Vaporeon

Remove trade_echidna_shrine

Do it?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do it?

• Yes
    • No

there honestly isn't much to explain, its visibly unappealing to look at overall and the only interesting part of the map just turns into a engineer nest, not to mention some people who didn't download the map right cant join due to the maps poor design and causing errors and crashing tf2, "model inline error 22" or something along those lines

I wouldn't be losing any sleep if this map gets removed, if not removed atleast make it a rule not to build in the krusty krab area, as it pretty much becomes body blocking, and engineer nests just like old school poketrade goldenrod maps.

image.thumb.png.f1137df105b1f6fe2eeaca512a33ab03.png

BIG -1 

I love this map. 

You can literally +attack and do nothing which saves me time from farming my unique knife.

It has a lot of problems but I still don't think it should be removed since we hardly go on it and when we do I have a great time just fooling around than just actually playing the game.

While I agree this probably isn't our best map, there are MUCH worse maps on tgh, like Delivery and Nimbusland, which still exist for some reason.

Regarding this map though, I do know it causes a lot of issues for some people. While it is widely debated what makes a map bad, I think we can all agree that if a map can't load for multiple people, it's bad. Some maps kill the server because people believe they are boring, but Echidna genuinely kills the server because only like 50% of people can load it correctly. 

I personally don't mind the design of the map [though it can get stale quick especially if the krusty krab is being camped] but I do believe the map has its issues, and needs to be removed until they get fixed.

Despite most people hating it, I like it a lot, the map's barely ever played anymore. The normal part of the map is very detailed but mostly filled with snipers if anyone's actually there. The Krusty Krab is fun occasionally, it's mostly just a chill out area if someone like Bags or Red isn't there. But what I hear the most when people go into the map is that others can't load it, I used to be able to not load it, but I found that if you uninstall the map from the Team fortress folder, and join the server when its on the map, it will load it, well at least that's how I got it to fix.

8 hours ago, Owlknight_ said:

But what I hear the most when people go into the map is that others can't load it, I used to be able to not load it, but I found that if you uninstall the map from the Team fortress folder, and join the server when its on the map, it will load it, well at least that's how I got it to fix.

You shouldn't really have to go that extra mile in the first place. Having to do something extra to get a map to work is seriously going to put off potential new players and overall it's not worth it.

I would have the same opinion if it were one of the more popular maps.

On 12/22/2018 at 4:04 PM, Semper said:

I wouldn't be losing any sleep if this map gets removed, if not removed atleast make it a rule not to build in the krusty krab area, as it pretty much becomes body blocking, and engineer nests just like old school poketrade goldenrod maps.

image.thumb.png.f1137df105b1f6fe2eeaca512a33ab03.png

I have played on this map many times, and I can tell that this can be on the same level as Hotel Tower.
Like for real, it is not fun to play against a whole sentry nest when the only way to enter that area is by the teleport of the map.
Keeping in mind that something I have played with "cool" engineers that use dispensers to keep you trapped as soon as you use get there.

Edited by Reiki (see edit history)

Abstaining from voting because I don't feel we end up there often and we tend to rtv off really fast. I also don't mind having some bad maps for idiot fun (bunker), but if people really want it gone it still doesn't really matter to me.

Well, the entirety of the map is walking up a pyramid just to go to a small arena where people have one entrance and no exit, and the map is called echidna shrine. If the map is edited to have multiple entrances into the krusty krab thing, and where you spawn at after entering the area it would be better, and if there was an exit so you arent farmed just to enjoy the only good part of the map i would say yes it should stay, but it's just bad. 

+1

not only do I hear about alot of people crashing on this map and needing to go out of their way to fix something to connect to our server because the maps download is buggy, the map itself is just a shitshow

it's either going to be one of two things, people roleplaying in the krusty krab ordering krabby patties while multiple people start killing them

or a unfun camp that's more than likely going to be impossible to push with an uber and forces you to need a good rtd roll like godmode or something

killing the friendlies is funny but when it's the camp with like 4 sentries and 2 pyros or something it will definitely make people leave the server or just be bored out of their mind to the point their time on the server just wasn't pleasant