Red

Red

2 minutes ago, Red said:
9 minutes ago, DiaperHyperWolf said:

You didn't need to tell me about it and I am happy that you did remove it. I just don't really think that it should have happened in the first place.

Like kpyari said, it was a mistake/accident I didn't realize the custom nametag until you pointed it out. Which i accepted but you do you.

Yes, I understand that mistakes do happen and it does make it better that you didn't intentionally break the rules in that regard. I'm just saying that you should have been able to see that beforehand. Ultimately though I do forgive you for that!

I don't have much time in the servers, so don't take my opinion on this topic as gospel, but I feel like should give my opinion regardless.

From what I've heard you were banned recently, not like yesterday, but still. Wait like 4 more months before going for this. Also, slurs seem to be a common issue for you (which seems to have gotten better).

Aside from that your pretty chill, and considering that I have had no problems with you in the month I've been on the forums, and as long as you keep it professional with how you manage stuff on the servers.

+1

wait this is a real staff app now oh shit

I first met red like a year ago on poketrade and he didn’t say much at the time, but he was still fun to be around. I slowly got to know him through different friend groups, and he’s definitely up there on people I’d like to see be TF2 staff. There should, however, be a period where he gets to prove his reformation and to test the waters (but not be prob. mod). Overall, has fantastic potential as a staff member.

+1

So I was going to stay quiet and not get involved with this but it's whatever, I have a say in this stuff too. So let's put aside our pasts and discuss this maturely.

On one side, I don't think you'd be bad for the role. You're pretty active and you seem to know the rules well enough, and that's good. Those are just some of the most important parts of being a good staff member. You also seem to cooperate well with others and staff when they ask something of you, which is also good.

On the other side though, I've also known that you have a short fuse. I mean no offense by this, I can lose my patience very easily as well. However, if you can't keep your cool in serious situations, it can cause you to lash out and do really regrettable shit. I should know, it's gotten me demoted in the past. I'm not saying not saying you have a toxic personality or anything, I think you're actually pretty friendly and funny. But I know at least one time where you lost your cool and it got you in deep trouble. You and I both know what I'm talking about.

HOWEVER, that was just one time. I don't know you very well and haven't known you for very long. But recently, I have seen you act friendlier and more considerate on servers. Even when there were people on that you don't like (like me) or people would confront you about rules, you seem to keep your cool and not let it bother you too much. I think these are noteworthy improvements and I'm not going to lie and act like you haven't changed just because of a dumb feud we had. 

Overall, I do think you've come a way and shaped up. I'm not going to -1 you just because of one bad experience. However, I also believe it's too early for me to +1 this. I want to see you keep being a good boi, then maybe I'll change my mind.

My vote remains neutral... for now. 

Edited by Precious
typo don't @ me (see edit history)

Honestly, a lot of people would say it's too soon from your unban to get staff. It makes a lot of sense, but the important thing is that we're now aware that you want staff.

If you don't get staff from this, we'll be keeping an eye out to see if you really go that extra mile and you'll get staff in no time. You're on the right track as we've all seen a massive improvement over this past (just over) a month.

Probationary mod is something we generally try to avoid otherwise I'd suggest that.

Good luck regardless, dude!

My opinion is obvious, but I'll say this without bias because Red's family

Before, Red was different and didn't care for the servers and just wanted to have fun without regarding other people, and can get carried away with that, but ever since his ban he's changed for the better, I haven't been as active as I were but I am working on that and whenever I am on I see Red on the servers as well, other than activity and a change in self control he knows the rules well enough to enforce them correctly, and I know too and I trust him, he was never one-sided on any argument occurring that is related to situations on the server, after seeing how he reacted to Sorcerer and how he is now I respect him for that, and after I got wind of that situation it was clear to me that he's applicable for staff.

+1 for probationary to assure any other second thoughts

14 minutes ago, Caribou said:

+1 for probationary to assure any other second thoughts

I think I said it in a different thread to do with CS, but I personally think it's either staff or no staff. If we were to promote red, we would more than likely just make him straight moderator instead of giving him a lesser position and see how he does there

+1

Knows when to joke around and when stuff gets serious.

I believe he is qualified for staff since he knows the rules and how to enforce them and he is extremely mature on the servers.

I haven't been active as I was before, but red from the times I have seen him when I was playing is really fun to be around and generally is a great guy

Good luck Miyuki!