nuen

Bluez_ - xG, a Retrospective.

Hi Everyone, before I begin I want to preface the following.

I am not a perfect person,

-I've spammed

-I've been toxic

-I am not perfect

I don't want to come of that way, especially as I don't plan on coming back here anytime soon. I'm gonna talk about my time with xG, if your not interested. Don't read it, I don't care.

Introduction:

I joined xG in early 2017, as a suede-toxic idiot, who didn't hesitate to argue, some might still call me that. As much as I disagree to that, they have the right to their opinion. I eventually tried to go for member, and after that failed, I changed my act a bit, and eventually got member. I've only been in TF2, and the Discord regarding xG Over the almost 2 years I've been here, this is what I have to say:

Administration:

While this was more true in the past compared to now, TF2 administration is a roll of the dice, sometimes people will get muted for a phone ringtone going off the backround, or maybe their mic isn't the best quality, regardless, mutes are questionable to say the least. 

Arguments on mic will often get one of the two parties muted, what decides who's muted? Not how right someone, how toxic they are, etc. It's how close one is to the admin, as an example, a man simply said he liked a map, someone (a member on the server) started yelling at them, not only saying they hated the map, but the person as well, for no other reason then they liked the map, when an admin was called, the former was muted, because he asked to rtv to that map, and when he asked why he was muted he was gagged. While I'm not gonna name names because I don't want to start conflicts with the ladder again, this behavior wasn't limited to then. One time I was muted when I never spoke, I was then unmuted, when the admin realized that it was simply voices in his own house.

When it comes to the discord, the toxicity is off the charts, however, once again, I won't name names. Like mentioned before though, the rule of "whoever the admin knows better wins the argument" is still here as well.

Admins following rules:

-Admins commonly abuse power, never game breaking (without a vote at least),but regardless it's a problem.

-(While this is less of a problem now) Admins quite frequently had lewd sprays that were disgusting, and wouldn't censor some extremely lewd, or outright disgusting sprays, because "they didn't show anything."

-Admins will sometimes forget their tags, causing many people to be confused.

-etc.

"Your a member! And your a member!"

The requirements to become a member a minimal, and it feels like anyone can get it if they put a seconded of effort (myself included).

Conclusion:

I'd love to write more, but I gotta go. As much as I love going on the maps, and hanging out with the people on the servers, it's just not worth being here anymore. Also, remember how I said I wouldn't name names? Well, I figured that since I'm leaving, (at least for now), I might as well just give a quick final statement to people, so enjoy.

-Seg-Great example of a mod who can do his job, but have fun with it. Enjoy your pyramid scheme, dealer.

-Pencil-No!

-Grape-Despite how it may seem, I like your content, keep it up.

-Tatost-Quit the attitude, I've seen you be chill before

-Myagic-I don't really know you well, but congrats, your the last magic standing.

-Brutarri-Don't ever unequip the duck journal.

-Bonfire-Your chill, but I just to make sure my last words to you are "Gay Bonfire Gaming"
-Kypari-Thanks for being calm and collected about how you administrate, keep it up.

Cheers.

8 hours ago, Bluez_ said:

While this was more true in the past compared to now, TF2 administration is a roll of the dice, sometimes people will get muted for a phone ringtone going off the backround, or maybe their mic isn't the best quality, regardless, mutes are questionable to say the least.

If someone's ringtone is going off in the background multiple times then it's definitely a cause for being muted for micspam, but that would only be if they didn't follow instructions to turn their phone on mute/vibrate.

Admins following rules:

-Admins commonly abuse power, never game breaking (without a vote at least),but regardless it's a problem.

-(While this is less of a problem now) Admins quite frequently had lewd sprays that were disgusting, and wouldn't censor some extremely lewd, or outright disgusting sprays, because "they didn't show anything."

-etc.

I don't see any abuse whatsoever on the servers. If they do a vote and 70% say yes, it's entirely justified. Not entirely sure what abuse you are referring to but if you want to PM me about some stuff that would be great! In terms of the sprays, we actually touched up the rules a few months ago which made sprays stricter and people couldn't get away with lewd sprays that didn't violate the rules exactly. Finally, for admins forgetting their tags, all staff make mistakes and small ones like that are usually adjusted within minutes of being on the server. When we play other games, sometimes we don't like to have our tags in, such as when me and my friends play Dead By Daylight and we don't want the other team knowing that we are a pre-made lobby.

-Kypari-Thanks for being calm and collected about how you administrate, keep it up.

Thanks for the kind words dude, I really appreciate it! Give me a message about some names if you want to!

Are you quitting xG or taking a break?

Well Im sad to see you go. I'm gonna miss getting dominated by you on bunker. Farewell good friend but I have one question for you, are you taking a long break or saying goodbye forever? Which ever one it is I will be sad to see you go. Best of luck with your future endeavors, you are a good person. I only wish the best for you.

Oh boy, here we go. 

For starters, I would like to mention that just like you, staff are not perfect. We all can make mistakes and bad calls from time to time, but we usually learn from them and improve. That being said, I know that there have been times where some actions and mutes can seem questionable. However, I believe most of that has died down, and staff have become a lot less strict about that stuff. People aren't muted because of a "roll of the dice", we have specific rules on what is and isn't allowed on mic and in chat. And while some staff are a bit more strict about it than others, I believe for the most part, we have enforced these rules the fairest we can. If you disagree, you can always record and submit proof of someone abusing their power.

I'd say the same about the arguing thing. From what I've seen, most staff are pretty chill about arguments and discussions. Unless things get really heated or they start breaking rules with their argument, I've rarely seen anyone get muted for arguing. At most, we usually have to step in and break it up, because it's getting annoying for everyone to listen to. But hey, that's just what I've seen. 

On 10/30/2018 at 10:01 PM, Bluez_ said:

Admins following rules:

-etc.

I have no idea what you're talking about with the "admins commonly abuse power". In my entire time being a staff member, I've only seen a few cases of people abusing their power in malicious ways. Again, if you disagree, you can always record it going on and submit proof of it happening, so it can be dealt with. Ranting about it with no proof only makes you look bad and won't change anything.

I also don't even know why you're mentioning the spray thing. That happened many months ago, you even say yourself that "this is less of a problem now", so I don't know why you're bringing this up unless you're trying to stir up old drama. Yes, there have been problems with sprays over time, but for the most part, things have been more clarified and everyone is on the same page on what is and isn't allowed in a spray. Don't blame current staff for something that happened a while ago.

No offense, but you're really grasping for straws if you think staff not having tags in their name is a serious problem. Besides the fact that sometimes staff have to remove their tags to deal with a calladmin, staff members not having tags in their name has been extremely rare. And even if it wasn't, I don't see how that's a big problem. It's a simple fix and not that confusing.

Also, I'd like to talk about the problem of "bias" and "favoritism". These terms get thrown around almost every time some kind of drama involving staff pops up. I don't know if you guys realize this, but no human can be 100% unbiased. Despite this, I believe the current staff are good at maintaining a middle ground and not picking favorites, so that things can be resolved fairly. And as said before, if you witness someone making an obviously biased choice or feel like you have been discriminated against, then you should gather evidence and make a report about it.

In conclusion, I'd like to say I'm sorry that you have problems with xG. Again, we aren't a perfect clan, there is no such thing. But I like to think that we all try our best to keep the servers and forums in good shape. I disagree with you on many of your beliefs about staff and such, but we are both entitled to our own opinions, and I am an Admin myself after all, so maybe I am a little biased. In the future, I would recommend that if you have a problem with something like staff abuse, record it or gather evidence, then take it up with higher ups. Otherwise, nothing will change, and it will just seem like you're trying rustle people up and start drama. And lord knows we have enough of that here nowadays. 

But anyways, I wish you the best of luck on whatever you do next. While I may have sounded critical here, I do genuinely hope you come back. -Precious

I mean everyone can have an opinion on staff because of how they first interact with them. 

I personally really like XG and think there’s very little to fix, if you are a nice person to people then you won’t get muted or banned. 

When you have a bad first experience with someone then you will think of them that way forever.

ive seen you a couple of times and you seemed like a funny egdelord so it’s sad that I won’t get to see you anymore. 

Good luck with your new plans, whether that’s a new clan, school, or getting better at games (even though you dominated me).