Arthman

Minecraft Server

Hey guys! Arthman here.

I've heard that the MC server went under and well... that doesn't fly with me. I've asked Aegean and he's allowed me to do so.

Let me begin by introducing myself:

I'm the former Div Leader for the MC division, years ago. I ran a multi-verse server for xG where every map had different mods on it.

I offered Aegean to set up a play server on my side to build it before pushing it live, and he's agreed to look into this with me.

I was wondering what do you guys want server wise!

Please feel free to drop down suggestions and then, when I have enough, I'll run a poll!

multi-world.

I miss the old multi-world days where you didnt have to have people bitching about it being factions or it being towny, because you had both, same server same account you just went through a portal and boom there it is. same ip same account, you go through 1 portal and it loads your multi-world inventory etc., you go through the other it loads your factions inventory.

(Note: I don't play minecraft a lot, I tryhard and get far in insert mode/modpack here for a few weeks and then i pretty much give it up so take my opinion with a grain of salt.)

fun modpacks are always good, a bunch of us burned through FTB Infinity Evolved but pretty much all worked together, something similar but not the exact same pack would be cool to have where it is more open to all of xg, and you can have factions (actual use to all our destructive weapons/magic and OP armor). none of that towny everyone friendly bullshit in these modpacks, they are meant for having epic bases with laser defense and all out war.

Done some basic research, Multi-verse is still functional, so i could get a creative running, a towny running and 1 or 2 other instances (that we would have to decide on)

It's also scalable so if it picks up we can adapt with more.

This is what we needed. I'm down for multiverse server. I would love creative, towny,factions, and hopefully more. 

Arthman the savior of the MC division ?

Bear in mind that I will be setting everything up but the server actually making it live depends on the community wanting to play on it. I was told that the server will be hosted if management thinks it`ll work. Go ahead and get your friends. the more input the better, then I'll have a solid case to bring to management and hopefully push this live.

Whilst i'll be working on that, I'll post screenshots/videos as a teaser.

Since people are fans of Pixelmon, why not add Pixelmon to that? I'm also interested in bringing back Towny, since that shit was lit. @shwash @Thunder @hongkongatron

Too bad some of my towny lads stopped playing ? a t a m o

A couple of xG friends and I play(ed) on a Pixelmon server, which was enjoyable for a time. We got tired of it because the staff members there were absolutely fucking terrible. It'd be nice to have a well-run Pixelmon server for xG.

Edited by Tatost (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, Tatost said:

Since people are fans of Pixelmon, why not add Pixelmon to that? I'm also interested in bringing back Towny, since that shit was lit. @shwash @Thunder @hongkongatron

+1 to pixelmon because of how many people we have in this clan who would be interested in that, since we have a lot of avid pokemon players. cough @bagggel @Vargas @Blizzard @LemonVolt sneeze

9 minutes ago, Tatost said:

Too bad some of my towny lads stopped playing ? a t a m o

A couple of xG friends and I play(ed) on a Pixelmon server, which was enjoyable for a time. We got tired of it because the staff members there were absolutely fucking terrible. It'd be nice to have a well-run Pixelmon server for xG.

Isn't pixelmon a mod pack requiring you to download everything beforehand? It could be done... but would be hard as heck to run through multi-verse

Does it require it's own launcher?

If you guys are interested, we could go on discord tonight (around 9 EST, gotta put my snow tires one before that) and properly discuss everything.

I'm down to properly research everything to get something interesting up and running

@Tatost @HongKonatron

Edited by Arthman (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, Arthman said:

Does it require it's own launcher?

Not necessarily, although people do run the game through TechnicLauncher, which basically gives them a modpack so they don't have to hunt for any of the good mods.

The server we played on had multiple Pixelmon servers, Skyblock, and at least one other game mode. I'm sure it's possible to run. I'll be on at 9PM tonight, just remind me with a tag in #general or #minecraft.

Don`t worry about that. I`m starting to set up multiverse tonight, i`ll get the basics down and then I`ll probably push a prod server on my personal machine for the time being.

I`ll have to properly research and test for Pixelmon in a multi-verse, given that pixelmon`s latest build seems to be on 1.12...

I'll get a skyblock (coop no FF) working, a towny (FF allowed depending on the zone) and a factions running ASAP, then test the water for more mods.

Factions get boring imo and when I've tried to play in the past, everyone is so far ahead of me that it get put off from the start.

I think something that anyone can start anytime, like hunger games or something with that is replayable and you can drop in anytime without feeling too far back compared to others. I think that would boost the player income and if we advertise our server well, it could bring in new people to the clan.

It really depends on whether you want the server to be popular to people currently in the clan for a few weeks, then get bored and do play other games; or introduce new players to xG and work hard to advertise it well.

Those are my thoughts from past Minecraft xG experiences

35 minutes ago, Tekage said:

Factions get boring imo and when I've tried to play in the past, everyone is so far ahead of me that it get put off from the start.

I think something that anyone can start anytime, like hunger games or something with that is replayable and you can drop in anytime without feeling too far back compared to others. I think that would boost the player income and if we advertise our server well, it could bring in new people to the clan.

It really depends on whether you want the server to be popular to people currently in the clan for a few weeks, then get bored and do play other games; or introduce new players to xG and work hard to advertise it well.

Those are my thoughts from past Minecraft xG experiences

Hunger game could be taken into consideration.