Counter-Strike
  • In-Game Name
    Goldfish
  • Identity
    STEAM_0:1:126412160
  • Ban Type
    Server Ban
  • Information

Apparently i'm not aloud to have quiet music in the background while I talk because I was banned for it. What happened is I was initially kicked for having faint music in the background. Me knowing better that i'm very much aloud to have music in the background as long as its not mic spamming or extremely obnoxious, I got back on and fought my case for about 2 min or so before I got so heated that I straight up told bonk, "I'm playing music that you can't hear ban me." So then I got banned for 24 hours. Although I don't have evidence you can ask bonk and he will agree with the story but of course just not exactly as i'm sure we both have are own opinions of what happened.

9 minutes ago, Lottamos said:
  • Division
    Counter-Strike
  • In-Game Name
    Goldfish
  • Identity
    STEAM_0:1:126412160
  • Ban Type
    Server Ban
  • Information

Apparently i'm not aloud to have quiet music in the background while I talk because I was banned for it. What happened is I was initially kicked for having faint music in the background. Me knowing better that i'm very much aloud to have music in the background as long as its not mic spamming or extremely obnoxious, I got back on and fought my case for about 2 min or so before I got so heated that I straight up told bonk, "I'm playing music that you can't hear ban me." So then I got banned for 24 hours. Although I don't have evidence you can ask bonk and he will agree with the story but of course just not exactly as i'm sure we both have are own opinions of what happened.

-1 the problem was "I got back on and fought my case"

you shouldn't argue with staff i know bonk may have been a little harsh to ban for a little bit of music but i'm sure it was necessary if he did.

you weren't banned for the music in the background (although that is what I initially warned/muted/kicked you for), you were banned for arguing with not only me, but multiple other staff members as well. when they told you the same thing I did you told them the same thing - "you can't punish me for having music on in the background!" if you read the ban on SourceBans, it doesn't say "playing music in the background," it says "arguing, ignoring admins" which was why I banned you

keep in mind this music wasn't 'quiet' or 'faint', it was loud enough to the point where a) I could tell it was Enter Sandman by Metallica and b) it was hard to understand you. that is why I asked you to turn it off; if someone has a bad microphone or something in the background that can make it difficult to understand them (read: music) then staff members are by all means allowed to ask them to either fix it or to stop using their mic (unless this has changed since I was an admin, but it hasn't to my knowledge)

it's a 24 hour ban, wait it out. 

@Dannypicacho @Jaydow

Edited by Bonk (see edit history)

if anyone needs more context, someone was micspamming and someone of the staff told them to stop or they'd get muted/banned/kicked or something or other and goldfish says "so if I play music does that count as micspamming" and after I told him yes, as well as not to do it because he knows full well that it's micspamming, he does it anyways in the background. I asked him to stop (he didn't) so I muted him, told him directly to turn it off or stop using his mic. Unmuted him, it was still on, I kicked him with the message "turn the music off". He rejoined and the first words out of his mouth were "are you trolling me?" I told him no, I wasn't, and that the music in the background was an issue and from there he argued with me that it wasn't and continuously tried to loophole his way out of a punishment, and I banned him. (fyi I was only going to have the first ban as 10 minutes, but admin discretion comes before moderator and danny had said 24 hours so I went with that)

sorry for double post, I couldn't edit in time

Edited by Bonk
bad wording (see edit history)

You got banned for arguing with staff but he could have muted you is your response?  that is out right stupid, staff arnt baby sitters you broke rules were punished twice then came back and fought with them over it then got banned i see nothing wrong here, 24 hours is a bit much but knowing its you and this is normal, from what i have seen of you, the 24 hours is totally justified.

Edited by Duke
being bad (see edit history)

From the sound of things you knew that you had music in the background but continued to play it even though you were warned. You shouldn't have been banned for a day, but you definitely should have been team banned from CT and Muted for an hour. 

I read that my vouch doesn't count unless im a member so its just my word at this point but if a staff member tells you to do something that is just decency to other people on the server or rule breaking then do it. Otherwise you are going to be banned repeatedly.

Hopefully you hop back on and have fun tomorrow ?

Edited by Queelsh
I suck at formatting (see edit history)

-1, you've already lied about it to other staff members saying you had proof that you weren't playing music, and continued to argue it after I told you to stop in discord. As @Duke said, we aren't your babysitter but if you want to continue to be childish and immature, by all means it seems like a 'time-out' from the servers is what is needed, and knowing that this is a long standing issue, recognized by higher ups, including me,  lithium, and agean, this seems like a very fair, perhaps even lenient ban time IMO.

Your right, it’s not there job to babysit But a mod shouldn’t be taking unesasary measures to resolve conflict. I feel like there’s a disconnect between people responding here and what actually happened. I was muted for having music in the background. I missed the initial warning of no music in the background because it was casually typed in all chat without even using the all green staff color. After that of course I saw the warnings so I turned my music down and thought someone like bonk wasn’t so ban hungry to go ahead and kick me for having faint music in the background. I could barely even here my music at points. But no bonk is to much of a wuss to handle that so I was kicked. I literally thought he was trolling when I got back on but he wasn’t. Of course it was unnecessary the 2nd time so I argued my case for all of 3 min and so for arguing with a irrelevant bitch of a mod and with no warning I was banned for 24 hours for arguing with a mod and it was 24 hours because earlier Danny as a meme told me he was gonna ban me for micspamming again. That threat happened for a totally different argument too. Hopefully this makes it easier for people who were not there to know what happened.

It's not an unnecessary measure. It's a teaching measure. Take the situation you are in and apply it to other things, your schooling for example since you are still in primary (k-12) school. you listen to music in class when it is against rules, you get scolded, perhaps sent outside for 15 minutes. you come back and argue about it with your teacher even though you broke the rules, you get detention. think of mute/kick being scolded and sent outside. and your ban as detention. bonk did nothing wrong in this case and followed the correct written "protocol" you know you were wrong, you know arguing with staff is wrong, yet you continually do it. you think you're funny when you do it but you aren't, it's just annoying. When you sit out for the next day, reflect on just why other members in the community verbally say that they don't like you or why staff frequently ignore you or tell you to shut up (especially in 10 mans when you're being rather obnoxious to your own team) and instead grow up/out of it instead of trying to argue more over something you know is wrong. also @Queelsh the day ban is actually proper in that case and in the case of goldfish who is known to constantly argue with staff is rather lenient as he has actually been able to avoid punishment for a few things.

Not getting unbanned due to the context and your history, but I would not have banned you a whole day over such an issue. If you ever have a problem, feel free to message a higher-up if you want a second opinion.

For everyone here, getting back on to dispute a kick or a mute is not grounds to be banned. That being said, the way YOU try to dispute just ruins the server experience for everyone which is why I'm not unbanning you. You knew exactly what you were doing by playing music in your background despite previous warnings, and you were just baiting staff.

Play on our servers to have fun, stop causing unnecessary conflict. 

~Closed

9 hours ago, Lottamos said:

Makes no sense to me why if you had a problem you couldn’t of just silenced me.

7 hours ago, Lottamos said:

But a mod shouldn’t be taking unesasary measures to resolve conflict

Just to add on a bit, considering you have had a significant history of arguing with staff in the past still haven't learned not to, a day ban is COMPLETELY justified.