Queelsh

Dynamic Ip Problems

My "friend" has been quite of a cock and decided to Dos me multiple times over the few weeks and im trying to change my IPow. 

I know i have a dynamic ip address so i was gonna try just finding my mac address, going to my providers ettings and calling it a day but this happenedimage.thumb.png.d999c508b076ab846f4958ae98a82082.png

Im not experianced enough (cuz im a script kiddie) to solve this. Anyone else know how?

If you have a dynamic IP, you should just be able to restart your router and it will allocate you a new one.

No point in finding your mac address, that's local to your network, anyone outside your network won't be able to see that (or your internal IP).

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

If you have a dynamic IP, you should just be able to restart your router and it will allocate you a new one.

No point in finding your mac address, that's local to your network, anyone outside your network won't be able to see that (or your internal IP).

I wanted to find my MAC address because that way I know if shit ever hits the fan I could find it immediately. Restarting your router works and all but I still want to know where to find it. 

That’s why but still thanks man.

4 hours ago, Queelsh said:

I wanted to find my MAC address because that way I know if shit ever hits the fan I could find it immediately. Restarting your router works and all but I still want to know where to find it. 

That’s why but still thanks man.

Lol wtf are you expecting to do with your MAC address "if shit hits the fan"?

37 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Lol wtf are you expecting to do with your MAC address "if shit hits the fan"?

Idk I’ve always had garbage luck with stuff going on with my router, and connection. And it’s always better to know then be in the dark.

15 hours ago, Queelsh said:

Idk I’ve always had garbage luck with stuff going on with my router, and connection. And it’s always better to know then be in the dark.

No, there's just 0 reason that you have to be concerned about what your MAC address is.  Like literally 0 for this scenario.

3 hours ago, Spirit said:

No, there's just 0 reason that you have to be concerned about what your MAC address is.  Like literally 0 for this scenario.

Yeh for this scenario I might need it later and I always like to know multiple ways of doing things.

On 11/2/2018 at 8:30 AM, Spirit said:

No point in finding your mac address, that's local to your network, anyone outside your network won't be able to see that

MAC isnt local. Its machine based, every device has a unique one based on MoBo and network adapter manufacturer. Letting someone have access to your MAC address is a dangerous thing because they could spoof device signatures and essentially steal your identity virtually. @Queelsh windows 10 will automatically spoof your mac for you now so you have nothing to worry about. As for IP, restart your router a few times and it should cycle through some addresses, if not, call your ISP and request that they change it. Absolutely DO NOT trust any third party software that says it will do something like this for you.

Also, the asshole who's DoSing you - how did he get your info to being with? If need be you can message me on discord (Seg Fault#7046) and i can talk about how to handle the situation in depth. 

but in windows to get your mac address, open command prompt and enter

ipconfig /all

then under each device it shows, you'll see a line "physical address" these are the MAC addresses for each network adapter in your machine. You may only have one or 2, or you may have 10.

You can also (in windows 10, again) go to network & internet settings> wifi > make sure "random hardware addresses" is turned on for personal security on wifi

4 hours ago, SegFault said:

MAC isnt local. Its machine based, every device has a unique one based on MoBo and network adapter manufacturer. Letting someone have access to your MAC address is a dangerous thing because they could spoof device signatures and essentially steal your identity virtually. @Queelsh windows 10 will automatically spoof your mac for you now so you have nothing to worry about. As for IP, restart your router a few times and it should cycle through some addresses, if not, call your ISP and request that they change it. Absolutely DO NOT trust any third party software that says it will do something like this for you.

Also, the asshole who's DoSing you - how did he get your info to being with? If need be you can message me on discord (Seg Fault#7046) and i can talk about how to handle the situation in depth. 

By local I mean that it stays within your network, same as your internal IP that you connect to your router with.  Someone outside of your network either knowing your MAC or your internal IP does pretty much ... nothing.

All people outside of your network see are the MAC address and external IP of your router, thanks to NAT.

Focusing on concealing MAC address and internal IP will do absolutely nothing for the OP since the attacker is outside of the network.

Apparently too much time has passed to edit my previous comment but I was going to rephrase the middle section to -

> The only thing people outside your network will see is the external IP address of your router.  They won't even see the MAC of the router since that's overridden by every gateway between the two ends of the connection.

10 hours ago, SegFault said:

Yeh, My friend who introduced me to the server to begin with basically has just been teaching me how to do some stuff and my dumbass decided to let him on my computer when he was at my place and he did some shady shit on my computer (when I say “friend” I was joking Lmao, we play pranks on each other with a group of other friends and this is probs payback for me egging his house but anyway) I think he pulled up my shit while I was in the bathroom and now my internet is being throttled like crazy from 12am sharp to 12 pm sharp. Idk though I’m still pretty new to this stuff and I’d rather not talk about it completely on here. (I added you on dc just now)

On 11/2/2018 at 12:30 PM, Spirit said:

Should be enough to change the IP.

But if it is still happening might recommend checking on the storage drives for some fishy things.

5 hours ago, Julian said:

Should be enough to change the IP.

But if it is still happening might recommend checking on the storage drives for some fishy things.

Yeah I found some fishy stuff on my computer and it litteraly was just throttling my internet for no reason Lmao.