Precious

Favorite TGH Map Types?

Favorite TGH Map Types?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following map types do you enjoy most?

• I enjoy maps that are chill, wide open environments so I can explore, socialize, and chill (example: Hyrule, Cyberpunk, Saturn Valley)
    • I enjoy maps that lean more on the serious side, with emphasis on chokes, teamwork, and pushing (example: Bunker, Clocktown, Seabed)
    • I enjoy maps that allow quick and fun PvP without too much emphasis on chokes or exploration (Rogueport, Aquatic Ruin)

While I was on our Trade Gaming History server earlier today, I was talking with some other people about what maps they liked and disliked on the server. Needless to say, everyone had their own opinions. Some people said they really enjoyed the competitive, serious maps like Bunker, while others really liked maps like Hyrule for how chill they are and how much there is to explore. And some liked a mix, maps that aren't too serious but still promote fun and quick PvP. 

I'm making this poll because I'm curious to know, what kind of maps do you all enjoy most on TGH? The serious, choke heavy maps like Bunker? The chill ones like Hyrule? The happy mediums like Rogueport? I'm hoping to not only know where the majority lies, but I also think it'd be great to know for the future, so we know what the general community prefers before we add new maps. If you'd like to go more into detail about what you like in a map, please do let me know! Everyone's input matters! ?

My favorite maps currently.

Not in order; Aquatic , Rogueport, Duketown, Frantic, Minecraft realms, Clocktown, Delivery, Megaman (Cap on only), Rusty bucket, and I might be forgetting couple more but fuck it. 

Edited by Red (see edit history)

Personally, I find that having a mix of competitiveness, exploration and casual gameplay really helps bring more people to our servers and enables people to have the best time as they can. With a mix all of all 3 main playstyles, where can you go wrong?

Call me mainstream, but, Aquatic, Rogueport and Clocktown are my favourite alongside maps such as Megaman and Lava Giant. I usually stop spawncamping when it gets taken a bit too far, so I try not to include it in the competitive chokepoint area.

I think the majority of people can agree that sometimes it's a load of fun to focus on one of the three named playstyles. Sometimes going to maps like Bunker can be great with the entire team working together to make that big push and dominate the other team. But as a default "I like to do this when I'm in an average mood", a mixtures is best.