General_Beret

General_Beret - Team Fortress 2

1 hour ago, FrostyBoiGrim said:

Segger is only used to provoke @SegFault because he thinks it's somehow too similar to the N word when it really isn't.

Ah see there's a trick to this that's used by him and a few others. If you pronounce the e as an i and blame it on your speech, its a loop hole to the hard R. I say that because that's what happens when certain people say it on mic.

And either way, that seems oddly like trolling/ harrassment to me ?

13 hours ago, SegFault said:

. Your antisemitic, racist, and homophobic tendencies I believe speak enough to say -1, but due to the lack of hard evidence, I will elaborate a bit more. You have publicly said on our surf server that many of your views align with that of white power fronts in historical and modern times 

Wow that seems terrible. In my opinion you don’t say stuff like that about people, it’s irresponsible and downright dangerous in certain circumstances in today’s world but especially without complete proof of the incidents of this. 

Regardless of who’s in the right or wrong, you don’t say stuff to that extent about people, those words are enough to ruin someone’s career. 

I know I’m not a member but my vouch would have been neutral either way.

11 hours ago, FrostyBoiGrim said:

Also that whole nickname thing. Segger sounds nothing like the N word. Snigger sounds like the N word. Nippers sounds like the N word. Niger, Bigger, Jigger, Wiggler all sound like the N word.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg.5dcdebc30a7d55d8e6cf59f6120ff567.jpg

You know you just described loop-holing right? You know that is what that is called right? When someone calls some a 'tigger', them saying that they used a t instead of an n is not a valid defense. Especially if the context shows that it was meant to be loop-holing. Also, if a staff member (really anyone) tells you they do not want to be called something they find offensive, it is generally in your best interest to stop. 

At any rate, while I do trust Seg's opinion, I have not played with you at all so I will remain neutral. I do suggest however, that you seek to improve how others see you. Just try to be more respectful and don't antagonize others in the servers.

Edited by Topaz (see edit history)

12 hours ago, FrostyBoiGrim said:

Also that whole nickname thing. Segger sounds nothing like the N word. Snigger sounds like the N word. Nippers sounds like the N word. Niger, Bigger, Jigger, Wiggler all sound like the N word. Segger is only used to provoke @SegFault because he thinks it's somehow too similar to the N word when it really isn't.

So you +1 him? I'm totally lost, that's all the more reason to -1 him for trolling and harassment.

-1 Lacks in maturity and is disrespectful. Definitely want to see improvements before +1'ing as this is far too soon.

16 hours ago, SegFault said:

Ah see there's a trick to this that's used by him and a few others. If you pronounce the e as an i and blame it on your speech, its a loop hole to the hard R. I say that because that's what happens when certain people say it on mic.

And either way, that seems oddly like trolling/ harrassment to me ?

Again, I don't really mean the word as an insult, besides it's a dumb word. I called Nutty a "pansexual" several for using the frying pan on surf and didn't get offended and took it as a joke, I called Krampus a "gaylord" (although he's bisexual) a few days ago and he didn't acknowledge it. 

Edited by General_Beret
wanted to add more (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Kypari said:

is disrespectful. Definitely want to see improvements before +1'ing as this is far too soon.

Believe me, when I say things like calling Krampus a gaylord, or seg a "segger", I don't actually mean them. And not to mention that even @SegFault himself said disrespectful things that I didn't bother talking to the staff about it. Again, i'll halt all of the offensive language and comments that I make to the players and members in the community.

6 minutes ago, General_Beret said:

Again, I don't really mean the word as an insult, besides it's a dumb word. I called Nutty a "pansexual" several for using the frying pan on surf and didn't get offended and took it as a joke, I called Krampus a "gaylord" (although he's bisexual) a few days ago and he didn't acknowledge it. 

? ? ? ?heccin pans hot af smh ? ? ? ?

But uhh on topic, I've seen ya be one of the best people on the server being great and whatnot, but I have also seen the horribly insensitive bigoted stuff from you before. Now I have not seen that recently enough personally to justify a -1, but I don't particularly feel comfortable with a +1 atm. So I'll just leave a neutral here and suggest being a bit more respectful when relevant.

3 minutes ago, General_Beret said:

Believe me, when I say things like calling Krampus a gaylord, or seg a "segger", I don't actually mean them. And not to mention that even @SegFault himself said disrespectful things that I didn't bother talking to the staff about it. Again, i'll halt all of the offensive language and comments that I make to the players and members in the community.

It was very clear that Seg didn't like that term in the first place. I am aware of some of the disrespectful things that @SegFault said and talked personally to him myself. It's much easier to not get member than it is to lose member, especially being a DM.

Oh and I forgot to mentioned that Elcark was a bit of a jerk a few times when he was DL. Skelly too (no beef btw) when he was staff. Not trying to point them out as being bad people. What i'm trying to say is that we all have our own faults because we're all human, especially if its someone with administrative authority. We can heal from our wounds if we can give ourselves a chance to redeem ourselves.

Edited by General_Beret
Changing a few things (see edit history)

On 10/31/2018 at 8:37 PM, General_Beret said:

Concerns of me being member once again for the shitty jokes that I make? 

I think this is more than enough reason to be concerned, whether or not they are taken as a joke or not, if there's a member making racist, sexist, etc jokes then it's not going to leave a good mark for the clan at all. 

On 10/31/2018 at 8:53 PM, General_Beret said:

And besides, I am only apply for member, that's it. It's not like getting member actually means anything, it's just a title with no authority. 

This ties in with my above point, if you don't care about membership in the first place then how can we be sure that you won't abuse our trust if we did end up giving you member and spew out all sorts of defamatory comments just as an example.  This sentence that I quoted seals the deal for me personally, I just can't be confident enough giving you any sort of positive vouch until we see you actually care about membership.  I've seen a lot of people say membership doesn't matter, and it doesn't have any authority, well.  The fact of the matter, is that members are the ones that build this community, higherups may add things or remove things, or adjust as requested,  and the staff team as a whole enforces the rules put in place and tries their best to make the servers a fun and enjoyable place to be, but otherwise most of what is done is completely the communities decision as an entirety(votes, etc).  Members are also the biggest group that represents the clan as a whole, so when people wonder what xG is, you are the one that is really showing who and what we are, and poor behaviour, negativity can only lead one to believe that the entire clan is that way, even if it really isn't.

On 10/31/2018 at 10:44 PM, FrostyBoiGrim said:

He stands proud with an unpopular opinion and isn't afraid to have others mock him for it, which is something we can all learn from.

I can agree that he holds his opinion even if people hate on him for it, however that could be avoided entirely if that opinion was voiced more calmly and less aggressively.

On 10/31/2018 at 10:44 PM, FrostyBoiGrim said:

Also that whole nickname thing. Segger sounds nothing like the N word. Snigger sounds like the N word. Nippers sounds like the N word. Niger, Bigger, Jigger, Wiggler all sound like the N word. Segger is only used to provoke @SegFault because he thinks it's somehow too similar to the N word when it really isn't.

This has already been elaborated on by several others, but it's worth noting that in a situation like this, when a word is clearly provoking someone and making them upset, there comes a point when it's time to stop using the word, especially when it's being used just to bug them.  You also note that Segger sounds nothing like the N word, and yet it's clearly the message you are trying to get across that it IS when it's used in such context.  To put it short, respect eachother and realize when you've gone too far, I would expect you especially to know this @FrostyBoiGrim .

You're membership application has been denied, feel free to reapply in a month.

Edited by Caleb956
words (see edit history)