Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Forza: Horizon 4

Game Name: Forza: Horizon 4

Image result for forza horizon 4

Platform: 

Xbox One and Windows.

Time Spent: 

20 hours driving + bunch of hours modding and making liveries.

Do you recommend? 

I recommend it to all racing game fans and casual gamers with some interest in cars.

What you rate the game: 

8/10

Initial Thoughts:

The game had an amazing intro, it grabbed my attention coming from Horizon 3 I was blown away with seasons.

Me and my friends were looking for a game that could get us our fix for racing and modding cars. Also some

sweet car meetups.

Gameplay and Story:

Image result for forza horizon 4 map

Game is set in the England where this years Horizon Festival is being held. The Horizon Festival is an all car festival where

cars of all kinds come to race and meet. The game has multiple types of race from Drag to Cross Country, the game also

sports a huge amount of cars (450 at release) that you can tune and mod to your desire.

This iteration of the game also adds season, they add variety to the game as seasons act different. The fastest super car might not handle

well in the snow so you'd have to try different rides and some areas are accessible during different seasons.

The game has a mix of Open world exploration content and by the book races, both are great.

Pros: 

Season - Add variety in game-play and gives it a fresh look each time.

Cars - Variety is great from super cars to cargo trucks.

Many courses

Live Events

Online or Offline

Modding Cars

Creative Hub

Cross-Platform

Cons: 

Seasons are fixed - Season last for a week.

Licensing Issues - No Mitsubishi cars.

No Solo Adventure

Windows Store

Final Thoughts:

This is my go to race game as it has much to offer, making your dream car and racing it Online is a blast. Creative Hub makes it

easy to grab preset modifications and iconic skins for your car.

The map is smaller then the 3rd one but has more content. It is by far one of the best racing games out now for the casual player.

I've sunk countless hours into Horizon 3 and cant wait to spend more time in 4.

image.thumb.png.fabd6f0c5af36bbf5d53a581fb18ec7f.png

Mitsubishis may come as they are adding 2 cars every week.

But the lack of solo adventure is sad. They seem to be forcing all online races to be Team races.

You can do races against Driveatars (A.I) and level up each class of races. For example you could just do rally races and level them up.

It may be confusing what I said about the Solo Adventure as I am referring to Solo Online Races, as they have been taken out because of increased focus on team races.

The game is also by default always online but you can turn it of and go offline only.

12 hours ago, Julian said:

You can do races against Driveatars (A.I) and level up each class of races. For example you could just do rally races and level them up.

It may be confusing what I said about the Solo Adventure as I am referring to Solo Online Races, as they have been taken out because of increased focus on team races.

The game is also by default always online but you can turn it of and go offline only.

Ah, yeah. I was confused at first but I have been playing the game and it's exactly as you said. Still get to buy my dream car, Porsche 911 GT2 RS

I really enjoy this game, I got it with the XBox Game Pass to try it, and I've loved every minute so far.

I played the first three games, and this one is really good. There's some things I don't enjoy as much, but overall it's a solid game.