nuen

Discord - Leveling Bot (Tatsumaki)

Discord - Leveling Bot (Tatsumaki) Continued. (POLL)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Add a leveling bot (Tatsumaki) to the discord? (Make sure to check out the original thread before voting)

• Yes
    • No

Hey everyone, I'm a bit new around here, but when I was in the Discord, I suggested bringing a leveling bot into the Discord.

These bots use a users messages as xp, and over time their level will increase. I go into detail, but click the website link for more info.

These bots, since they encourage messaging more, and often, would obviously be a big help to the discord. Not only that, it would do a number of things for people at different experience levels in the discord, newer members could see who might be a good idea to ask for help in the discord by typing t!rank. More experienced members could use their level as bragging rights and so on. I'll answer a few common questions about the bot bellow.

Does this bot encourage spam? - On paper yes, but I've seen it in a number of discords, in all which, it doesn't seem to encourage spam in the least, newer.

Wouldn't that clutter up the discord with people typing commands? - Commands are rarely used, and a dedicated channel can be made for them, if a user starts to type in a bunch of bot commands, they can be directed towards the channel. 

Why did my wife leave me? - idk

Hope that was enough to prove it to you, links are here.

Website-

TATSUMAKI.XYZ

The capable and helpful Tatsumaki. A Discord bot for XP & levels, moderation, more utilities, fun stuff

Discord Invite- 

GOO.GL

Step up your game with a modern voice & text chat app. Crystal clear voice, multiple server and channel support, mobile apps, and more. Get your free server now!

Have a good day.

1 minute ago, hongkongatron said:

+1, have used this bot for quite a while and it provides a lot of things to do, as well as a competently made levelling system complete with an economy. 

oh yeah, forgot to mention that, it has a bunch of other misc features along with an economy.

Just now, Rabid said:

Add a bot for time online in active channels, So tf2 doesn't use private discords 90% of the time and encourage discord use. 

Only thing I dislike about using the voice channels in the xG discord is that people will just randomly join, scream, and leave in a matter of seconds. It gets annoying, especially when you don't figure out who did it.

29 minutes ago, Tatost said:

Only thing I dislike about using the voice channels in the xG discord is that people will just randomly join, scream, and leave in a matter of seconds. It gets annoying, especially when you don't figure out who did it.

That's why we've been adding bots, to help combatant that, and also adding mods, to help with random people. You're in a community, not your own private server. It's silly that we even migrated to discord, if the tf2 doesn't use it, you guys were one of the major factors, plus voice channels.

so people have told me that i should have made this a poll, while i agree, i couldn't describe it if it was a poll, should i make a separate topic for the poll? or not?

6 minutes ago, nuen said:

so people have told me that i should have made this a poll, while i agree, i couldn't describe it if it was a poll, should i make a separate topic for the poll? or not?

its not mandatory but it is nice to have, we’ve had threads that pass that aren’t polls (i believe the pokecord thread was non-poll)