Arthman

List of things to do

Hey guys,

I think it`s only fair to show everybody what's left to do to make the server official:

• Create an actual spawn (i suck at being creative )
  • Adding creative
  • Adding Skyblock
  • Finish permissions (almost done)
  • Add a currency mod that would work with towny
  • Add a shop
  • Donator shop
  • Chat formatting (for ranks and whatnot)
  • Getting a team set up (mods/admin)
  • Setting up server rules (Yeah I'll scrap the old rules as I see fit to make room for more updated rules)

I will be adding more things to this list as needed, aswell as strike stuff that i've done.

IMPORTANTEverybody's inventory will be wiped clean once we actually go live for real. The maps will be deleted. The current state of the server is more of a test realm than anything else. I apologise for the inconveniences this will cause, but it has to be done. I've seen plenty of people running around with tons of diamonds.

@Aegean feel free to add stuff to the list accordingly.

Glad to have a progress thread!

52 minutes ago, Arthman said:

i suck at being creative 

You are in good company, this is why I only ever build into caves or other places, because all my houses all look like the physical embodiment of the color beige.

25 minutes ago, Arthman said:

I'm talking look wise. I can't make stuff look good, I'm not creative.

I know very well how to world edit..

That is what I was saying just world edit a spawn into the world

If you need help with a hub I can help you out. All I need is an idea of what you guys are going for and other bits like that. 

Also skyblock is rather easy to create. It just takes some knowledge on how to connect different servers from a hub. After that you are doing either A) spacing out islands to the point of no feasible human can reach one another without /Tpa.      /TPR (username)permissions or B) having multiple linked worlds.

One more thing. A command block shop is not very hard to set up it just takes time and knowledge of positions and item ids.

or you can use a plugin either one works.

Klure + I will be looking at prebuilt spawns and I will purchase one so we don't need to worry about spawn. If anyone wants to pm me ideas on spawns that I can buy, feel free to message me on discord!

5 hours ago, Aegean said:

Klure + I will be looking at prebuilt spawns and I will purchase one so we don't need to worry about spawn. If anyone wants to pm me ideas on spawns that I can buy, feel free to message me on discord!

I'd much rather build something than buy a spawn.

6 hours ago, Arthman said:

I'd much rather build something than buy a spawn.

I've felt the same way for many years, but honestly we've had one good spawn in the past 6 years in xG, and that's because ruki, supermaddud, klure, jaydow, jubens, hannah and myself spent over a week working on it and constantly tweaking it so it looks aesthetically pleasing. (It also helped that ruki, supermaddud and klure are super creative).

I'm honestly down to buy spawns that we can tweak since it will take a long time to build aesthetically pleasing spawns, and everytime we trust members to build a spawn, we just get meme'd about how bad it looks.

I'll PM you the spawn for hub, towny and skyzone that I'm thinking of and I'll be doing all the payments myself so it's not an issue.