Nova_

Hello! Tips for a new streamer

Hello, i know this is not really viedeos but this will go fir youtube too. I am a newer streamer on twitch and i was wondering if anybody had any tips? Along woth twitch i want to eventually do youtube but i would like to stick to twitch for now. It would be really nice if someone could give me some tips. Thank you for your time and have a nice rest of your day.

To be a content creator, you usually have to be at least one of three things:

• Very funny
  • High intellect for a specific game
  • A competitive player for that game

It's mostly RNG if you get people or not unfortunately. Best tip I could give you is to stream daily at hours where all the popular streamers aren't streaming and make sure you're going out of your way to make the stream as entertaining as possible.

Don't only stream one game, content will sooner or later get really stale. Try doing game playthroughs, especially with other friends that have good personalities.

Having good music in the background will always be a bonus unless you have in-game music on.

I don't stream fairly often lol @Tatost. Streaming is hard because you'd have to be entertaining 24/7. If grape wants me to stream like botw or something I'll do it, but I don't find myself that funny and I'm under no illusions there. 

What I will say is that something that fucking kills a stream for me is when there's fucking notification text and noises popping up every 40 seconds. I actually can't stand it. Like if you want some text to pop up at the top of your stream and like a little noise or something, fine, but when you've got tts and a bit boss or someone screaming at the top of their lungs as your follow sound I ain't sticking around.  

If you can get friends in a voice chat it also helps cover dead air, which is a big no-no.

12 minutes ago, Bumpy said:

Don't be bumpy.

bumpy do you realize how old this thread is

I'm a fool for questioning your vast knowledge, I surrender myself for disciplinary action.

Edited by Tatost (see edit history)