hongkongatron

Add Politics Channel to Discord

Add politics channel?  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Add it?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/04/18 at 02:03 AM

Now that we’re off of this horrendous fucking trainwreck of a ride, lets get right back on with a politics channel.

Before its blessed deletion, #shitposting was often used for political discussion (which wasnt really allowed elsewhere). #politics could easily fall under the same category that sports and technology are in. 

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Edited by hongkongatron (see edit history)

Whilst I can see why on TF, at least, we don't allow talking about politics, I really think that it should be treated like a normal discussion. Can't keep your cool and get mad during the discussion? Get that mute/ban on. I'm not sure about there being a whole channel dedicated to politics, but I definitely think we should be more lenient on the topic as a whole.

Politics is something that should be encouraged as healthy discussion and or debate. with that in mind however look at your audience and tell me honestly that there would be healthy discussion and or debate instead of "no you're fucking stupid you libtard cuck" "i bet you suck trumps dick too". While I am all for discussing politics in a proper way, I don't see that in really any gaming community save for oddly specific communities I used to play in. (=]H[= back in the Project Reality for BF2 Days where members had to be verified as 21 and above and go through heavy in game and ventrillo scrutiny is one that comes to mind)

for proof why politics is not a thing that should ever happen in xG, read the above posts from brady frosty and lan

Edited by Chrono (see edit history)

Yeah no this is just going to be #shitposting all over again. You guys do realize that if you want to do things you aren't allowed to do in xG, you can always like, you know, make your own Discord, right? 

Edited by Precious
typo lol (see edit history)

I really do not think that having a political channel would have the results that would be desired. There's a reason why we normally don't allow major talk about politics, it's very prone to breaking out into argument due to how different the view points other people can have are. I agree with Chrono that it is possible for politics to be talked about maturely but that is something I fairly rarely ever see.

Keeping any "serious" discussion thread on-track in forums is already a stretch. I can't imagine how much worse it would be in a channel on Discord.

I share the skepticism of everyone else who has posted saying as much here, it just isn't really worth it. Besides, I don't think our rules prevents anyone from discussing that stuff publicly in any given channel to begin with, though please correct me if I'm wrong.

25 minutes ago, Forest said:

Besides, I don't think our rules prevents anyone from discussing that stuff publicly in any given channel to begin with, though please correct me if I'm wrong.

"Do not bring up or make remarks to political stances, religions, leaders, nations, or touchy subjects." in the community rules, also in the #rules-faq channel in discord

5 minutes ago, Lithium said:

"Do not bring up or make remarks to political stances, religions, leaders, nations, or touchy subjects." in the community rules, also in the #rules-faq channel in discord

Tyty.

Wasn't sure if the same rules applied to our Discord server, good to know. Please disregard my comment [regarding political banter] in that case :coffee: