Tekk

xG Charity Fundraiser

Hey everyone!

@Aegean and I are hosting a charity raffle for a chronic illness called Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (M.E); a life changing disability that turns simple everyday tasks into a marathon. M.E leaves a person constantly fatigued and in devastating pain. Some days, you'll be lying in bed all day, barely able to move, limbs feeling like they're twisting in ways they shouldn't. On a good day, you can walk to the kitchen and back, but that will be all you can do for the day. Unfortunately, my girlfriend suffers with this illness quite severely and is wheelchair bound, can barely attend social events and struggles to make her way to school. There is currently no cure.

Despite all of this, she always has the brightest smile on her face and always stays positive, no matter how difficult coping with this horrible illness can be. She has a passive passion for art and is a fantastic musician that will bring tears to the eyes of even the manliest.

As a bunch of people who donated do not wish to take a part in the raffle, we will donate the raffle prize amounts to the charity as well, and invest in more giveaways in xG throughout 2019!
*Edited by Aegean*

The charity in question is called the M.E Association, which aids people suffering with this chronic illness by providing support, raising awareness and researching into one day finding a cure. 

WWW.MEASSOCIATION.ORG.UK

If you would like to donate, please click on the link above and donate. After donating please message me with a screenshot or post the receipt in this thread so we can figure out the total amount of money raised!

Thank you everyone!

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling47422725_321915888395447_7612735596930269184_n.png?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=5152c746fa568ef70d0d037a4f6c27c6&oe=5CA5CF5C

Edited by virr (see edit history)

Change of plan @virr please remove that link to the website on my post. Website looks seriously dodgy in hindsight. If you have already donated to that website raffle, please let me know.

Please donate directly to the M.E Association and screencapture how much you have sent. You will be entered into the raffle.

6 hours ago, Tekage said:

Change of plan @virr please remove that link to the website on my post. Website looks seriously dodgy in hindsight. If you have already donated to that website raffle, please let me know.

Please donate directly to the M.E Association and screencapture how much you have sent. You will be entered into the raffle.

So virr liked the post, so I guess the link was changed?

Clicking the link in the post takes me here 

WWW.MEASSOCIATION.ORG.UK

and clicking on the link to donate takes me here, which appears to be the same site which looks seriously dodgy?

https://donate.justgiving.com/?uri=aHR0cHM6Ly9kb25hdGUtYXBpLmp1c3RnaXZpbmcuY29tL2FwaS9kb25hdGlvbnMvMDE0ZjlmZTYxOTczNDcwYWFhZGNhZjZkMjhmMzI1YzE=

So how do I donate directly to the charity?

41 minutes ago, james8470 said:

WWW.MEASSOCIATION.ORG.UK

and clicking on the link to donate takes me here, which appears to be the same site which looks seriously dodgy?

https://donate.justgiving.com/?uri=aHR0cHM6Ly9kb25hdGUtYXBpLmp1c3RnaXZpbmcuY29tL2FwaS9kb25hdGlvbnMvMDE0ZjlmZTYxOTczNDcwYWFhZGNhZjZkMjhmMzI1YzE=

you're correct, thats the right link! They just use some service to handle payments i guess

5 hours ago, james8470 said:

WWW.MEASSOCIATION.ORG.UK

That is the correct link ? be sure to screenshot your receipt so I can enter you into the raffle ?

As a result of all donators so far just wanting to donate rather than be entered into the raffle, we have decided that the original prize money will now be donated to the charity.

We hope this isn't an inconvenience to anybody who intended to enter the raffle in the future. We have come to this decision with the consent of all donators so far; we wouldn't get rid of the prize without consulting them first.

Should you donate, please let me know how much you have donated so we can count up how much we have raised. Post your receipts here or pm me them on Discord or Steam, please.

Thanks again, everyone!

5 hours ago, MineCrack said:

opt me out of the raffle 

unknown.png

Thank you both @Thorax_! Just a heads up, this is no longer a raffle as a result of popular demand to donate the raffle prize money to the charity instead, meaning that there has been an extra $120 donated ?

There's only 4 days left (including today) until we wrap things up! If anyone would like to make any final donations, or have claimed they have made a donation but have not sent their receipt, now is the time to start doing so!

Thank you everyone!