So I was playing on surf_prelude_b3p and was shooting out of spawn (to try and tpose) and got kicked. This is pretty ridiculous considering this isn't even an arena map and I couldn't shoot a player I could damage. I think we should change he rule a little bit and change it to maps where you can only damage enemy players. That's all this just got me angry and I thought it was stupid and said that and they said to go on the forums so I did.

Edited by DepressedNeonNepp
I can't type on mobile (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, Kypari said:

Shooting out of spawn baits staff regardless. It's fine.

Aside from this it creates needless wordiness and exemptions that would really only serve to confuse people more on when certain things are allowed.
It might be a little inconvenient on the less impactful maps but it is easier for everyone that way.

I don't think we should change the rule but if he was shooting out of spawn and it's physically impossible to damage enemy players then why punish him? The rule was set in place to prevent players from damaging others and to prevent them from bothering people while surfing so I find the punishment super unnecessary.

The rule is in place so even in the situation that you can't hit people that are on their own side of the surf, that it just doesn't happen period.  A lot of the maps have teleporters that go to the other teams spawn, in which case you can still accidentally shoot people that are surfing.  The rule won't be changing unless there is massive community demand for it, but as it stands it is the best course of action to prevent people from getting shot on ramps.

~Closed