TheWolfman

Hijack scammer warning

Hey guys, just letting you know that there is a current scam going around where a scammer hacks your account and then proceeds to transfer your items onto their account. They will also text people on the stolen accounts friends list attempting to convince them that they have pending trade bans and the only way they can get the ban removed is by talking to a steam "Admin" and giving them the items that are involved in the ban. Don't be fooled though, there are no "Steam Admins" and if they are affiliated with valve they will have the valve logo on their profile page and they WILL NOT ask you for items if they ever contact you, if at all. The people who are most vulnerable to this scam are the ones without a good amount of account security (such as steam guard mobile authenticator) so I am going to give a few tidbits of advice in order to help you avoid this scam

- If anyone on your friends list texts you with the starting lines "hey, I see that you have a pending ban" or anything along the lines then THEY HAVE BEEN HACKED. Remove them and notify others

- If you ever receive any random adds DO NOT ACCEPT. They could be someone who is attempting to scam you or hijack your account

- Do not click any suspicious links

- If someone on your friends list sends you a photo or gif of them checking your account and showing a trade ban followed by them saying the quote on the first point THEY HAVE BEEN HACKED. Remove them and notify others

- Do not give anyone on your friends list your password EVER, they could be a scammer and if they ask for anything of the sort then remove them and notify others

Further more if there is anybody that is part of the xenogamers community who you know has been hacked because of any of the reasons listed above mention them here, it will allow us to keep track and be aware of whoever falls prey to this scamming method.

Alrighty, Have a good day ❤️

1 hour ago, TheWolfman said:

ban removed is by talking to a steam "Admin" and giving them the items that are involved in the ban.

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago, except there was 3 guys, 2 of them telling me to send my items to a "valve" bot to check if they're duped or not, the third guy basically telling me he "accidentally" reported me for duped items. The "admin" showed a fake gif of him threatening to delete my account, in which I gave him the big middle finger, the 2 others however seemed like normal accounts that had been hacked and might get trade or steam banned sadly.