nuen

Saving For a New PC! Advice?

So as some of you know, the reason I haven't been in the actual in game servers much, and only on discord and forums, is because my current pc (a laptop btw) is pretty much broken. While it wasn't powerful to begin with, some proper configs and lower graphics settings allowed to run TF2 pretty well, unfortunately, the older it gets, the less it works. I've been thinking about saving for a PC for a while but unfortunately, the holiday season left me pretty short on cash. I'm only like 14, but with Christmas and my Birthday coming up soon, I should get a boost. I also got a job, and cutting out all the stuff I save for college, I make about 35 dollars a month (I work like 2-3 hours a week only lol). Since I'm not a tech textbook I'd really like any recommendations on PC's that are cheep, and are able to run games like Overwatch, GTA5, TF2, etc, smoothly. I'm really not expecting much if any help here, but I figured I should give it a shot, any help is appreciated!

-nuen 

Building a PC yourself is typically much more economical than buying a prebuilt PC from reputable businesses. A "cheap" PC would probably be around $550 to get solid performance but costs could be cut in certain places if truly needed. Below is my recommendation on what you should buy in terms of parts. If you need something that would be a lower price message me and I could create a new list for you.

On 12/18/2018 at 2:23 PM, nuen said:

I make about 35 dollars a month (I work like 2-3 hours a week only lol)

Even only working 2-3 hours a week this is like, half of the minimum wage in the U.S.

On 12/18/2018 at 2:23 PM, nuen said:

and cutting out all the stuff I save for college, I make about 35 dollars a month (I work like 2-3 hours a week only lol).

@Tatostthere's his college savings and the fact that he is 14 and likely working a family job

Wow, I thought this thread was dead, and yes I’m saving up for college, half of my pay goes to that. The other half is free spending money, I’ve started working weekdays to, and got a 220 dollar monitor for 118. All that’s left is the main computer.

edit: thanks for the part list btw

Edited by nuen (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, nuen said:

Wow, I thought this thread was dead, and yes I’m saving up for college, half of my pay goes to that. The other half is free spending money, I’ve started working weekdays to, and got a 220 dollar monitor for 118. All that’s left is the main computer.

edit: thanks for the part list btw

Yeah the part list should suffice for the games that you outlined. RAM prices are MAD low right now so the 16GB of RAM is recommended. If you do have the extra money I would suggest purchasing an SSD as a boot drive and for your main games. This would allow significantly faster boost speeds of Windows and the games on the SSD.