Bags

Remove Random Crits?

Remove Random Crits?  

33 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Remove the ability of random crit with melee weapons?

• Yes
    • No

+1 throwing an rng aspect into a shooting game is really dumb it takes skill and throws it out the window, for an example one person could be much more skillful than another person than just out of the blue right before the skillful player wins a random crit comes out of the blue absolutely destroying the skillful player while leaving the other person laughing because he got lucky. Just putting rng in a first person shooter is ridiculous I have been killed by so many scouts because they pressed mouse1 and then hit me with 3 times damage out of the blue destroying my health, its very aggravating and overall a negative thing to happen due to the negativity bias. "Your brain is simply built with a greater sensitivity to unpleasant news." In which the unpleasant news is that random crit.

"this isn't a competitive server!!!! random crits should be allowed because I cannot kill people without them!!!"

In all seriousness, random crits are absolutely retarded in an FPS. Skill-based critical hits (headshots) are fine since they don't make you think "I seriously shouldn't have been killed by that brainless ape of a heavy." Too bad TF2 is a really bad game in multiple ways, so we don't have critical hit headshots for all weapons like CS:GO or Overwatch do. ?‍♀️

Since so many threads have been made urging the higher-ups to remove random crits, could we not take a test run for a week or so? It wouldn't hurt anyone to at least test the idea before actually putting it in use. It seems like people think that removing random crits turns the server 100% competitive, which is most definitely not the case. It's the same old trade server with a couple of people there just to have fun and stomp some kiddies. I highly doubt that people will actually miss critical hits on melee, since no one pulls them out unless they're going for a triple jump using the Atomizer, or baiting some idiot in with the Ubersaw.

Edit: I actually thought the messages would merge here like they usually do wtf happened >: (

Edited by Tatost (see edit history)