, so that your future may be brighter. When I first got demoted, I was once again almost driven by emotion, this time sorrow, to leave xG and never come back. But I slept on it, and gave myself some time to clear my mind before making a decision. I didn't end up leaving (obviously, or I wouldn't be here writing this), instead, I did my best to make things right, both with the higher ups and my friends. Now look where I am! I'm right back where I was, and I've learned lots of great things to help me improve.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I understand that in the moment, it's easy to let your emotions control you. Something might make you angry and you might take it out on others in xG. You might feel depressed or lonely, and feel like no one here on xG cares for you, so you leave. But believe me when I say you don't want to do that. Clear your mind, go for a walk, take a nap, get some food, listen to music, or do whatever you must to soothe yourself. It's easy to let your emotions get ahold of you, but it's difficult to come back to xG and get membership after you stomp out in blind rage. In my opinion, xG is one of the friendliest communities I've ever been a part of, and I've made so many good friends and had so much fun. Don't let your emotions ruin what you have here. If you feel lonely, I promise there is someone, somewhere on our servers that cares about you and will miss you if you go. Heck, I miss everyone who goes, even if I didn't particularly know/like them. I like to believe we have something here for everyone, and it sucks when someone leaves because they feel left out or unappreciated. 

Hehe, look at me, trying to sound all deep and smart and stuff. But I mean it, don't let your emotions control what you do. Every mistake can be fixed, every bond can be mended, and every wrong can be set right. Don't let one tiny setback drive you to destroy everything you have here on xG, or in your life, for that matter. Because no matter what you believe, we care about you, and will miss you if you go. If no one else will, then I will. That's a promise.?

-Precious

I wish more people were able to have this mentality when it comes to making mistakes. Making stupid mistakes and messing up is part of being a human, no one is going to be perfect and make the right decision all the time. At the same time though, you need to be able to move on from the fact that you made a mistake, and not dwell on what you did. 

People don't like making the same mistakes over and over again, so being able to take a breather and just back away is huge. It lets you see what you did wrong and try to change it, to improve.